Ratings for Dr. Jean K. Boyd

I called Dr. Boyd off a referral from another doctor. I actually called twice because BPAA's phone number was listed under another doctor. I explained my situation to her and she did everything in her power to convince us to go elsewhere. I explained why I wanted a private psychiatrist (because public has a 6 month waitlist and a recently diagnosed patient only has 1 month of medication and our health insurance does not work out here and we have cash to give her) and she refused to help. Dr. Boyd told us that a lack of referral from another doctor is "archaeic" even after the insurance and cross country issue was explained to her. Dr. Boyd argued with me about the numerous phone calls I have already made and the poor public response I have received. Then she told me to go to the ER. After reading her reviews here, I am glad she talked herself out of a patient. I am glad we did not go to her.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

5/23/16 Dr. Jean Boyd Waiting room is small and cramped - only 2 chairs (for 2 practitioners) Opinionated - does not listen well - sticks to own opinion even when basis potentially invalid Has her dog in waiting and consulting rooms Refused to accept the list of current medications I had brought with me - Insisted I bring the actual Rx bottles. Refused to schedule tentative appointment - to be confirmed by phone once she had received medical information she had requested. Overall very difficult to work with. Real mystery how she even has a license. Definitely not someone to go to.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

On my only visit Dr. Boyd asked me twice where I went to college and then refused to treat me. I went to Mt. Holyoke. I think she is dangerous AND.crazy!!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

This doctor has let her reception staff go so you're forced to go through her for everything. If you have a non-life threatening emergency don't call her because she'll likely have you taken away in an ambulance whether you want it or not. I saw her for about 7 mos. and unfortunately it was wasted time and money. Her diagnosis kept changing from week to week, and I was never able to get my medications straightened out (I was on many). I know psychiatrists are clinical and aren't "sympathetic" per se, but this doctor was rude, arrogant, and insulting at almost every appointment. She also ridiculed me for having a large vocabulary. I finally stopped seeing her and have somehow straightened out my bill, which was always messed up somehow. It was hard having to go through her and not a receptionist, because she can't keep her patients or appointments straight. She should really retire. I was fine with the dogs but I know some don't like them, so why put your patients through that?

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

THIS IS THE MOST INSANE WOMAN I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. SHE CONSTANTLY COMPLAINS ABOUT HER OWN STAFF THAT WORKS FOR HER, DOESNT UNDERSTAND WHAT SHES TALKING ABOUT, JUDGES EVERYONE, HAS AN OPINION OF HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE HER WAY, ONLY CARES ABOUT MONEY, WILL NEVER GIVE YOU ANY PAPERWORK THAT REQUIRES HER TO MOVE AN INCH, THE ONLY GREAT THING ABOUT THAT PLACE IS HER STAFF, WHICH I DONT KNOW HOW THEY STAND HER AFTER SHE PUTS THEM DOWN IN FRONT OF THE PATIENTS. EMBARRESSING MORE FOR HER THAN THE STAFF SINCE EVERYONE KNOWS SHES THE INSANE ONE. GET HER LICENSE AWAY FROM HER. SOMEONE NEEDS TO CATCH HER.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

For me this Dr. is a double edge. I am extremely disappointed in the staff, the wait times, her mannerisms and inability to correct prescription errors. At the same time she was able to help me find a balance in my medication that has me feeling normal again. I am considering making a change to a new Dr. but for the time being I have chosen to arm myself with the knowledge that each and every time I go to the office I need to dedicate an hour-mostly spent waiting. Also, I make sure that she fills my scripts for at least 2 months. This makes the visits easier to deal with. God forbid you need a Dr's note or any paperwork filled out with that office. It won't happen. Don't even ask her. Also, she doesn't like children. Find a babysitter. For the more intense sessions I would never bring the kids but I have sometimes been stuck bringing them when I have a simple refill appointment. Overall I am very happy with the way I feel. I'll still b---- about the long wait though!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

I agree that she is arrogant, extrememly uncaring of me, extremely judgemental, non empathetic for anyone but herself, narcissistic. I left the office balling my eyes out after standing up for myself to her. She wanted a previous $20 bal. paid before she would see me. I had paid it down on every office visit from an original $80 no show fee that I had questioned. I told her I was looking for a new psychiat't & wanted to keep seeing my therapist there. She said she wouldn't allow me to do this. She then said she could no longer work with me. Very damaging woman. I did not easily cry back then; however, I was balling my eyes out in the parking lot. She seemed not to care at all except about herself. I liked her dogs but she said I was the only one they ever growled at. I hope she gets her license revoked permanently.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

I am pretty sure that Dr. Boyd wrote the review under this one herself. There is a tool for the scrips but there is also a cell phone used for texts and a phone for calls. I have been told that they were personal calls by her on several occasions. How would a patient know that there are office emergencies or issues with other patients? Giving that information to another patient seems quite unproffesional to me. I have never been treated so poorly by someone who is supposed to be a professional. I won't even get started on the dogs.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

I disagree with a lot of what is written. I have been seen for 2 yrs at BPPA. I saw a tx there who helped me a lot. Also, I was sent to Dr. Boyd by my tx. She sometimes runs late, because of emergencies in the office or crisis with other ptnts. When she did see me she was on point,always asked how I was,and she knows her meds. Boyd figured out that I "had Lyme Disease” (without a blood test) just by what I reported to her…my PCP missed it. I think that people are confused about her “texting”(I can attest as I work in Medicine). They use a tool which looks like a Blackberry, but it's a computer based Rx Pad which allows Dr.’s to send your script into the pharmacy. When I’ve been with Dr. Boyd she is not “texting,” she is sending my Rx to my pharmacy. I enjoy the dogs, they add some humor to the session. I’ve also seen the tx(s) ask to “borrow a dog” for sessions,the kids ask for it. There was a time when they were changing computer systems where apptmnts got confused but that's resolved

flag | Submitted November 13, 2009

I like the dogs, and they helped my daughter be at ease: good therapy dogs. This office deals with difficult cases, and we got help here that we could not find elsewhere. They helped us understand ourselves and stop fighting. Maybe late, but there for us. Very knowledgeable and explained carefully @ medications to us.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

Dr. Jean K. Boyd's Credentials

• Portuguese

• Medical College Of Pennsylvania (Grad. 1971)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Raynham, MA