Ratings for Dr. Sam J. Coates

Dr. Coates is the psychiatrist at Telos RTC, our son is in treatment at this wonderful therapeutic boarding school. Dr. Coates doesn't have great bedside manner, but he spends hours asking probing questions of the families and the kids before Telos makes a decision about whether or not they feel that their therapeutic model can help your child. We feel fortunate that our son and family were considered a match for their program. He explains things very thoroughly, it hs been extremely helpful to have all the extra support and information about Processing Disorders and their very organized, structured program has all of us very hopeful for a positive outcome for the future.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I saw him when I was inpatient at UVRMC. He saw me every morning at like 6 or 7 am....a little early to wake me up. And, he seemed to be in a hurry to get somewhere else. He asked me if I was seeing or hearing things and if I was sleeping and left. He has a nice smile and I can tell he is a nice person but he didn't seem to be very comfortable socially. He is consistant and does the job well but I didnt feel as comfortable with him as I did with some other psychiatrists I have seen.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2009

Not the worst psychiatrist I've ever seen, but I felt very uncomfortable around him. To be honest, he seemed kind of creepy. His competence was okay – I wouldn't go back to him and I wouldn't recommend him, but I don't have specific complaints other than that he didn't really do much at all.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

Dr. Sam J. Coates's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)