Ratings for Dr. Oakley Smith

Dr. Smith has exceeded all my expectations. What impresses me the most is how much he cares. He has been attentive and patient in listening to my concerns and answering all my questions. I am two years post -op and couldn't be happier with my results. There is no question that he is the best. His skill and technique are exceptional. To anyone that is considering surgery, I recommend Dr. Smith.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Dr. Smith is a pro. It's important not to under-estimate the value of experience, and quality of surgery and aftercare when deciding on a surgeon; I knew I had to get it right the first time as I was in need of a rhinoseptoplasty and turbinectomy. Dr. Smith was honest during my consultation which, in my opinion lent to his credibility. I wanted to be clear about what would happen, what was possible, and what was realistic. Dr. Smith certainly did not over-promise but he did over-deliver! I felt very comfortable on the day of surgery, and he reviewed everything with me again beforehand to make sure we were aligned before operating. His staff followed-up after surgery to ensure all was going well which was appreciated and recovery went very smoothly. I am told that depends on technique (so make your own inferences there). Dr. Smith had me come in twice after surgery so he could monitor things, remove stitches/stents/cast, answer questions, and help clean out the nose. He spent good time doing these things which I found to be the value-add you're paying the "premium" for (on top of the years of experience and tenure in the field). That made me feel like he genuinely cared about me instead of rushing me through like a lot of docs do. He asks questions and gives honest answers even if he knows it's not what you want to hear. My results (what you're all waiting to hear about) are excellent. My breathing is much better, my sense of smell is so much clearer, and cosmetically my nose still looks natural, but a million times better than it did before. It actually turned out looking better than the mock-ups so I am very happy and would definitely recommend Dr. Smith if you're considering surgery.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr. Oakley Smith is one of the Best, He's very nice, but if you question him , he will answer but almost with a Question or time will tell, then ask him about the risks , very confident, which is good, but if he messes up, you'll never see him again, I know. Dr. Smith is one of the few Doctors that has a non refundable deposit? why? if you have to cancel for sickness or other things seems like your given the run around . Be careful

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

I had my surgery with Dr. Smith over two years ago today. For my entire life, my nose bothered me. It was something personal that I knew I wanted to eventually fix, even though friends and family told me over and over there was no need. After doing some research, Dr. Smith seemed to be what I was looking for in a Doctor - knowledgable, kind, and skilled in his profession. My initial consultation with him was more of a test for me....did I really want to go through with this or not. Before going to meet him, I was confident that I would confirm rhinoplasty was not for me, and would move on. After meeting him I knew I was in trouble. I fell in love with what he offered and soon after booked a second consultation. I could not be more pleased with the results. If you are looking for someone who will make you look your best, while remaining natural he is your guy. I put my complete trust in Dr. Smith and his staff and they more than exceeded my expectations. On top of the physical enhancement, my breathing is better than it has ever been before. The staff at the clinic are amazing too, and Beena replies to all emails quickly and friendly. Today is my last consult with the doctor and I can truly say I am sad - him and his team have been wonderful. He is humble, and his passion for whst he does is very evident. If you want the best, he is your doctor! I highly recommend Dr. Smith.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Well I have to tell you there are reviews in here that are false . I went to Dr.Smith about my nose , revision. First he is very nice and basically tells you he can fix it , likes challenges , I paid my consultation fee , then waited a few months as mine is functional and very minor cosmetic . Anyways I thought it should be covered under OHIP , so I wen to three other surgeons. All those doctors said it was functional and should be covered . Dr . Smith I felt was better so I booked another appointment . I had to wait 2 months but if I paid a consult fee I could get in sooner , so I figured I would well two weeks I was in his office , he looked and said yes to functional but there is cosmetic so he wants to charge me $10,000.00 . I asked if I paid could I get it back from OHIP. I said I had 3 other surgeons that said it was functional. He said he would review it and get back to me. Well six weeks went by and I phoned and was told Dr.Smith can't help me. Seems he's all about the money . I called Toronto East General and was told by my cousin who works there that he basically does Cosmetic , gets paid then bills OHIP , sounds not good , Dr.Smith first said he could help me then because I wanted OHIP turned me away. I'm going to the Media as I have his pre op papers and the other doctors notes saying it's functional . That's un fair to all of us who live in Ontario , he basically won't do the surgery unless I pay , you figure it out

