Ratings for Dr. Steven Steinberg

After 40 years, 7 deep adbominal surgeries, and a plethora of some of the world's best specialists, i'd still vote Dr Steinberg to care for me. He's straight forward, curious, thorough, and human. I love this man for being my champion and advocate, and I will sorely miss him when he retires. Kathy is also straigh forward, and deals with some very sketchy people on a daily basis, and I respect her for it. The community as a whole is lucky this office is still here and helping.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Keeping in mine kathys husband died very recently. Cut her some slack your cowards... Don't forget to leave your full names.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I think he is approaching retirement but he is the finest doctor I ever had.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I wish to thank Dr Steinberg and his staff for all the help they showed me after my strokes 7 or 8 years ago! I am " growing out of them" fairly well and much is in thanks to you all!😊👍🙏

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

Very happy with his care. The last two reviewers seem to have a huge axe to grind. Dr Steinberg is a caring compassionate physician who has helped my family considerably. Thank you Dr S.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

His staff is archaic , his methods are rough and his temperment is worse, want a good doctor, under any other circumstances i'd recommend steven, that is the other circumstance being every doctor in the northern Ontario region is currently unavailable. Got the flu? hows 3 months from now for an appointment sound? Got to talk to the doctor because he continuously forgets to leave refills on your prescriptions? dont you worry! you've got that troll sitting behind the glass , thankfully it is quite thick and shes usually distracted by completely ignoring the waiting room. Your wait period lets see, if you have an appointment at lets say 10:40 you'll be seen probably within an hour or so, you can approach the troll but be sure to listen to her every word or she'll just blankly stare at her monitor and ignore you until the doctor is ready to see you. Steven steinburg is like doctor house without the medical knowledge and team to back him up , he lacks empathy, understanding and thinks that everyone in north bay is an addict, he'll leave the room consistently barely look at your file and shuffle off a few more pills, as that solves the problem not actually being a diagnostician, listening to the concerns of your patients and actually providing the services you swore the hippocratic oath to protect.

Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. Steinberg, although he has his moments, was a great doctor for the 16 years I had him. However towards the end I had many negative experiences with him, my opinion of his work ethic has not changed. He always researched the medicine he placed me on, and always had his big-book-of-knowledge ready for when we had to talk about my condition. Kind and thorough, he sent me to the right people. Towards the end things started to get bad as his health declined for a while and every time I saw him he wasn't the happy, kind, optimistic doctor he usually is. That being said, I do believe its time for his retirement, and that the man surely deserves it for being such a hard working doctor. His secretary on the other hand is a tough nut to crack, but I suppose she has to be with working the phones and counter. If you give her respect and acknowledge her when you walk in, she'll usually do the same. If you don't catch her on a bad day, that is! Haha.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

Amazing Dr !!! I would not be here Thanks to him I am Living a good and Healthy Life :) Gee I think Cathy smiled or maybe not :)

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

A very calm man. Helps me a lot more than my previous Doc. Seems to spend enough time with me and does seem concerned. The only problem I have with him is he's nearly impossible to see. He just came back from a 3 month absence and when I seen him last, he referred me to another doc. After two weeks of waiting for a call for an appointment time, I called this other doc and he's gone till April 30th. When you have a doctor yet find you're using the clinic and emerg as others without doctors do, something's wrong.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

Dr. Steinberg was my family physician for 16 years. I moved to Ottawa six years ago and have yet to meet another professional like him. He is the BEST doctor I have ever had.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010