Ratings for Dr. R.U. Johnston

I was delivered by Dr. Johnson 47yrs ago, my next time seeing him I was a young lady with abnormal periods, he was great explaining things to me so I could understand what was happening to me, I was very compfortable with him. Years later I had two children that he had delivered 1- by emergency C-Section which he saved me an my babies lives, the baby was premature and I was hemoraging. It was a very scary experience but Dr. Johnson was so caring an professional. My second delivery went well. I next seen him for a partial hysterectomy which also went well. I just have to say over all these years I known Dr. Johnson as a patient he's treated me with respect, always explained everything (in detail if needed). He was always pleasant, cheerful and kind. He is #1 in my books an highly recomenned by me ( Brenda)

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Hello Dr. Johnston, You were my physician in 1993 when a problem developed between myself & Phillipot: provera &;re abdominal pain.... 100 mg given vs/10mg prescribed ... So calm & professional & chatting about your children....yet not helpful...so on the side of your fellow doctors! I have lived with the after effects of the over dose of this drug since then. As you said it wouldn't hurt you..... so why are you complaining? My idea was : give it to your wife!One day you will have to account for your lack of help that was given to me. Hoping that you repent as I have. Ruth Peter-Nielsen (Coleman)

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

Dr.Johnston will be missed dearly when he retires. I called when my own doctor refused another gyne referral to him(last seen 8 years prior) due to my fibroids and uterine bleeding. The secretary took me right away,no questions asked, and they followed up with me through until they knew i was taken care of. Honest,professional and caring. All things a female doesn't usually get with a male gynecologist in this city. Hate to see you go but well wishes to you and yours. Thank you.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

Dr. Johnston delivered all 3 of my children and was kind. I was terrified with my first one because I didn't expect an emerg c-section. He kept me calm, he joked with me and made the experience something to remember. He's truly a blessed man. My children are now 10, 8 & almost 7. :) I want him as my surgeon if I have another one.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2010

Such an amazing doctor. Very knowledgable and considerate. Talks to you, not down to you. Always follows up on test results. This man can't retire! He is one in a million. I feel so privileged to have had him as a doctor for many years.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Even though I was his patient about three years ago, he took the time out to consult with me over the phone on my new problem. He's retiring and it will be a loss for the medical community.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

Dr. Johnston's office is a very well run and organzied office. They are very helpful and are willing to give you information that will help you out. I have never had any problems with this office and look forward to many more years of being his patient.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

Outstanding. I would highly recommend him. My health problems were explained in simple terms to me and why it was happening. Following my operation Dr. J. follow-up with a visit. His office staff is professional and personable. A winning combination.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2008

Am a health care worker and Dr. J. receives a "5" rating. Does a lot of self follow-up, not just leaving it to his staff. Takes a real interest in his patients, caring, and knowledgable. Does not hesitate to refer if uncertain or something needed in another area of medicine. Great sense of humour and empathic, and understanding.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2007

Dr. Johnston is an amazing Doctor. I first went to him back in 2000 when I was 19 due to cysts on my ovaries. the only problem was, I had no clue what they were. He took the most amazing care of me, even making calls to me at home on his time off to make sure I was ok. I never knew pain until I had the cysts. If it wasn't for him, I don't know what I would have done or how I would have got through it. I moved up North near Timmins 3 years ago and I was so upset that I was going to be so far away from him, but that didnt stop me from keeping him as my gyno. I travelled the 5-6 hours all the time to make my appointments. Then in April 2006 I went to his office for my routine PAP and I told him my husband and I were going to try to get pregnant right away, but I wanted his OK, due to my history of cysts. He gave me the go ahead, but I was not able to keep him for the pregnancy....big sad face on that!!! Needless to say, I delivered my healthy baby girl the first of february 2007.HE ROCKS

flag | Submitted March 18, 2007