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

I have been self-conscious about my nose since my teens; droopy and big. After a lot of time in front of the mirror I decided to research rhinoplasty. I discovered this surgery is only as good as the surgeon. I began my search for the best doctor. I researched online and compiled a list of doctors regarded as specialists in this field. To narrow it down I asked colleagues, medical professionals and people who had rhinoplasty. It was surprising just how freely people spoke about the subject. I made appointments with a few surgeons. Dr Smith was the only doctor who could explain why my nose looked a particular way, who could describe its shape and who could speak about what could and couldn’t done during the procedure which, ultimately, creates the final result. It was clear Dr Smith was the most knowledgeable, had a reassuring bedside manner, and behaved with complete professionalism. It’s a big deal to trust someone to operate on your face. I did my homework and Dr. Smith is that doctor. Dr Smith not only loves what he does, he also cares about his patients. My advice is to trust your nose to Dr Smith. It sure was the right decision for me.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Before surgery all I could think is everyone was looking at my nose. It was too big and droopy. Now a year later I hardly ever think about my nose!! It's like it has disappeared! I feel great!! cause people are now looking at me bot my nose. Thanks Dr Smith. You're the best!!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

I always wanted to improve my nose, and when I finally made the decision I knew which doctor I would select... Dr Oakley Smith! He's a phenomenal surgeon with unmatched skill. It is due to his superb skills that led to fantastic results with little recovery time. In terms of my rhinoplasty recovery, I followed his recommendations to the letter and only needed to take pain meds for a couple of days. Dr Smith has an artistic eye and knows natural beauty better than anyone. He drew my nose perfectly and showed me the changes he recommended. He strives to make you look your best, and won't do anything that looks unnatural or overly done. And that's the goal, to look your best! The service that his office provides is outstanding! From booking my consultation, to preparing for my surgery, to my surgical aftercare, the service has exceeded all of my expectations! Thank you Dr Smith! It's 4 months since my surgery, and I already love with the results! I would highly recommend Dr Oakey Smith to anyone interested in having cosmetic surgery. Simply put, you get what you pay for. The fact that he has such great reviews, speaks volumes about the quality of services provided by Dr Smith.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Dr Smith did good nose surgery on me. he fixed the other surgeons nistakes. I'm real happy cause I can breath and my nose isn't funny looking any more. I'm sorry for the person not happy below. I hope she gets better. He isn't just for money. I know he isn't cause he spends a lot of time with me. Doris

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Dr. Oakley Smith's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1982)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Smith has exceeded all my expectations. What impresses me the most is how much he cares. He has been attentive and patient in listening to my concerns and..."

May 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Smith is a pro. It's important not to under-estimate the value of experience, and quality of surgery and aftercare when deciding on a surgeon; I knew I had ..."

May 18, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Oakley Smith is one of the Best, He's very nice, but if you question him , he will answer but almost with a Question or time will tell, then ask him about ..."

May 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my surgery with Dr. Smith over two years ago today. For my entire life, my nose bothered me. It was something personal that I knew I wanted to eventually..."

May 9, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Well I have to tell you there are reviews in here that are false . I went to Dr.Smith about my nose , revision. First he is very nice and basically tells you he..."

May 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been self-conscious about my nose since my teens; droopy and big. After a lot of time in front of the mirror I decided to research rhinoplasty. I discove..."

May 3, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Before surgery all I could think is everyone was looking at my nose. It was too big and droopy. Now a year later I hardly ever think about my nose!! It's like i..."

