Ratings for Dr. Gary L. Penny

Dr. Penny is wonderful. He knows his stuff and is kind, yet direct.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Seen Dr Penny now for 12 years. I'm his (or was) youngest and second longest patient ever for bipolar. He is amazing and I know he will help me through my thirties ( just turned 30 in July) and beyond. Down to earth, knowledgeable and just a great character. Debbie - his admin is tough as nails but when you need her on your side for insurance issues, you will be grateful for this one of a kind lady. Oh and I gave 4 stars for punctuality not due to them but me - I miss my appointments often and I wish they still did the pre appointment call but huh, my issue not theirs. Love this group.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Penny is so down to earth it is almost overwhelming. He is very intelligent but talks to you like a person and explains everything to you in laymen's terms. He saved my life. Very brilliant man. However his office manager is the spawn of Satan. If you don't mind the verbal abuse from Debbie, Dr. Penny is the best psychiatrist you will ever find.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

Extremely knowledgeable. This is the doctor in San Antonio that other psychiatrists refer to when they can't help you. He is out of network for me, but worth every penny (no pun intended). He has helped me when no one else could. Friendly, genuinely concerned with his patient's welfare and will spend time with you during appointments -- doesn't hurry you along. Very thorough. Staff is nice, much better than the other offices I have been to!! With calls to the office, he calls back that day or comes to the phone when you call. Love this doctor, but not that he is out-of-network for my insurance (my problem).

flag | Submitted January 28, 2009

Dr. Gary L. Penny's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 78284 (Grad. 1992)