Ratings for Dr. Steven V. Teynor

Dr. Teynor is a doctor who is there to truly help better your life not pick up a paycheck. When I first met dr. Teynor we didn't quite hit it off (probably because my mood was crummy and my attitude) he won't tell you what you want to hear he will tell you the truth which is what you need. I came to the realization that I needed to actually listen to his advice, and that was the best choice I made. He's been incredibly helpful and charitable. The more you take his advice the more willing he is to help you and the more better you get. :) I'm not 100% better yet but I'm much better than I was the first time I saw dr. Teynor. It's only a matter of time before I feel back to normal. I'm very grateful for this dr.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I had been profoundly depressed for several years before I was referred to Dr Teynor by a colleague of my husband. I had been hospitalized several times, had gone through numerous electroshock treatments so I was literally at the end of my ability to suffer anymore. Dr Teynor has a mild voice but was very direct, a little confrontive, and had a different approach than any other psychiatrist I had been too. He is not a touchy feely Dr at all and I wasn't quite sure what to think after that first visit. He did ask me numerous questions before prescribing 3 new medications. I was amazed when I started feeling better after so many years. That was 7 years ago and I have felt and done better than I'd ever had any hope to do. I continue to see Dr Teynor about every 3 months. He is extremely bright, very knowledgeable about psychiatric medications, and very down to earth. He wants the whole person to be healthy.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Not sure who these people have been seeing, but my experience with Dr Teynor left me very unimpressed. He had an initial diagnoses for me and ignored my other symptoms which I was trying to get help with. Was unavailable when a crises hit and made no effort to put me in touch with someone else while he was AWOL.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

I've been seeing dr. Teynor for almost 10 years now. He is incredible! If you're looking for a doctor who will hold your hand and coddle you, doctor Teynor is not for you. But if you want a doctor who is honest, forthright and will work hard to help you help yourself, doctor Teynor is your man. Doctor Teynor has been an integral force in my struggle to beat bipolar. My family and I owe him a debt of gratitude. He is awesome. I would recommend him any day of the week.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Dr. Teynor is a great doctor. I have been seeing him for the last 5 years and I have been very happy with my care. He is a very specific doctor though, and I feel that most people will either love him or hate him. He's very blunt, honest, and tells it like it is. He's not a doctor who is going to just hand out medication for everything. He has always told me that you have to be taking care of yourself physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually, before you can expect to get better. His approach to medicine was something that I had never experienced from any doctor before, and it did take me awhile to get used to; but once I did I really love him as a doctor. I have been stable with my medication for the last 5 years, and I am very pleased with my care. If you want a doctor who doesn't take a lot of excuses for things and tells you the hard truth even if it is going to hurt your feelings, this is your doctor. If you need to be handled with kid gloves I would find someone else.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012

Having a long standing chronic problem we have seen many Psychiatrists through the years. We were thrilled to find Dr. Teynor. He is knowledgeable, direct in his approach and persistent in working to treat the problem. We have been with him several years and through several crises and we couldn't be happier with the care given.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

Excellent rapport. Helped with medication management to mitigate my diagnosis.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2011

Dr. Teynor has kept me out of the hospital and safe in my life. I simply owe him my life. He is bold with his diagnoses and elegant with the proper medication needed. I would - and have - referred him to anyone close to me in my life.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Dr. Teynor has a unique personality. He is extremely professional and yet caring. He is knowledgeable and has really helped me over the several years I have been going to him. I have been impressed with the way he takes the whole person into account when deciding on treatment. I am a different person than I was when I first saw Dr. Teynor. His staff is helpful and kind as well.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Outstanding psychiatrist, excellent in both knowledge and intuition. I would trust Dr. Teynor's judgment in any circumstance requiring psychiatric/psychological counseling.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2011

Dr. Steven V. Teynor's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1989)

AARP