Ratings for Dr. Oakley Smith

Everything about my experience was great! The staff were extremely welcoming and knowledgeable about the process from the schedule coordination to the pre-op visit to my post-op visits. Dr. Oakley Smith was amazing. He listens and makes you feel like you are his only patient. He was thorough with his explanation of his surgical plan to ensure my expectations were understood. I felt extremely comfortable with my decision to choose him as my surgeon. He goes above and beyond to check in with you after surgery. I love my results and would recommend him to anyone who was considering plastic surgery. I couldn't be happier! This surgery has given me more confidence in my appearance, specifically my profile.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I was just told today that I have a perfect nose by someone who doesn't know I had revision rhinoplasty six months ago. It is even more extraordinary for the fact that this was a revision. The first surgeon took out the hump but my nose was too flat and there was a lot of nostril showing. Dr Smith made my nose straight by using septum cartilage. He also reduced the size of the nostrils and the tip. I am very happy with the result which shows real artistry. Just a few words on his staff. They and Dr Smith answered all my many questions before surgery. I was also recommended an excellent nurse to stay with me as I was an out of town patient.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

i am very skeptical about the reviews on this surgeon. I overpaid for surgery and I feel that I did not receive what was promised. He is nice enough in the beginning before payment, but afterwards, I was told to wait to see the results. it has been over 18 months now and I am not impressed with the results and I have a very rounded tip but I wanted a narrower tip to my nose. plus, he wants me to pay again for the touch up surgery which I do not think is fair given that I did not receive what I wanted and paid for in the first operation. I am going to the college of physicians and surgeons of Ontario to see if they can have him refund my money. beware of false promises

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I had a great experience with Dr. Smith, and the rest of the Smith staff. After interviewing several other plastic surgeons and ENT's I am convinced there is no one I would trust more or rather have performing my procedures than Dr. Smith. I had a revision rhinoplasty and and very thrilled with the results. Dr. Smith is a phenomenal plastic surgeon with unequaled training and experience. He is a perfectionist with a truly beautiful sense of artistry and takes great pride in doing his absolute best work for every patient. Dr. Smith is also kind, compassionate he also took his time to to answer all my questions and to explain the expected results. Dr. Smith and the excellent quality of results that he achieves are definitely worth spending a little more money and the wait.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Beware , I had revision surgery and prior to the Surgery Dr Smith said he could help , paid the $2000.00 deposit , then 10,000 within the month , he said he would put rib cartilage to help , my nose was wide , well woke up , he butchered it , too many of these positive reviews are fake however nothing anyone can do about it . He's all about the money as mine was functional and he said he would write OHIP but I had to pay upfront , well that never happened, I lost my Money , he butchered it and I had to go to John Hopkins in the states , paid 12,000 US with the stay and the doctor fixed it , said dr Smith only put in a small amount of Rib , not enough, well in Canada you can't sue , I wish I could however the Doctor in the states fixed it . The doctor said Dr Smith was not a vet good surgeon by his work but also said these type of Doctors pray on people and use social media to pump themselves up! Well a year had gone by and thanks to the US Doctor. Dr Smith is all about money and really doesn't care , too bad as he seems nice

Submitted June 4, 2017

My story is i had a big thick wide nose with a bump which i hated. actually i hated all my nose! so after much research i decided on dr smith as my surgeon. my surgery was 4 years ago and it all went well. my nose was smaller but my bridge remained wide. my bump was gone and my tip was more defined. dr smith tried shots but the bridge never thinned down. i was okay with the result cause it was for sure an imporvement, but i didnt love my nose. i just didnt hate it anymore. my family and friends all said my nose was better and they liked the it. but as time when on i just wanted more. we talked about it as dr smith wanted to keep seeing me. when it was clear to dr smith further shots werent going to help i asked him to do more surgery. he said yes that was an option. he thought there was a good chance to make it narrower. he couldnt promise anything but the chances were good. i trusted him cause he had done a good job the first time and he wanted me to be happy. i paid for the revision but not as much as the first time cause dr smith gave me a break. that was a year ago. am i glad i went ahead! he was able to narrow my bridge plus give me a little more curve and a more refined tip. the last two changes were happy surprises! dr smith had warned me not to get my hopes up cause of my thick skin. i was lucky he said. i think i'm lucky cause he was my surgeon. dr smith really tries to help and like he says, he wants happy patients. well i'm one of his happy patients! i got a better nose the first time and now i've got an even better nose. now i really love my nose. thanks dr smith. you really are the best!!!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr. Smith performed my septoplasty and cosmetic rhinoplasty procedures. The results by far exceeded my expectations. I had minimal bruising and swelling. Dr Smith and staff was always available to answer any questions and concerns, both before and after the surgery. The facility was top notch and made me feel safe, Dr. Smith was thourough and honest and has an artistic eye. My breathing has improved and I no longer wake up from snoring. I think my results are natural and suit my face. Dr Smith explained how each person heals diffently and the probabilities of how it would turn out. He said some noses are more difficult then others. I would recommend doing your research but I believe Dr. Smith is the top Rhinoplasty surgeon in Canada. I see some posts have a different view and say disparaging things like his reviews are manufactured , I can guarantee that I am a real person and love my nose.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

