Ratings for Dr. Colleen Pokrant

Will infect you with a STD with syringe, DO NOT let aboriginals into care with her. She is insane. She has hatred, non caring for local aboriginals, she will infect htem all.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

This woman has misdiagnosed cancer in myself (i did not have ovarian cancer, she claims I did). Ironically this woman misdiagnosed my mother's cancer twenty one years before! And she DID have ovarian cancer! Horrible bedside manner, cold and unapproachable. I think it's high time she retired!!!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

If you want to injected with dirty, irreversible stds, go to her as a aboriginal. She is racist, I will prove what she did. As a proven healthy person, she is like that, I will sue her.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I first met Dr. Pokrant at 16 when in labour with my first child. I was 80% un-happy with the experience. Having had no time to take Pre-Natal classes I had no idea how to birth a child. She insisted I use Fentanol; I didn't want it but I also didn't know much and figured she knows better than me and without anyone else with me she was my only option for guidance. I had 4 shots of it. Tore really bad and her guidance for pushing was horrible. Ended up having him vacuumed out. She was so rude. And after birth because she gave me so much drugs I was not allowed to hold my baby for 12 hours!! Then came my 6 week appointment where against my wish she had her student do my pap test. I was injured because she used the wrong sized implement. I avoided her for my following pregnancies.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

She is the best doctor going. She repected your opions and did not have the attitude I'm doctor. Very professional, understanding, caring I could go on. She took care of me when I was pregnant 11 years ago. She was also very understanding for my husband and always answer his questions. Yes her office is buy but she's a busy doctor with so many patients to care for. Now that I moved from the area I do miss her terribly

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

I went in to have an IUD put in, she ripped it out of my hands and asked me who gave it to me. Refused to put it in. When it was put in, I screamed in pain, I'm deathly scared to have it removed now. Ended up with an infection after and mass amounts of embarassment. She constantly talks down to me like I'm a child and have no clue about what I have put into my body. (22 years old and researched the IUD to excess). I always wait hours to see her and she refuses to do breast exams on me. 2 thumbs down for this sad excuse for a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

Dr. Pokrant was my OB/GYN off and on for 4 years through a few miscarriages and one high-risk pregnancy. She is AWESOME. She is approachable and down-to-earth and very knowledgable. She went above and beyond the call of duty for me several times on weekends and holidays. The one time that we did have a substantial disagreement over my care, we were able to resolve it without animosity and put it behind us to carry on a successful doctor-patient relationship. I believe that without Dr. Pokrant's medical acumen, patience, and support that I would not have my wonderful daughter!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

I saw Dr. Pokrant when I was 14, I was pregnant and having an abortion. She was really nice and very caring to me. Perhaps it was because I was so young and obviously scared to death. I saw her more recently, now 10 years later, for a colposcopy and she was really, really nice. I was almost crying in pain and she was really soothing, saying things like "I know it hurts, honey, it's almost done." She even offered up follow-up information without me prompting her (I am very shy and never ask questions even when I have them, so this was a huge plus for me). I'm really sorry other people had such terrible experiences with her because I REALLY REALLY liked her.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

Wow I can't say anything good about this GYNO she is not a good doctor. She seemed ok the first time. She sent me for blood test and asked me to come back for results. That's when the bad and ugly showed up. She told me I HAD to take metformin because I would have uterin cancer if I didn't and HAD to take birth control pills also. SHE IS PRO DRUGS! First of all they messed up my blood test. When I asked to redo the blood test she refused and said I didn't need one they are NEVER wrong. My family physician re-ran the test and SUPRISE her results where wrong. I guess she loves the commission she gets for over perscribing meds people DON'T NEED!!! Thank goodness I switched to a better more knowledgeble amazing GYNO. I think the positive reviews where written by Prokrant herself. Otherwise you lucked out ladies. Do yourself a huge favour and R U N! While she hasn't done damage yet. Oh and by the way I was 15 at the time LOL she told me it was a weight loss miracle drug too!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

very heartless and cold for a female gyno. i had my first and last pap test done by her in my life. she is cruel and rough on a first gyno exame.i will not disclose what was done to me for all to read i will say this much this dr should not be in this profession as it takes care and understanding and patience and she surely lacks all of the above.thank god for dr dudar she is everything this dr is not. ashely.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009