Ratings for Dr. Raymond G Hendel

I have had numerous surgeries performed on my hands and arms by Dr. Hendel. I've always been treated with respect and genuine care and concern, even on my worst days! Always leave his office feeling confident and secure with my progress. Wait times a little long at times but keep in mind, he sees many patients not only in the office but at the ACU. He has a wicked sense of humour that can be misinterpreted by some but I have learned to appreciate it. His secretary Nicole is great! She goes above and beyond to accommodate your needs. Thank you to both Dr. Hendel and Nicole for making my recovery easier!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Treats others very poorly and is openly critical of other doctors. Can't comment on technical skill, but interpersonal skills are lacking and the attitude is childish.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Had a terrible experience with rhinoplasty from Dr. Hendel. After the initial surgery, he tried to fix it with two in-office minor revisions, which didn't help. The third time I went back he said I had to pay to have my nose redone. Spent the last 10 years with a horrific looking nose. Recently found a doctor in Toronto specializing in the face and he used filler to make my nose look close to normal. This specialist described my nose as looking like a broken down house, complete with a hole directly through my septum. For any cosmetic surgery, my recommendation is to find someone specializing in that particular area. Real Self (app) is a terrific tool for researching doctors and reviewing the experiences of others. Don't make the same mistake I did. Ten years wasted hating the way I looked and my choice in plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

FIND ANOTHER SURGEON took pins out of index finger not a good ending made us feel like we were an inconvience to his day nothing but grief since he got his hands on my index finger

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Worse "Doctor "ever! Saw him for a follow up after his brother Philip performed a surgery on my finger. He told me that I was wasting his time and that he resented having to "deal with his brother's problems ". Told me that the surgery his brother did was "a waste of time"....great to hear after dealing with all the pain and inconveniences of hand surgery! He was very rude and arrogant during the 5 mins consult that I waited 3hrs for. ....after all this, he said to come back for another follow up .......YEAH RIGHT!! WILL NEVER GO SEE AGAIN!!! When I told the nurses how rude he was, they all said that he was always like that...he always makes patients cry. .... I think that he needs to face a disciplinary committee...I think that we are entitled to some level of competency and decency from our doctors.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Such a kind attentive and thorough Doctor. Felt so supported; he really took his time to listen and explain everything to me!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

I do NOT recommend Dr Hendel. I had thumb surgery in March and have no feeling in my thumb now 6 months later. I should have listened to my gut when I first met him. He didn't take me seriously and was not knowledgeable . I told me I had a tumour in my thumb but when he operated, there was no tumour....however, he still proceeded to take a huge chunk out of my thumb for no good reason. I asked him why and he told me that he made a mistake. I am not in a position to live with my numbness and pain or try to find another surgeon to fix his mistake. PLEASE FIND ANOTHER SURGEON.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Very rude. He was always too busy to take care of my husband. He is rude to the nurses. When in the hospital, he gets angry because the nurse is not in the room when he arrives. He says he will see you at a certain time and he walks in the room 2 or 3 hours later. We didn't know if my husband was being discharged from the hospital.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Will never go seem him again, very rude. He made me feel as if I was wasting his time. The wait to see him was almost two hours to be insulted by him for five minutes. Waste of my time not h

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Had a consult with Dr. Hendel this week. I found him to be very candid and honest which put me at ease. True, his bedside manner is unique but I feel confident that his decisions regarding my treatment are what's best for me. Had me laughing more than once!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016