April 30, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Results exceed my expectations, more than amazed. Very friendly and overall amazing Dr. "

April 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I always wanted to improve my nose, and when I finally made the decision I knew which doctor I would select... Dr Oakley Smith! He's a phenomenal surgeon with u..."

April 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Smith did good nose surgery on me. he fixed the other surgeons nistakes. I'm real happy cause I can breath and my nose isn't funny looking any more. I'm sor..."

April 23, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "this is a joke. all of his reviews are excellent??? he did my nose in 2013. I was unhappy with the result and he refused to adjust or refund me any money. He..."

April 22, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Okay after reading these last few reviews I think there are a lot that are fake. Why you ask? The fact someone said Dr Smith refused to take a big amount of mon..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Smith knows noses! I fell while jogging and split my nose open on a fire hydrant. They tried straightening my nose in emergency and it did help but a year on..."

April 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr Smith because of his reputation. I've had 3 nose jobs and each one made my nose worse! I was ready to pay just about anything to finally fix this a..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Commendable work Dr. Smith! Dr. Smith is an excellent revision rhinoplasty surgeon, and I am so very pleased and lucky to have had him perform a very difficult ..."

April 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Smith is a great surgeon. He's also down to earth without any fluff. He cared about me and tired his best. The same goes for his staff who are lovely and gen..."

April 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Smith is a gifted surgeon. He also has a bedside manner that blew me away. I think he has OCD! He was fixing little stuff about my nose id never really thoug..."

April 14, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so pleased with the result of my nose. I found Dr Smith very knowledgeable and he really prepared me for my surgery. I like his staff and the after surgery..."

April 13, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I think some of these reviews are probably put up by the office , he's nice but really expensive and after surgery doesn't follow you if there is an issue , see..."

April 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel guilty not to have left a comment as I chose Dr Smith from ratemds.com. he is a wizard with nose jobs! I look so much better now! I had my nose done in D..."

April 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Ive just been to my 6 month follow up visit. I just love my new nose! There's a lot of people talking about how Dr Smith fixed their bad nose job. Fixing other ..."

April 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic result!! Great surgeon and caring doctor. He was able to rescue my nose after 3 prior nose jobs. Yes 3 nose jobs!! The first was truly a botched job a..."

April 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Brilliant surgeon! I'm from St John and decided I wanted the best. Dr Smith is more expensive, even without the additional costs of travel, but my results were ..."

April 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Smith is a great surgeon! He’s professional but has a relaxed confident way about him. After my surgery my boss loved my new look and asked who my surgeon wa..."

March 31, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you want the very best, go to Dr Oakley Smith. He is very informative and explains everything in detail. He takes his time and gets it right. My operation wa..."

March 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Smith is the BEST! I love my nose! I wish I had done this years ago. He was more expensive but I figured it’s in the center of my face and I want it right th..."

March 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Oakley Smith is a true artist and an extremely gifted surgeon. I'M SO THRILLED WITH MY RESULTS!! :) I can not say enough good things about this doctor. I al..."

March 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Smith is very skilled, professional and caring. Excellent post op care as well."

March 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a revision rhinoplasty done and have nothing but great things to say about Dr. S. After two previous failed surgeries by other doctors, I was referred to ..."

March 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After considerable research I decided to go for a consult with Dr. Smith. I think it safe to say he is known to be the best plastic surgeon when it comes to nos..."

March 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr Smith fortunately by browsing on line. I had a consult with another surgeon and then went to see Dr Smith I sensed immediately that he was the best c..."

March 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "From my first phone call I knew that I chose the right office! I never liked my nose and even as a teenager I can remember avoiding hiding from the camera. Dr. ..."

March 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Oakley Smith was an amazing doctor! He helped me to be better and was very successful with his surgery with my nose. He is very caring and knows what he is ..."

March 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so grateful I chose Dr. Smith for my surgery. He really is a fantastic surgeon. Such a nice guy too! I can't speak highly enough about my experience with h..."

March 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a fantastic experience from start to finish with Dr. Smith. He is an amazing doctor, don't go anywhere else!"

March 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Smith because of my first nose job in Edmonton years back. It never looked good and my breathing had gotten worse and worse. My nose was pinched and my..."

February 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I met Dr. Smith at the urging of my best friend. A co-worker had rhinoplasty and a great result. He was informative and more so, he was not trying to sell like..."

February 28, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Smith is wonderful! My daughter had a very obvious bump on her nose. She was always self conscious but when she started college it got to the point that she ..."

February 15, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Smith and his staff were extremely helpful throughout the entire process. They took all of my inquiries post-surgery very seriously, and accommodated me wit..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Smith is very professional and went out of his way to patiently answer all my questions and concerns. I am very pleased with my new nose and would highly rec..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After many years of contemplating rhinoplasty and going to several consultations I knew Dr Smith was the right fit. He really took his time discussing the possi..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a bad experience with Dr. Oakley Smith. He performed Rhinoplasty on my nose about 3 years ago. I'm very unhappy with the results and when I explained to h..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Oakley Smith came highly recommended to me, and I'm so happy I went forward with the surgery. He is a skilled and talented surgeon. When I originally came..."

January 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had septo-rhinoplasty done by Dr. Smith 3 months ago. Dr. Smith was the first and the last doctor I consulted. What I liked about him is that he only focuse..."

December 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This doctor was an excellent clinician and always took the time to explain things carefully. Very thorough. "

December 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Smith is an incredible surgeon. He took his time with me during the consultation and the surgery and I have never been happier with my appearance. I know I ..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Ďjdjdkdjfjffkfdddkdkfjdjdajdmsmdkdddkdkdkdmddmdmdmdm"

December 1, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a rhinoplasty with Dr. Smith 3 years ago to remove a hump. I have always been very insecure about my nose and after months of research and a few consults,..."

November 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As a middle aged woman, I was somewhat hesitant about undergoing an extensive surgery such as a combined rhino/septoplasty. My first assurance was Dr. Smith's ..."

November 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I chose Dr. Smith after careful research on all Toronto surgeons who perform septoplasty, turbinate reduction and rhinoplasty. I had to wait a year for an appoi..."

November 4, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Oakley Smith is simply the best. He's honest with his evaluation and hands on throughout the process from the initial visit, surgery and follow up. I felt s..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Oakley Smith the best, most skilled surgeon around. In 2010 I had a HORRIFIC rhino with another surgeon in Brampton, when I tried to get my profile straight..."

October 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I spent about one year searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon to find the right one who I thought would be able to help me with my nose issue. I thought if I do no..."

September 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Without a doubt, Dr. Oakley Smith has truly changed my life. If you are reading this review and researching on who the best person will be to perform surgery on..."

September 2, 2015

August 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Smith is highly skilled and knowledgeable at what he does, I'm very happy with my rhinoplasty, (I had a shield graft put in to add definition) and the recov..."

July 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am extremely pleased with my results from my rhinoplasty with Dr. Smith. My nose is much more 'delicate' and smaller now, without going overboard and not loo..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If anyone is looking for a rhinoplasty surgeon, i highly recommend Dr. Smith. He is very knowledgable and I am very happy I chose him. My results are excellent ..."

June 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a Septo-rhinoplasty with Dr. Smith in August 2014. I am now 10 months post surgery and could not be happier with my results! Prior to meeting with Dr. Smi..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had a rhinoplasty with Dr. Smith in May 2014. He is very professional, caring and makes you feel very comfortable! I love my new nose and would continuously rec..."

