Ratings for Dr. Oakley Smith

Not a happy customer. I did not get why I want in terms of the shape of my nose and then he says if I want to get it right I have to pay again! This does not seem fair when I have already paid full pop for my first nose job. I have to pay again for what he could not deliver? Disappointed and I will pursue this further. Either he should return my money so I can go somewhere else or it should be done again but with the money driven attitude of this guy I don't even want to go through it again

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I found it odd also that I have to pay for functional nose surgery when ohip said they would pay for it. Something is not right here. It seems it's about the money with this guy.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr Smith is a very nice Doctor , I am scheduled for revision surgery , I'm hoping he can help as mine is both cosmetic and functional . I don't think people really know how important a nose is. Dr . Smith takes his time with you and that's why you wait, however the wait is worth as unlike other surgeons Dr Smith examines the nose and seems to know lots. I did my research and seen other doctors who want to do other things or they said leave it alone but it's my life and fixing this is functional and cosmetic , sure I have to pay but to help my life be better for my family I will. Dr Smith and his secretary Beena are really nice . I think I put myself in the best hands possible and I think Dr Smith really cares . You pay but with anything you get what you pay for , I'll let everyone knows how my surgery goes but I TRUST DR SMITH

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

Okay something here stinks , every time there is a bad rating , there becomes 3-5 great ratings within days ? Why? Well my story is I needed surgery functional , because it was functional I was put on the back burner ? When I said I would pay thinking cosmetic then try after to get OHIP to cover it , I moved up within weeks after paying $2000.00 deposit , when contacting OHIP they said why doesn't the doctor submit ? I said it seemed like I was getting the runaround by the secretary , when I paid I was tested by staff like gold but after the surgery which I need a revision I have to pay again $8500 for the first surgery which I know was functional , now a 2nd to fix and wants $11,000 , went to another good doctor who said its functional and got coverage thru OHIP , something has to be done , I live in Toronto , pay taxes etc but had to pay fir what ? To do another surgery ? Seems the office is about making money , if functional I got moved back where it could be a year? Had to also have the surgery at a private clinic ? Why not a hospital ? OHIP staff told me the doc and staff then protects themselves as far as cosmetic , watch within 2 weeks you'll see 5-6 great posts

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

Dr Smith is the best! Dont go anywhere else! My rhinoplasty turned out great and I can breath like never before. Thanks Dr Smith!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I found dr smith to be a lovely man. Seems genuine and caring. His office is beautifully decorated and my appts were on time. He took time to explain my options and drew pictures to illustrate things. There was no pressure to book my surgery. His staff were happy to answer my questions before and after my surgery. The surgery was easier than I had expected. I took pain pills for only 2 days. Removing the plastic tubes from my nose was unpleasant but again surprisingly not painful. My breathing is now normal and I sleep through the night. My new nose looks beautiful and my friends compliment me on how good I look! Not one person has realized I've had a nose job! I feel dsmith is a very skilled surgeon with a lot of experience and knowledge about rhinoplasty surgery. I feel lucky I found him and feel glad I chose him as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I had greatly damaged my nose and surrounding bone/tissue in a work place accident. After months of not being able to use my nose, waking up with dry mouth and overall discomfort I finally decided enough was enough. My wife recommended Dr.Smith as her friend had used him before and while I was very hesitant at first, I found myself very happy with our decision to move forward with reconstructive surgery. I felt very relieved to be treated as a person and not a paycheque. Dr.Smith also managed to diagnose that my headaches (which I had always suffered) stemmed from a previous injury likely high school soccer! The surgery went exactly as planned, I was very relieved after the recovery process was finished my nose and all its functions were better than I could remember! While I hope to never have to request his services again for myself, I would not hesitate to recommend him to any one. His work was instrumental in getting my daily life back together. THANK YOU DR.SMITH!!!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Horrible experience: never really explained my options, decided for the simplest procedure without checking with me. Doesn't talk, doesn't explain.... Never on time. For my last visit I had to wait more than 1 hour over my scheduled time. During this time he was laughing with a woman in his office. Although I told him about my anxiety related to having the nose fully obstructed, he placed not only the splints but tons of packing as well. And he tied everything on the outside using a large piece of gauze right on my upper lip. And then it took him 10 days before he removed everything. I could not leave my house at all during this time. He just scrapped the septum, placed a PDS plate inside (for which I paid an extra $400), and stuffed all that in my nose, hoping that my deviated septum will just straighten. It did not. Actually, for the first 6-7 months, before the plate dissolved, it was much worse. A complete waste of time, money and a lot of discomfort. I just had a revision septo/rhinoplasty with rib cartilage graft yesterday with Dr. Jamil Asaria. Night and day difference. He did not put anything in the nose, just the outside cast. The whole experience totally different. I will leave a review for Dr Asaria, but in reference to Dr Smith, my advice is avoid him if you can.

Submitted March 4, 2017

I am very happy with my results. I found it hard to make a decision on who to go to. Dr Smith is honest and caring and I think his artistic ability helped.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Never felt rushed even once to make a decision. Discussing my surgery felt as if I were discussing an art piece or a song. Dr. Oakley Smith has a very sophisticated approach to what he does. His knowledge is also comforting, and I feel as if I have learned a lot from our discussions. The results were fantastic, and the change is beyond phenomenal. I would recommend this doctor to anyone seeking rhinoplasty and/or to fix a deviated septum. Beena and Mandy are also very helpful and pleasant.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr. Oakley Smith's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1982)

• BCBS Massachusetts