Ratings for Dr. Raymond Sawkiw

Yes, to get an appointment is to be scheduled in months. Also, when waiting in the office, it takes an extremely long time. This is because he listens to his patients. When you get the chance to meet with him in his office he is not only helpful and knowledgeable, he listens to every concern you have. You will never feel rushed or helpless when talking to this man. Many doctors have a rule in place: one problem per appointment, because they bill OHIP by appointment. I came to him for multiple issues I was having including my anxiety, and he related to me telling me that he used to get very stressed about all the people waiting in his office, and he had to go see someone to learn how to deal with that. He assured me there was no harm in getting extra help when you need it by personal experience. Best doctor.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Wait times are always ridiculous. The staff are most unhelpful and often rude. The phone hours are ridiculous and lines are often busy. He has far too many clients to operate efficiently. I've had issues with patient confidentiality (computer with previous patient records left open nearly every time I come in). I've also had issues with follow up of medical conditions and tests. He is very kind and his bedside manners are excellent, but overall the service he and his team provide is far below my expectations of what a family physician should be.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Been my doctor for 35 years!! Compassionate...reliable and just an all around wondeeful man! Bsst doctor ever!! (Put aside those dredful wait times)

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Takes over 2 months to see him, at least one hour in the waiting room. Was not helpful for me at all.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

I have been with him since he became a doctor! He was definitely the best, but lately, he is slipping, he should consider retiring! It's almost impossible to get an appointment, unless you want to wait months, l have left messages with Simone who was to talk to him and get back to me, never happened! Just today, I had an appointment for Monday, Oct 30th 2017, had a message, my appointment is cancelled because of meetings, re-scheduled for February 2018!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Best family doc in Sudbury hands down. Sometimes you have to wait but it it's only because Dr Sawkiw will give the you need for your healing. Very well respected in the medical community.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr Sawkiw has been my Dr. Since 1989. His waiting room is full & the wait is often long. I go In prepared with something to read or crossword puzzles because once it's my turn the time with him & his medical help is worth it. He has sent me on to Specialist when the need was there. He has great 'bedside manners

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Ray is the best of the best. I owe him my life twice over.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Went to him for an after our clinic, i usually get high anxiety with male doctors, but he was super nice and made me feel comfortable. I would def recommend him!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Dr. Sawkiw is the best considerate doctor! He takes the time with his patients, leaving some to wait to see him, but well worth the wait! Bring a book with you is all....

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016