June 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Oakley Smith is one of the best rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto. I searched for a doctor with his skill, knowledge and credentials for about two years befor..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It has been approximately 6 years since my surgery and I am still so pleased, and grateful that Dr. Oakley Smith was able to help me. I had a revision do to a b..."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Smith is simply wonderful. I went to see him for a revision rhinoplasty after I had lost trust in my previous Dr who totally messed up my nose and I couldn'..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went in for a opinion and consult with Dr smith and I from the bottom of my heart and soul would like to say thank you to Dr smith for such a wonderful Profes..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "From the bottom and the top and the middle of my heart I want to say THANK YOU Sir for my new nose! I'm very happy with the result. My nose looks exactly the sa..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I did a consult with Dr. Smith early 2015 and found him calm, knowledgeable, and patient. I asked him some follow up questions by email and went to see him at ..."

April 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "With all the respect to very few negative experiences I see here I honestly think he is the best rhinoplasty surgeon out there . His work speaks for itself . So..."

April 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is just a test. Test test test test test. Sorry if this wastes anyone's time. RateMDs should require login for reviewers."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a second revision rhinoplasty with Dr. Smith in August 2014. I was not happy with my first revision performed by another doctor in Toronto 6 years ago, wh..."

March 16, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a rhinoplasty with Dr. Smith about a year and a half ago. The initial consultation went great; he took his time, answered all my questions and seemed very..."

March 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Smith is a wonderful and skilled rhinoplasty surgeon. Let’s get right to the most important part of any nose job undertaking; the result. I am very happy ..."

February 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Since I found Dr. Smith via this website, I though it would only be appropriate that I also left a review for others to read. I had a fairly large hump on my no..."

February 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a crooked nose, it had a hump and the tip was a little too long and droopy. I thought about getting a rhinoplasty for a very long time - at least 10 years..."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Smith is a great surgeon! My revision nose job was about a year ago and I'm happy with the result. He was able to give me what I wanted, a small attractive n..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Smith was recommended by my BFF. She raved on and on over him. I had always been uncomfortable and very self-conscious about how large my nose was. After ca..."

December 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I saw several doctors (Asaria-too young)(Solomon-too rushed)(Rival-good) before going ahead. Dr Smith was the one we felt the most likely to be s..."

December 13, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I had surgery back in 2012 with Dr Smith regarding a deviated septum and non symmetrical nose. Dr smith assured me a 75%-80% chance of achieving my goals, which..."

December 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It has been nearly 2 years since Dr. Oakley Smith changed my life by performing my rhinoplasty surgery. His office is very welcoming, his receptionist is on poi..."

November 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Do yourself a favour if your in need of surgery on your nose make a appointment with Dr smith. I had my surgery June 03/14 and am very happy with the results. ..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It's now a year since my nose job and I love it! I went with Dr Smith because my best friend had a great looking nose by him. The recovery wasn't fun but I didn..."

November 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great result. The doctor listened to my problem, and applied appropriate treatment. A+"

November 6, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Really a terrible experience. Everything has gotten worse since surgery, including breathing and appearance"

October 31, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It has been just shy of a year since I had my rhinoplasty last fall with Dr. Oakley Smith. Hands down, very happy and satisfied with the results - trust me, you..."

September 21, 2014
  • Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "416.465.5795".

September 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Before the surgery my nose was large, pronounced, slightly down turned, and bulged out over the bridge. I didn't like the way I looked. I didn't look like the p..."

September 15, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Had a consultation with Dr. Smith. Felt very comfortable at the appointment, he did not rush and was open to all questions. Secretary was also nice. Combine..."

September 12, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Thank you Dr. Oakley Smith! Great results. Great breathing. Great Doctor. Worth the wait. Worth the pain."

September 10, 2014
  • Specialty changed from "Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)" to "Cosmetic / Plastic Surgeon"

October 8, 2013
  • Last Name changed from "Oakley" to "Smith", First Name changed from "Smith" to "Oakley"

April 27, 2013
  • combined ratings from Cosmetic / Plastic Surgeon listing (DID: 879114)

May 3, 2012