Ratings for Dr. Oakley Smith

First let me say Dr. Smith is very smart, had a student there and showed the student my issue, I needed a Tip reconstruction and cartilage at the front of my nose,the front part of the septum Dr. Smith said. When asking questions he was kind and friendly but always answered i never with a straight answer. i asked him about why the $2000.00 non refundable deposit, I asked if you had to postpone it if you were sick, didn't reply only to ask his assistant who said it was non refundable. I never did get an answer. the cost of surgery was $17,000.00? that much, he said he had to take Rib , maybe ear but thought the rib is better. I asked about the outcome,very confident, this was my 3rd revision. I did go see two others, they were cheaper and well rated, they also had no deposit or if so it was refundable and said they could try to get some covered. when I asked Dr.Smith , he said he doesn't do that? Seems a lot of these reviews are fake when you research IP address.....Hmmmmm? well I haven't decided , but if Dr. Smith is that good why isn't there more about him across Canada ?

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I needed revision surgery for a deviated septum. It was important for me to have the correction done to improve my breathing and aesthetics of my nose, however, I didn’t want to look different, if that makes sense -which it did for Dr. Smith. I was very pleased with the entire process. Over the course of 5yrs, I met with 3 different surgeons before meeting Dr Smith. It took so long because I only wanted to meet with surgeons that were referred to me by people I knew who had similar procedures done. I hadn’t met any of Dr Smith’s patients before meeting him. He was actually referred to me by the 3rd surgeon I saw. This surgeon was very confident that Dr Smith would be able to help me. My consultation with Dr Smith was very different than my previous consultations with the 3 other surgeons. He took his time listening to me, looking at pictures of my parents. He answered my questions before I could even ask them. He understood what I was looking for. He was honest and straight forward on what was possible and to what specific percentages of risks, possibilities, corrections and improvements etc. He drew up sketches of my face, nose and profile and addressed each concern of mine with sketches and words, which made it very easy for me to understand, as a visual and auditory learner. He explained the process and was very confident and knowledgeable, which made me feel at ease. He is very approachable and easy to talk to. In fact, everyone in his office was wonderful, warm and inviting. The procedure itself went great. I was one of the unlikely few who swallowed a lot of blood so except for the nausea, I didn’t feel much pain post-surgery, only a slight discomfort which eased once the stints were removed. I reduced the dose of pain killers the 2nd day and didn’t have to take any by the fourth day. I was even able to go out in public by the fourth day. I had a mute sense of smell prior to the surgery but about a week post-surgery, I was gaining it back. It was a surprising bonus. As for the results, I am impressed my nose is perfect. Every issue that I wanted addressed has been corrected. I can’t say I didn’t have any doubts that I would be happy as I knew there were risks since this surgery was a revision. Despite the risks, which Dr. Smith discussed with me, he was able to achieve exactly what we were hoping for. When I was a child, I was bullied and beat up which caused the breathing difficulty and changed the appearance of my nose. Every time I looked in the mirror, it didn’t feel like I was looking at a reflection of myself. I was reminded of an unpleasant time. Emotionally, I had moved on but physically I was still holding on but now that the surgery is done, when I look in the mirror, I don’t think about the surgery or the bullying. I see myself just as I should be. I am extremely grateful to Dr. Smith for helping me look the way I feel. I could continue talking about how experienced and amazing Dr. Smith and his staff are, but I don’t need to. It will be apparent from your first call to his office.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I knew as soon as the cast came off a week after my nose job that Dr Smith had done an amazing job! As the weeks went on my nose got better and better. The last area to settle was my tip. That took about 4 months to narrow. Now I'm in love with my new nose! Dr Smith is a miracle worker in addition to being a genuinely good person.He deserves the great reviews he has! Dr Smith is the best nose doctor around!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Dr Smith is a wonderful doctor. My confidence has had a 100% boost. I know I look way better and I love my face now. I had a job nose half a year ago and I look great! My nose fits my face and is 100% natural. He's done a great job! I recommend everyone to go see Dr Smith. He's a very talented surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

Great doctor! Totally fixed my nose from embarrassing to beautiful. I have no fear of cameras! One of the best things I've done for myself. He's the best! For me he delivered big time!!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

My experience with Dr Smith was excellent. He's very knowledgeable about noses and nose jobs. From start to finish the process was easy and and I was made comfortable throughout. Questions after surgery were answered and I was seen twice for unscheduled appts when Dr Smith felt he needed to check something about my healing. I'm over a year since my rhinoplasty and he says there wont be much further changes which I'm okay with as I love my nose now. I strongly recommend Dr Smith for anyone looking for a good rhinoplasty surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

My results were excellent. Dr Smith made sure I knew what degree of improvement I should expect. He also gave the likelihood of getting these improvements. Then he went ahead and managed to make my nose even better than he had said to expect! It's always nice to get more than you're expecting! I'm very happy with my new nose. Thank you Dr Smith!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Corrected my deviated septum and fracture, but also gave me a more subtle, feminine profile. He takes his time and makes you feel extremely comfortable. He is a wonderful man.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Dr Smith saved my nose! I had bad surgery several years ago followed by an unsuccessful repair job that failed. I had resigned myself to living with this blob on my face until I found Dr Smith. Although I was skeptical, I felt he knew what he was doing plus he was very honest in what he felt could be done, so I went ahead. It was the best thing I'd done in years! My nose now looks normal and works great! Thank you Dr Smith. You're the best.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Fantastic result! Dr Smith is a very skilled surgeon and a great doctor. I can't imagine my surgery being better. I recommend him to anyone interested in rhinoplasty.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Dr. Oakley Smith's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1982)