Ratings for Dr. Helen H. Vu

I have seen Dr Vu two times in the past and was not impressed by the staff or Dr Vu. I have a history of precancerous cells in my breast, as well as a family history of breast, colon & bladder cancer. When discussing possible meds to use as a lubricant during intimate relations, she recommended certain meds each time that state NOT to use if there is a history of breast or other cancers. During the 2nd visit, I had mentioned this, so she called in a different one and when I went to the pharmacy to pick it up, it also had the same warning. Dr Vu obviously does not listen to patients nor pay attention to their medical history, which could cause severe problems for the patient! Thank goodness I read warnings or I may have had a different outcome! As far as the staff, they are rude when questioning anything to do with billing. I will be looking for a new gynecologist.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

I was with DR. Vu for years and I left her practice. She was very rude and one time i had a major emergency and they never called me back. I had to see someone i didn't know where I winded up needed a major DEC. Still waiting for my phonecall back and its been 6 months.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

I felt Dr Vu was very unprofessional. She called my opinions crazy because I don't always agree with the typical standards of care in this country.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

As other reviews also note, Dr. Vu is attentive, helpful, and supportive. She's a good doctor. However, if you might want STD testing, I suggest that you clarify before making the appointment whether Dr. Vu still requires an in-person appointment to receive negative STD test results. (If so, some of the other providers in this office do not have this policy). I had to pay an extra co-pay and take the time to come to an in-person appointment to hear that my tests had been negative because Dr. Vu said "we used to do calls but it just got too hard when results were positive." In-person meetings to deliver clean results create more appointments, more co-pays and more income for the doctor. This practice is unnecessary, inconvenient and more expensive for patients. I want the option of getting a phone call!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Patient's update
Update: I (completely unexpectedly) received a refund for my extra co-pay two months after my appointment, so it seems that Dr. Vu is aware of the issue with unnecessary followups and has fixed it. In this case, can whole-heartedly recommend her services. She is an excellent doctor.

Submitted December 12, 2014

The office staff was ok but the doctor told me I needed to use condoms for the first month when switching bc pills!! How can a gynecologist be so stupid!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

I have seen almost all of the doctors at this practice throughout my pregnancy. Dr Vu was by far the best. She takes the time to actually ask how you are doing and offers great feedback. She doesn't appear rushed and provides excellent quality care. I wish I could say the same about the others...

flag | Submitted September 3, 2011

I have been going to this practice for 7 years now and I left to go to someone else. She was always late, I was always waiting at least 45 min to see her!! Not to mention that she wasn't that nice. I don't feel like she really cared how I was doing. Now I love my obgyn!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2009

Dr. Vu is a GREAT doctor! I've been seeing her now for about 5 years and am VERY pleased with her on all accounts! She's very personable and cares about you as a person! I am VERY pleased with her!!!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

I have been going to see Dr. Vu for several years now, and have always been very pleased with treatment. She is attentive, asks good questions, and discusses other areas of health that may affect a woman and her reproductive health. She also related well to my teenage daughter and always has the patient's best interest in mind. I would recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

Dr. Vu was wonderful. She is very bright and provides excellent care.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2008

Dr. Helen H. Vu's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1996)

UnitedHealthcare