Ratings for Dr. Raymond G Hendel

I do NOT recommend Dr Hendel. I had thumb surgery in March and have no feeling in my thumb now 6 months later. I should have listened to my gut when I first met him. He didn't take me seriously and was not knowledgeable . I told me I had a tumour in my thumb but when he operated, there was no tumour....however, he still proceeded to take a huge chunk out of my thumb for no good reason. I asked him why and he told me that he made a mistake. I am not in a position to live with my numbness and pain or try to find another surgeon to fix his mistake. PLEASE FIND ANOTHER SURGEON.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Very rude. He was always too busy to take care of my husband. He is rude to the nurses. When in the hospital, he gets angry because the nurse is not in the room when he arrives. He says he will see you at a certain time and he walks in the room 2 or 3 hours later. We didn't know if my husband was being discharged from the hospital.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Will never go seem him again, very rude. He made me feel as if I was wasting his time. The wait to see him was almost two hours to be insulted by him for five minutes. Waste of my time not h

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Had a consult with Dr. Hendel this week. I found him to be very candid and honest which put me at ease. True, his bedside manner is unique but I feel confident that his decisions regarding my treatment are what's best for me. Had me laughing more than once!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

The most uncaring physician I have ever met and I have worked in hospitals all my life. He did surgery on my son's hand 7 months ago and keeps telling us that he doesn't know what's wrong and that he doesn't care that my son is in pain. From the beginning, he has been extremely rude,arrogant, inconsiderate with no bedside manners what so ever. He made my son cry just minutes before the surgery, telling us that he didn't know how to fix his hand. We stormed out of the operating room waiting area, but not before I told him exactly what I thought of him!!! I would not recommend him to anyone. We have been referred to Toronto Western to see if they can fix the damage Dr. Hendel has done. Think twice before you see this so-called doctor.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

I had Dr. Hendel as my doctor this summer for a plastic on my finger. He was very knowledge and a experienced doctor but I found him to be a bit too upfront. Ten minutes before surgery he told me he had no clue what he was going to do for this procedure. It made me very scared and emotionally unstable. I have to admit it was a rare fracture but it was a bit to honest for a first timer going under. He staff was all very friendly and helpful. Sudbury is a good hospital overall!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

talking to the doctor was ok but in the OR room he was not wearing a mask and the door was wide open made me a little nervous. and later prove to be good cause for a month after I suffered a major infection and my surgery was done almost 3 months ago and I still have major pain and cant use my hand for something that suppose to be minor discomfort. ha! im not to impressed with the major pain I have and he doesn't seem to do much about it or no what to not mention the swelling in my hand is still their and I still need a splint for comfort and pain pills to endure my day but cant do nothing and im left handed and that's the hand that was done now what do I do now? as far as the waiting at the hospital for him after the surgery sucked it was terrible waiting

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Dr Hendel's office had changed alot sine the comments in 2011. His secretary is the most friendly person I have met at a Dr's office , Very efficient and pleasant. He is a straight forward Dr , tells it like it is. the wait can sometimes be long, but that is because he explains things in details ans takes the extra time to make sure you understand, I had surgery with him and the results were excellent. I would definitly recommend him to anyone that asks

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

My husband and I found Dr Hendel to be very straight forward and ethical. Dr. Hendel is a no nonsense Dr. who will treat you honestly and fairly. He let us know what to expect, any complications that may occur and how they would be dealt with and was very compassionate with me before and after the surgery. I would not hesitate to send someone to see him, including family and would return again myself if it was needed as this Dr. truly knows his stuff. I had an abdominal plasty done and my scarring is healing so well. The office staff was pleasant and very efficient and at no time was I made to feel that I was a bother or an inconvenience. Thank you so much for the wonderful care and amazing job on my surgery. I am extremely please.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

The first time I visited his office he was very helpful and explained what would happen. During my procedure on my lips he explained what he was doing and did ask me a few times how I was doing, which did relax me. Very impressed with his work, would highly recommend him. Two thumbs up!!!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013