Ratings for Dr. Alice Rogan

Dr. Rogan is rude and condescending and made the darkest time of my life significantly more painful. She made up her mind that I wasn't putting in the work to get better and never seemed to let me out of that box. I was 18 when under her care in a hospital thousands of miles away from my home. I was alone and scared and hopeless. She validated my feelings of worthlessness. She is knowledgable but should be in a lab and not in direct care. The kicker is that almost 20 years later, after she gave up and documented in my discharge summary how bleak my prognosis was that I am now a mental health professional about to graduate with my master's in social work. I own a house, am married and have a kid. She wouldn't believe it if she knew. She continues to be an example to me about how not to behave with clients.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Dr. Rogan and I just didn't click. She was rude and condescending toward me. She revoked my privileges while in hospital if I didn't lose 2-3 lbs a week. She also refused to allow me visit time with my family when they came halfway across the country to see me. I was never so happy to leave the hospital as I was when she discharged me. It was equivalent to being freed from prison.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008