Dr. Oakley Smith

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Oakley Smith

Great doctor and great surgeon! Professional but funny and warm. Clearly like what he does. He's more expensive than others but when someone is messing with your face I'm okay with spending the extra money! All he does is nose jobs. I like that. For me it means he's got to be good and he's busy or he'd be doing other things too.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Thank goodness I did my research!!! I am so impressed with dr Smith knowledge and expertise. He tells it like it is. I am very happy with my results. I like that my nose still suits my face, just a better nose then my original.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I went with Dr Oakley because noses is all he does. I figured he must be the best if he is only doing one thing! He was more expensive which I found was also reassuring. Also it took months to get to see him. My surgery went well. His office prepares you so there isn't surprises. I was back to my life after 2 weeks. I would recommend him for rhinoplasty surgery. Thank you Dr Oakley Smith.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

This doctor is the best of the best. I had been messed up by my own fault. My baby cracked my nose 10 days after my first nose job.! I actually heard it. She head butted me while I held her! It made my heart sick. We had to wait a year and then my doctor tried to repair it. Although he did his best a hole formed and my nose fell in. I looked like a boxer! I was then referred to Dr Smith. I was told if anyone can fix it he could. He wasn't reassuring but we went ahead. He used rib cartilage from someone else and took 5 hours to remake my nose. I had such crusts to close off my nose! But now 2 years later I don't. Without these crusts I can freely breathe! Even though Dr Smith told me I was shocked how long it took to heal up. He was right although I started to doubt him. So if you get reconstruction of the nose be prepared for a long before things are settled. It's one of the reasons I like Dr Smith. There's no sugar coating. He tells you the way it is. You can like it or not. A couple of times I've talked about my surgery people have agreed he's the best. He deserves the outstanding reputation he has. Thank you Dr Smith. You are the best.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

Definitely one of our top very skilled ENT surgeons in this Country. I had a Septoplasty done in 2014 for a rare hole which had developed from trauma and over use of certain nose decongestants. I had a very complicated surgery by a surgeon in Los Angeles to close that hole. I suffered for over 2 years after as a result of that surgery, and I could hardly breath through the nose. As a result i became anxious and discombobulated most of the time and it affected my sleep as well. I was referred to Dr. Smith by another well know and skiiled surgeon Dr. Raph Gilbert. I liked how Dr. Smith presented to me from the beginning. He agreed to take on this previously botched up surgery and he did a complete revision surgery for 8 hours as he takes his time and is very meticulous. I have to say this doctor saved my life and i am grateful to him. He did say it was the hardest surgery he has ever done as he does close to 200 surgeries a year, but he succeeded in helping me breath properly, and my nose looks way better ascetically now too, as it had dropped from the last surgery. I have seen so many Ent surgeons over the years, but this guy is excellent. Its been 17 months since the surgery and i am very happy with his results. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

I had nose surgery with Dr Smith over a year ago. I wanted to wait till I was healed before leaving my comments. I know a little about rhinoplasty as this was my third procedure. It takes many months to see the final result. When I compare my experiences I've learned a few things. First of all you get what you pay for. At least I did. Second it's important to research before committing to undergo the knife. Thirdly the ability and skill varies among surgeons. Finally if all the cosmetic surgeries done nose surgery is the most difficult. I found Dr Smith to be experienced, skilled, expensive and caring. In my case he would have been cheaper if I had my surgery by him in the first place. That would be my advice to readers. Unfortunately there's no guarantee with surgery, but the chances are better with this doctor I feel.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I suffered a serious accident about a year ago that completely crushed my nose so both extensive cosmetic and structural work had to be done for a successful reconstruction. During the year between my accident and my surgery, I could barely breath through my nose, preventing me from getting a good night's sleep. Dr. Smith rebuilt my nose with donor rib. The surgery took 5.5h. Unlike other surgeons, Dr. Smith also prescribed me with an array of medication to take pre and post surgery to reduce swelling and nausea, which was extremely helpful. Now that I can breath, I feel like I have a new lease on life. All the office staff is extremely courteous and knowledgeable, and Dr. Smith has an incredible bedside manner. His sincerity and skill are unparalleled.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

This review is a bit overdue but I'm so pleased with results I had to follow up. From the moment I met Dr Oakley I knew I was in good hands. The reviews + before/after pictures left me feeling confident about end result but it was his down to earth expertise that made me feel comfortable right from the get go. He explained everything thoroughly and gave me realistic outcome expectations. I was SO scared to go under, I've never even had a cavity restored :( but his positivity, his professionalism, and his confidence in his work was extremely comforting and reassuring. The procedure has changed my life, I can breathe! I'm so grateful for all that he's done. Price tag and wait time were well worth it!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Dr. Smith and his staff are excellent. I wanted the best surgeon around as this is a very complicated procedure. I do not regret my decision to go with Dr. Smith for my surgery. He did a great job. The staff are very quick to respond to your questions and there is never a long wait to get into your scheduled appointment.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I think Dr Smith is the best rhinoplasty surgeon anywhere. I traveled from Amsterdam because he was the one I wanted. After my first experience I wanted the best because I said to myself I'm only doing this one more time. I could of stayed here or just as easily done to the states. Instead I chose toronto. I was not disappointed. This surgeon knows rhinoplasty. He could answer all my questions and when he couldnt actually said so.I received great care while I was in toronto. After surgery visits are an issue have been by Skype and a colleague of Dr Smith near here. But by far the best thing is I can breath okay and my nose looks good. He fixed the mess and made it better than what I had. I am so glad I found him. If you need the best then it is worth making the trip to go to him.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr. Oakley Smith's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1982)