Ratings for Dr. Frank Y. Chen

Relies too much on his nurses, who do not have adequate knowledge of what they are doing, what they are prescribing, and what advice they are giving. I was told that it was ok for me to consume alcohol while I was prescribed heavy antipsychotics, which is possibly life threatening. I was also prescribed medications which were not used to treat any of the symptoms I was having. For example, I was prescribed a highly addictive benzodiazepene even though I was not having any feelings of anxiety. My charts were also fudged to death and I could press charges any time I wanted. I chose to move on and find a new practice.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

I have been seeing Sr. Chen for eight years. I was impressed with his ability to know me without having ever met me. In my first visit he sat and talked as if he had been living my life with me. Very smart, personable and has helped me and my daughter through so very difficult time. I was more than a little upset when he chose to spot his private practice and do hospital in patient care only. Still looking for someone to replace him. Impossible I think.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

When I was 18, I became DR Chen's patient because I checked into Cypress Creek hospital. I was full blown manic and had racing thoughts along with rambling. I was also suffering from psychosis. Within two weeks, dr chen had me feeling better. I was undergoing ECT treatments for my mania/depression and I was placed on Haldol along with Zyprexa. Lithium also saved my life. It made me more creative than I've ever been. I'm 24 now and I'm still going to DR Chen's office. He's an amazing guy and cares deeply about his patients. The staff that he has working for him are always very nice and helpful. Even though, I no longer see Chen himself, but one of his nurses. I can honestly say that his nurses are always communicating with him. If it wasn't for DR. Frank Chen, I'd probably still be self-medicating with weed.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

I looked up the ratings on a few Dr's to find the one that was right for me. Dr. Chen was my first choice. but the only way to get in touch with his office is on line. the first request I put in I did get a call back but missed the call. I never go another call back. and I put in 3 or 4 more requests on different days to sechedule an apt. I still have not recieved a call and it has been about 3 to 4 weeks. I guess I will have to go to another Dr.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

The nurse practitioner I saw tried to schedule a session via skype, which is unacceptable to me, without even telling me before I received a confirmation email.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2014

very professional, takes extra time to address all issues and resolve them

flag | Submitted January 1, 2014

Alot of people say this but Dr. Chen actually DID save my life. he is the most intellectual psych I'v ever visited and he truely cares about his patients. I first came under his supervision in Cypress Creek Hospital for attempted suicide. he would check on me every day. And the guy knows his meds. He took me out of a dark hole in a couple of days. If I could, I would reccommend that everyone see Dr. Frank Chen. He is compassionate and caring and is truely interested in helping his patients. I owe this guy my life. No b.s. Thank you Dr. Chen

flag | Submitted May 15, 2011

Dr. Frank Y. Chen's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

MB Health