Ratings for Dr. Raymond G Hendel

The most uncaring physician I have ever met and I have worked in hospitals all my life. He did surgery on my son's hand 7 months ago and keeps telling us that he doesn't know what's wrong and that he doesn't care that my son is in pain. From the beginning, he has been extremely rude,arrogant, inconsiderate with no bedside manners what so ever. He made my son cry just minutes before the surgery, telling us that he didn't know how to fix his hand. We stormed out of the operating room waiting area, but not before I told him exactly what I thought of him!!! I would not recommend him to anyone. We have been referred to Toronto Western to see if they can fix the damage Dr. Hendel has done. Think twice before you see this so-called doctor.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

I had Dr. Hendel as my doctor this summer for a plastic on my finger. He was very knowledge and a experienced doctor but I found him to be a bit too upfront. Ten minutes before surgery he told me he had no clue what he was going to do for this procedure. It made me very scared and emotionally unstable. I have to admit it was a rare fracture but it was a bit to honest for a first timer going under. He staff was all very friendly and helpful. Sudbury is a good hospital overall!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

talking to the doctor was ok but in the OR room he was not wearing a mask and the door was wide open made me a little nervous. and later prove to be good cause for a month after I suffered a major infection and my surgery was done almost 3 months ago and I still have major pain and cant use my hand for something that suppose to be minor discomfort. ha! im not to impressed with the major pain I have and he doesn't seem to do much about it or no what to not mention the swelling in my hand is still their and I still need a splint for comfort and pain pills to endure my day but cant do nothing and im left handed and that's the hand that was done now what do I do now? as far as the waiting at the hospital for him after the surgery sucked it was terrible waiting

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Dr Hendel's office had changed alot sine the comments in 2011. His secretary is the most friendly person I have met at a Dr's office , Very efficient and pleasant. He is a straight forward Dr , tells it like it is. the wait can sometimes be long, but that is because he explains things in details ans takes the extra time to make sure you understand, I had surgery with him and the results were excellent. I would definitly recommend him to anyone that asks

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

My husband and I found Dr Hendel to be very straight forward and ethical. Dr. Hendel is a no nonsense Dr. who will treat you honestly and fairly. He let us know what to expect, any complications that may occur and how they would be dealt with and was very compassionate with me before and after the surgery. I would not hesitate to send someone to see him, including family and would return again myself if it was needed as this Dr. truly knows his stuff. I had an abdominal plasty done and my scarring is healing so well. The office staff was pleasant and very efficient and at no time was I made to feel that I was a bother or an inconvenience. Thank you so much for the wonderful care and amazing job on my surgery. I am extremely please.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

The first time I visited his office he was very helpful and explained what would happen. During my procedure on my lips he explained what he was doing and did ask me a few times how I was doing, which did relax me. Very impressed with his work, would highly recommend him. Two thumbs up!!!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

I dont know why people say the staff is rude, there so nice when i go in, and extra nice to my toddler giving him treats and entertaining him. And for people who say he has no bedside manner, he was so nice to me and stayed with me 20 minutes after surgery just shooting the breeze and talking about our families. I went for a breast reduction and did a great job! I totally recommend this surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

The staff is rude, just like he is. They book everyone for the same time in the morning and then it's a first come first servce deal, although no one ever tells you this, so if it's your first visit, you will be there a long time. The doctor is arrogant and self-absorbed (he rolled his eyes at me a few times after answering his questions). Aside from his bedside manner, he truly knows what he is doing and finally diagnosed something that was plaguing me for over 2 years! He did a fantastic job with the surgery. One thing I didn't like was that I needed a note filled out saying I had to be off work, in order for my job to accept my leave without pay. I had to give them a $40 money order to do this. He cashed the money order, then told me, only days before the surgery, that he couldn't fill out the form until after the surgery. I told him this was unacceptable because I needed it before hand. I had to drive back there to get my money back.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Blunt, to the point, busy man, have your questions and comments ready, quick office visits don't allow time for thinking of questions on the spot. Realisitic, and funny, kind and considerate. Performed a hand surgery and facial surgery on my young children. They liked him - so he must be genuine (dogs and kids see through the bull to your true character!) Have had several appointments, be prepared to wait, they book a group of people for the hour, and take you as you come in, not the best system with a small waiting room, just show up early for your appointment (it seems to be first come first served). Would recommend him to friends.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

poor bedside manner, secretary was rude on the phone, paid for a service for the doctor to fil out pappers and service was no fulfilled took almost a month

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

Dr. Raymond G Hendel's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "The most uncaring physician I have ever met and I have worked in hospitals all my life. He did surgery on my son's hand 7 months ago and keeps telling us that ..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I had Dr. Hendel as my doctor this summer for a plastic on my finger. He was very knowledge and a experienced doctor but I found him to be a bit too upfront. ..."

December 7, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "talking to the doctor was ok but in the OR room he was not wearing a mask and the door was wide open made me a little nervous. and later prove to be good cause ..."

May 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Hendel's office had changed alot sine the comments in 2011. His secretary is the most friendly person I have met at a Dr's office , Very efficient and pleasa..."

March 31, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This individual, I can't even in good conscience call him a Doctor, is a complete IDIOT! He knows NOTHING about proper wound care protocol and needs to seriousl..."

December 22, 2014