Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Segal

Dr. Segal is one of the most excellent Drs that I have ever had . Dr. Segal brought me to stability after 35 years of struggle with affective manic depression. (Schizophrenia ) . He is personable, knowledgeable, kind, and conscientious. I would say he is the number one physician in his field in the Utah area and maybe even the Western states. I am thankful that I have been his patient. In many ways he is a hero to me. Thank you Dr. Segal!!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

Rich has been my doctor for 20+ years. He is genuinely caring and an informed, bright man. I had to laugh hard at the reviewer who compares him to Freud. Clearly that person has never giggled with Rich over the human condition. I very much like his style of working with me and listening to my crazy (!) ideas.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2010

Well he is avery friendly doctor, that wants to help you. He seems genuinely caring, and he takes his time to explain things, but he is not very punctual. He makes the client wait for a long time in the waiting area. Other than that he is a good doctor and a nice person.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2009

Dr. Segal is a great doctor. He is the ONLY doctor that has been able to help my mother. She is very mentally ill and seems to push away all of her doctors. Yet, Dr. Segal has reached her in a way that others can't. I have also been in to see Dr. Segal a few times and he's very helpful and knowledgeable. A great man.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

Dogmatic, indoctrinated, lacking in critical and independent thinking ability, dishonest, egotistical, more interested in pushing his own agenda and his own goals rather than helping his patients, seems to need to take the role of the big man in charge attempting to intimidate his patients into taking the submissive, sequacious role. He's also a terrible cliche, bald, german-looking, stern in the face, and just in every way redolent of Freud. He seems to be trying to project an image for his patients. Anyways, he was totally unwilling to pursue treatment options that I suggested and the reason seemed to be only that <b><i>I</i></b> had suggested them. In short, he's an individual who puts his own ego and personal needs before the needs of his patients and in fact seems to have had no interest in helping me whatever. Very unfriendly gloomy guy, who, if I'm not mistaken, is in the prodromal phase of Alzheimer's. I cannot recommend emphatically enough that you not seem this "doctor".

flag | Submitted September 30, 2008

Dr. Richard A. Segal's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl 33101 (Grad. 1973)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan