Dr. Oakley Smith

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Oakley Smith

Well I can tell you he’s all about the money , why , well a few years I visited him st his old place , bring from Barrie I thought I’d see him , my doctor sent a consult for function and cosmetic surgery, well I was told a year for my doctor, I called a cosmetic consultation and got in within 8 weeks, well I went and Dr. Smith said it was both, I did wait 2 hrs to see him, he’s nice , well at first he said he’d contact OHIP but said I’d have to pay first, he said he would send off to OHIP, well I did the surgery, saw him after to remove stitches, didn’t see any fellow so he must be making more money now , well at 6 months notice a collapsed valve , Dr. Smith said to wait a year which I did , he said the surgery would be free but a week after he said $5000.00 well I said no and went home , saw a different doctor who sent into OHIP and it was free , Dr Smith is good but all about money , priced by this other doctor who said that, Dr. Smith wants money even if he makes a mistake and I heard gets his employees and daughter to write reviews , Not Cool

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

My experience with Dr Smith and his team was a dream. I was attracted by his amazing reputation and the fact all he does is rhinoplasty. I discounted those comments by people upset they didn't see the doctor after surgery. Really? You want him there just to take out your stitches? Nurses do that! And youre complaining you got just a doctor! Maybe you want dr smith to take your photos too?! I liked the fact this doctor takes his time to make sure I understood what's possible and what's not. He's quite clear he doesn't want patients with unrealistic expectations. I liked that. I want to know what I'm likely going to look like after. If anything I felt I had more than enough information so I could make my decision. The office is efficient and runs smoothly. But since that's all they do, I'm not surprised. It's beautifully designed and dr smith has some of his paintings on the walls. My wait for the surgery was about 3 months which is shorter than the 6 months I waited to see him. I was a bit irritated but figured if you want the best, you have to wait. Surgery went smoothly. My recovery was as I was told to expect except for my breathing. A few weeks after my operation I noticed my left nostril was closed down. When I talked with Mandy I was told to come in and be checked out. It turns out I had a lump of healing inside my nose which dr smith removed right there and then and that was that! I was impressed by how this was handled so quickly and professionally. I'm happy with my nose now. It's much improved and I look better. If it's a nose job you'll look for, then he's your man!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

I had a revision rhinoplasty with Dr. Smith earlier this year. The whole experience was five stars. After my first rhinoplasty, with another surgeon, my nose was asymmetrical and oddly proportioned. I was swollen for months and was so nervous to try it again, once I'd finally gotten past the healing. When I finally decided to go for it, Dr. Smith was the only doctor I consulted with. He was very honest with me, as he sketched my nose, describing the challenges and telling me it would never be perfect. I trusted him, and I'm glad I did. The nose he gave me exceeded my expectations, and my healing period was so smooth. Within weeks, I was looking like a better version of myself, and the surgery seemed far behind me. I couldn't ask for better than that! Thank you, Dr. Smith!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

I had a rhinoplasty done by another doctor and got the most terrible results imaginable. I was desperate to see all the rhinoplasty experts in Toronto to get my nose fixed and Dr. Smith was at the top of my list. I was really looking forward to meeting him after reading all these positive reviews but my consultation did not go as planned. I saw him when I was only 6 months post primary and he insisted that the only way that he could give me a better looking nose is if he used filler right there and then. Thank god that I was at the consultation with a family member who told me that it was a bad idea and that we should leave. Looking back now, I am soooo happy I did not go through with the filler. He clearly was trying to make $3000 in the quickest way possible. Putting filler into an individual's nose 6 months after rhinoplasty is very dangerous and can delay and make a revision rhinoplasty more difficult. I do not understand why he would make such a terrible recommendation. In addition, I am in contact with a girl on realself who got completely butchered by Dr. Smith and is now living in hiding and is miserable. Please be very careful with this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

No more reminders of a vicious Rottweiler and a butchered face. No more hefty scar, no more obnoxious bump. Most importantly, i can f*cking breathe. This changed my life, thank you Oakley Smith. -Keyana

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

I had surgery with Dr. Smith on December 18, 2017 after my septorhinoplasty (with David Hacker) left me with a nose that did not function or look good. Hacker left me with many issues (I left a review on realself under the username moonshine for both Hacker and Dr. Smith) such as an inverted-v, midvault collapse, pinched tip, pollybeak, hanging columella, flared/retracted nostrils and more. I was very anxious and scared, all I wanted to do was correct my breathing (I didn't care about the look at this point). Dr Smith was patient and kind, he listened to all of my concerns and told me I experienced a trauma and it was normal to be so anxious. He never rushed me or pressured me to have anything done or book the surgery. After all the surgeons I saw, I knew that Dr. Smith was the only one that could help me. I booked my surgery and it was one that was expected to be 4.5-5.5 hours, with spreader grafts and grafts for the nose tip. I was lucky and it ended up being 3.5 hours (as there was barely any scarring, etc) and there was enough septal cartilage so a donor rib graft was not needed. I bled only until the morning following the surgery and experienced little to no pain, so I did not need to take any pain medication (To add on to this, Dr. Smith has patients take a couple of medications the night before the surgery, before the surgery and after to help with pain and swelling). Right after the surgery I could breathe and I was so happy, honestly I can't put it into words. I had my stitches and cast (no splints this time) removed that Friday (Dec 22) by his fellow who was so so kind, especially after the traumatic experience I had with Hacker being rough and essentially ripping the cast and splints off after my surgery with him. Dr. Smith saw me afterwards and answered any questions or concerns I had, he was happy with how the surgery went :). Honestly I cannot thank him enough. I was so concerned about just being able to breathe that I didn't really think about the look of my nose, but once I saw it I was so happy. Dr. Smith gave me a nose that not only can I breathe out of, but one that is gorgeous. It's more than I could have hoped for. I really don't know how to thank him honestly, he's given me my life back and I just, I don't know what to do or feel I'm so happy. Beena and Mandy were also very patient and kind, especially with how many mockups and questions I had. It was a completely different experience than the one I had with Hacker and I am so happy. Dr. Smith is a doctor that truly cares for his patients and has the skills to give you a beautiful and functional nose (whether it is a primary or revision surgery). Again, thank you so much Dr. Smith for giving me a beautiful and functional nose :)

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

I had surgery recently from Dr Smith. , Great guy , really good at what he does , paid $$$ lots but worth it even though some was breathing it was to cosmetic , I am mentioning this also saw his Felliw afterwards for first follow up which I felt well rather a bit upset , you pay all this money and I had to save a year , I figured he would see me , take cast and stitches out and take a look , his Fellow did this and I asked him questions which he couldn't answer that's my beef , it's good but now I have to wait 3 months which actually could have been answered if I saw Dr Smith , hey I know he's busy but if your paying for Surgery the Surgeon who did the Surgery should see you and see his work ? I think that's fair , mine is good but I'll ask him , feel sorry for the person below I hope they were taken care off and for the other person who said unrealistic? Really ? You pay for the Surgery, the Doc should be around

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

I came in from London for Dr Smith as I wanted the best surgeon for my nose. I wasn't disappointed. I'm several weeks since my operation and I can tell the results are great. Dr Smith is a kind and caring man. He is also gifted as a surgeon. I wasn't going to mention this but having read below I want to add I too was seen by this junior surgeon after surgery. This doctor took out my stitches and nose cast. I don't have a problem with this. Dr smith is in great demand. I had to wait 6 months to even see him! It's a bit unrealistic to expect him to be around on the weekend to just remove some stitches! Any way that's my opinion. I'm happy with my nose and in the end that's what really counts.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

I went to see Dr Smith recently to do a tough revision which he said he can do , took time to answer my questions and concerns. Was really nice , Took Photos, I read this last review? I hope I see Dr Smith for my follow up , I wouldn't want to see a fellow especially since I'm paying out of pocket , I'll have to ask the office about this. Dr Smith was upfront said it would never be perfect but could make it better so at least he's upfront, also a really nice Doctor, I plan on February to do my Surgery. I hope this other add is wrong about the follow up

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

I write this and I am shocked by all these positive reports , Dr Smith said he could help me , I trusted him , paid for the surgery , I was shocked with the follow up , No Dr Smith but his Fellow ? Why? The fellow said I have to wait 3 months to see him ? I thought since he did the surgery he would follow me ? Did the surgery and there are complications which his fellow gave me antibiotics but no follow up , only at 3 months, What do I do ? Help? Seems like he took my money and ran , all you positive reports if they are fake then that's really bad for the human race , I thought Doctors took an Oath ? Please someone help !

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr. Oakley Smith's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1982)