I am writing this review as a warning to others contemplating having surgery performed by Dr. Oakley Smith: Don't go to this doctor for revision nose surgery at all! I was beguiled by all of the overwhelmingly positive reviews for Dr. Oakley Smith on this particular web site, but the truth is, most of the positive reviews for this ears, nose, and throat doctor are probably completely fabricated, as they are most likely composed by a team of public relations writers. Other people who have posted comments on this web site have also noticed that the reviews for Dr. Oakley Smith are probably fake, since every time that a negative review is posted about Dr. Oakley Smith, there are suddenly eight or nine brand new positive reviews posted in the subsequent few days. The fact that eight or nine positive reviews for Dr. Oakley Smith suddenly appear on this web site within a few days of a negative review being posted about him, is an unequivocal indication that he reads these reviews and immediately contacts his public relations people to fabricate several positive reviews in order to counter the negative reviews. There is no possible way that in such a short period of time so many positive reviews for a doctor would suddenly appear on this web site; simply look at the dates of the positive reviews for Dr. Oakley Smith, as they are all posted within a few days of the negative reviews. Dr. Oakley Smith performed revision rhinoplasty and otoplasty on me approximately 18 months ago, and my nose is now roughly twice as wide as it was prior to the surgery, and it is also more crooked than it was prior to the surgery. Consequently, I essentially paid Dr. Oakley Smith $20,000 to widen my nose as much as possible, and make it more crooked than it was before the surgery! In reality, though, I had asked Dr. Oakley Smith to make my nose more straight and as small as possible, without it appearing that plastic surgery had been performed. I have also noticed that other people who have posted negative comments on this web site about Dr. Oakley Smith's surgical skills seem to all concur that he has a propensity to widen people's noses! As well, other comments on this particular web site indicate that Dr. Oakley Smith is not honest, and I tend to agree with them, since he told me after I had the cast removed from my nose that the surgery he performed resulted in me attaining all of the results that I had requested of him. In reality, practically none of the results of my rhinoplasty performed by Dr. Oakley Smith were achieved, with the exception of a small indentation on the top part of my nose is now no longer visible. I now can't wait to read all of the positive reviews about Dr. Oakley Smith that will soon be posted on this web site in the next few days! In summation, I am extremely disappointed with the results of Dr. Oakley Smith's revision rhinoplasty, especially for the amount of money that I paid this doctor to perform the operation!

Submitted May 26, 2017

Great guy! Really knows his stuff. Tons of experience. Very relaxed and friendly. He tells it like it is. Doesn't give you the moon and the stars. Explains what's easy and what's tough. I was impressed with his realistic attitude. Perhaps he undersells and then over delivers? My breathing is now normal. I don't even think about it anymore. As for the look, it's better than I expected. Very masculine and strong. He sure has my vote. I wouldn't recommend going anywhere else.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Dr Smith is amazing! I love my nose!!! I can breath better too. He succeeded where the other doctor didn't. My first surgery didn't go well and I couldn't breath after. Big problem. It was bad. I couldn't sleep and was mouth breathing all day. Dr smith fixed all that. Plus he make my nose look good. The first surgery made my nose worse looking. Yes worse! The doctor keep saying it looked great. But it wasn't. So I did what I should have done the first time which is research. I came up with dr smith. I'm real happy I did. He was able to correct all the problems. He's the best! Go see him and u will see!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Dr. Oakley Smith's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1982)