Ratings for Dr. Gilda Frent

Very pleasant and trustworthy . I wish she was my general practitioner

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

she was so bad she touched me in very sexual and bad ways I will no go there ever again she was an a**whole to me she kept hitting in my head when I told her no to stop and there was so many students she laughed at my penis size

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Wait times way to long she has too many students and when you say you don't want to see a student you are penalised by being made to wait even longer to see YOUR doctor. Can never get thtough to office by phone its constantly ringing busy. Often seems rushed and reluctant to work as a partner in her patients health care. If there was another doctor anywhere taking new patients I'd be gone.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Here I am waiting in this office again to see Dr Bowdridge and again I have waited almost an hour now. Never on time and not worth waiting around for. Poor service.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr Frent was my family doctor for many years. Not the best family doctor (too rushed, wait time too long, too many med students, etc) but I could live with it. However, she was also my pre-natal and delivery doctor. I had only 2 things on my birth plan - no episiotomy and delayed cord clamping. We discussed both of these during my pre-natal appointments. In the end, she gave me an episiotomy without even telling me. The baby was not in distress, labour was progressing as it should - she just cut me without saying a word. And when my babt was put on my chest right after being born, the cord was already clamped. If you want your birth plan wishes actually treated with some semblance of respect, find another doctor. She is no longer my family doctor.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

My biggest complaint would be the wait times for appointments, I know this is normal in our province but if I am booked in at 4, I want to be seen at 4. Gilda is a great woman, she delivered my son and will soon deliver my daughter, she is a straight shooter and tells it how it is (this could offend some people, as I can tell from other reviews I have read, it clearly has) She is a teaching doctor so if you aren't wanting to deal with med students than switch now!! You will have to see a new med student each visit unless she for some reason does not have one, I think its great that she is teaching these students however be prepared to repeat your life story each visit, but hey- they have to start somewhere. She was excellent with my sons delivery and I am sure she will be excellent with my daughter, she knows what she is doing, blunt or not!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Been my doctor for 15+years. Confident in her skill and absolute attention to detail.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr. Gilda handled my pre natal and birthing for my second son. So my first appointment was around 1 year ago. My son was born and had some medical issues and was sent to NICU. Gilda was a SUPERSTAR she was in control and made sure we got the best treatment ... Seriously- this woman is no joke. She proved to me that she fights for her patients. She got to the bottom of it- and everything was fine. I feel safe and trust Gilda with my family's health. So if I need to see a student first, or wait a bit longer than other doctors I'm fine with that. If she isn't quite as sweet as my granny... I don't care. I have wonder woman as my doc. And Nancy is fabulous. Efficient, Kind, and a great team with dr Gilda.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Rude and doesn't seem to be enjoying family medicine any more. I go in with a problem and was very rushed and then was to I should have googled my symptoms and then in the next breath told never to do that. Messed up my prescriptions twice and then made me wait to have it corrected (she wrote the wrong name on them and even called on into the pharmacy like that). She yells at her med students and belittles them. I am happy I have moved.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Rude. Rushed. Misuse of med students- she should be watching them work not using them as a way to just get through patients faster. She has been our doctor for a few years. Looking for a new one. Find she is only getting worse.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016