Ratings for Dr. Roger Labonte

I have seen Dr. Labonte because I had a heart attack. His first words to me were whoa you have bad breath. His Cardiac knowledge may be awesome but his manners and speaking clearly are non existent. I was glad to have help from someone who knows their field but lack of bedside manner and just being ignorant made me vey uncomfortable. I nearly died through that night and his first worry is bad breath? No Thankyou. No excuse for it.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

I have partial blockages, an enlarged atrium, an arrhythmia that won't allow my heart to fully pump blood all the way throughout my body, thereby causing severe circulatory issues in my extremities. Add to these issues, angina coupled with the feeling that I am trying to breathe through a bag of warm oil. I agree he is devoid of bedside manner and basic respect for his patients. But after going through my issues with his resident, the lad was too scared to speak up when I asked his opinion in front of Labonte. This doctor's answer to my problems, and I am not joking...GAVISCON!!! I won't be back to this office. I am glad others are happy with him. He couldn't/wouldn't help me, yet he seems to have helped many others, and that's a good thing.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Four years ago I had Cardiac Arrest and was sent to Dr. Labonte in Sudbury and I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for a few people and Dr. Labonte is one of them. I agree with other reviews that he is very thorough and orders all the tests that are needed and very knowledgeable. If I have any complaint it would be that I wish I had more time with him to explain things to me. But he will take the time if you ask. But we have to remember that this guy is saving lives every day so his time is very valuable and he just cannot take too much time with each person and still have the time to get to all of the people that need him. Overall, he is excellent and I would refer him to anyone I cared about.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I went to see the Dr. about 1 year ago, he was rude and as I am dealing with MD and I told him I needed to get my heart checked once a year. He told me not to back to see him until I feel chest pains, I am now looking for a cardiologist who will take to time to see me and check my heart out at least once a year. Not going back to him. I am now with a good doctor what a difference

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Labonte was my cardiac specialist during my experience at HSN in Sudbury when I had a hear attack scare. Dr. Labonte is very thorough. He orders all tests that can be done, to rule out any causes of a patients problems other than cardiac ones. He is all business, and is very focused, which sometimes makes you feel like he's a bit distant. However he makes sure to describe all the results in a way you can understand. He speaks quickly and sometimes he's a bit hard to understand, but he is very willing to answer questions. The hospital staff love him and all speak very highly of his skills. We are lucky and should be thankful to have a doctor of his repute in our city. I am grateful for his care.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

To know him is to love him!!! I have had Dr. Labonte for 14 years now and I wouldn't trade for anyone one. He is one of our best Cardiologist here in Sudbury and for sure in Ontario. I was 52 years old when I had open heart surgery and just a week ago he did an angiogram on me and found out that I had 3 blockage. He immediately called in Dr. Shukla, another fine young wonderful Cardiologist and I can say without a doubt that I'm here because of these wonderful Doctors. Thank you for your care, your time and your lovely hands to do the work that you do.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Absolutely no bedside manners.After suffering a heart attack my first question the next day was "was there much damage to my heart " to which he very rudely replied "you had a heart attack what do you think .

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Excellent bedside manners! The procedure and following explanations were explained CLEARLY. Thank you!! The staff is also very much appreciated for their time and effort to accommodate out of town patients.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

I feel Dr Labonte is very professional and knows his business but would like it if he spoke slower and smiled occasionally. he does need some lessons in bedside manner. I know he is a very busy man but it only takes a second to smile.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

am very pleased with Dr. Labonte and would not hesitate to recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011