Ratings for Dr. Maha M. Abdel-Kader

Dr. AK is amazing. I moved to VA from Los Angeles where I saw my first psychiatrist. I looked for a good replacement. The first psychiatrist couldn't remember my name and seemed to have no time for me. Dr. AK not only knows who I am, but she really cares about what's going on in my life. She has continued my medication management and adjusted some of the meds so I feel better than I ever have. I have recommended her to friends and their experience is the same as mine.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

She's the first doctor that's been able to help my anxiety. I'd seen two family practice doctors and a different psychiatrist that were no help. Dr AK is wonderful and has saved my life!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

She is great doctor, very sweet and calm, I always feel better when I talk to her she listen to me carefully and makes me happy :) she always returns calls right away, she is the best doctor I ever met. I love her .

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

The doctor/office accepted my insurance plan but the level of care was below my expectations . I have limited options since very few psychiatrist accepting my insurance plan. They were late returning call.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2012

She's smart. I began seeing her after I dropped my psychiatrist of 10 years (Segall). Within a few months, she referred me to a neurologist. Turns out I have a movement disorder in addition to anxiety. I get treated for both and feel a lot better. I wish I'd found her 10 years ago!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

She is great! She returns your call right away. Is there to talk about your options, and understand your problems. She is very nice as well.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

She is a very sweet and caring doctor.She actually listens to your concerns and makes you feel understood.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

Calm and caring. She listens carefully, and considers all effects when prescribing meds.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

Dr. Maha M. Abdel-Kader's Credentials

• Univ Of Cairo, Fac Of Med, Cairo, Egypt (330-02 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1995)