Ratings for Dr. Carolyn S. Hixson

Dr.Hixson pushes religion on you from the moment you walk in the door. Her judgment was extremely apparent as I'm not married and have had more than one sexual partner. She highly recommended I be tested for HIV even though I have absolutely zero reason to be other than the fact that I've had more than one sexual partner. If she was so worried about me being diseased why wouldn't she test me for literally any other STD?? It was as if she was trying to scare me into not committing another "sin" I understand she's private practice and is allowed to shove her religious beliefs down your throat but it was sincerely off putting and very uncomfortable. I came to get a Pap smear not be judged and ridiculed for my personal choices that don't concern her. Would not recommend AT ALL. Her nurse was kind but the lady who checked me in was a sarcastic piece of work. Just got an over all bad feeling from the second I entered the office.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Carolyn Hixson for 5+ years. I beg to differ with those who rated her negatively. You can tell she really cares about her patients. The office staff is also extremely caring, friendly and beyond welcoming. I love how open and straight forward Dr. Hixson is during conversation, even if it is an uncomfortable subject, she always makes me feel extremely comfortable. She really listens to my questions and concerns. I would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Just dont have surgery with her. Thats all! Not a delightful experience.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

I have to agree with those who rated Dr. Hixson negatively. I have been going to her for 5+ years and in the earlier years, she was helpful and a good doctor, but when I was diagnozed with HPV, her judgement became apparent.I don't mind 'straight talk', but I do object to her judgemental behaviors and inappropriate use of religious icons surrounding her office.It's as if she believes a woman's sex life should only be considered for progreation purposes and any other reason for having sex is not appropriate, even 'sinful'.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

It is my hope that the next person who is contemplating scheduling with Dr. Hixson carefully consider all the opinions and experiences that have been shared on this website. Please don’t be predisposed by the negative, nor assume that your experience will be the same as others. All I can tell you is that I’m not a high-maintenance patient and do not require a lot of warm and fuzzy talk (I’d rather have substance over fluff and hate being placated), so Dr. Hixson’s informative and straight-forward approach as well as her courteous staff, culminated in the experience that I was seeking and could appreciate. If you are seeking a similar experience, you won’t be disappointed!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

Very positive and polite female Dr. Listens to your concerns and gives you straight answers. I have had many Dr and she is one of the best. Makes you feel very comfortable and is takes a positive approach to making you better.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

Dr. Hixson delivered both of my children and has always been very professional and caring. I admit she has discussed things with me I didn't want to hear but I respect her for doing so and I am glad she cares enough about my health to tell me the truth.She has been great with referring me to other health care professionals when needed.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

She told me not to worry about a growth and now after a few months I have two more and dont have another 50.00 I asked her how to get rid,of it and she showed no concern. Like most doctors I get they drag out ur sickness so u keep coming back.but if u dont help me and listen the 1st time.then I just find a new doc

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

I would never return to see this physician. Her communication skills were poor, she was inappropriate in discussing diagnosis and further treatment prior to getting the biopsy back. She preached religion and was not good at passing information to the family.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

The first time I saw Dr. Hixson (years ago) I was a little put off by her demeanor. Later, my family physician referred me to her when I began having menopausal issues and a bladder issue that he was not able to help me with. Dr. Hixson helped me through those issues so much and gave me information that I did not receive from my GP that I now go to see her yearly for my annual exams. She may not be all "warm & fuzzy" but she was/is knowledgable and extremely helpful at a time when I needed help. I love her staff and her nurse is a jewel.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2010

Dr. Carolyn S. Hixson's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal