Ratings for Dr. Paul V. Luisada

Dr. Luisada was the on-staff psychiatrist at Mt. Vernon Hospital this summer when my 24 year old son was there. He spoke to my son for about 3.5 minutes the first day, and had ZERO to say to my husband & me. He has terrible manners. He billed us $160 per day for his services, i.e., the 3 minutes he spent each day with my son, for a total of about 20 minutes all week. When my son finally left, "against medical advice" (because the hospital did NOTHING for him the entire time he was there, except for a yoga class), Luisada provided no follow-up. We demanded an exit report, and it was totally, 100% erroneous from start to finish. He is a liar, a fake and a fraud. I plan to report him.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

Absolutely Horrible. Uncaring, Clueless. No concern for the patient. Overnedicates with excessive doses of RX. Does not care about side effects or drug interactions. Gruff, terrible bedside manner. Like a BAD contractor, took the money & disappeared. NEVER AGAIN! Unprofessional.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

Dr Luisada is a terrible listener, and not very helpful. He is a "it's my way of the highway" type of physician, as well, so if you are interested in trying a different/new medication, he'll probably shoot you down. I stopped seeing him because my Anxiety and Depression were not improving.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Luisada for over 20 years, and he has helped me tremendously. He has always thoroughly explained medications and the nature of my illness to me, stressing that medication therapy is a trial and error process for each individual. He has been very careful to begin with the lightest therapy with the least possible side effects, (while gradually easing me onto or off of a new medication) and has always been attentive and interested in my feedback. I have found him to be a compassionate doctor and well-versed in available medications as well as the interactions with other medications. He's a wonderful doctor, and I consider him a lifetime teacher/educator to me for my anxiety disorder. I would stress to anyone though that it is a patient's responsibility, no matter how much confidence you have in your doctor, to research your medications and conditions, and to be very candid and tell your doctor if you don't feel 'right' for any reason.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

I have been a patient of his since 1985 and he is simply the best out there. I had been hospitalized at Georgetown University and that was a joke - no help there whatsoever. I had panic disorder and agoraphobia really bad back when it was sort of "new" and no one but him knew how to deal with it. He gives you undivided attention, has an innate curiosity about what's wrong with you and knows how to use meds creatively (using drugs not necessarily labeled for your issues - but he knows his psychopharmacology really well). He thinks outside the box. He is dedicated to his patients and they come first over everything.He told me once after a big snowstorm here that he would walk though the snow if no 4WD's were able to get him to the hospital.He is now mainly a hospital doctor (Mt Vernon).He is more of a doctor that uses meds to help you (with less psychotherapy) because he says it's what he sees helping ppl.Most of my yrs w/him have been 1x yr visits for med maintenance.Saved my life!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

Dr. Paul V. Luisada's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1971)

Commercial Insurance Company