Ratings for Dr. Nirmala D. Sanakkayala

I stopped going to Dr. S. after the following issues: 1) her main receptionist Maggie was always brusque/hard to intr with. 2) really long waits at the office for each appt, staff usually try to explain it away with "dr. had an emergency" but that can't be the case every single time 3) Dr. S kept ordering repeat PAPs w/o full explanation for why, other than "undeterminant cells" which my new GYN dr said there should not be repeats every 3-6 months, after 1 repeat and/or colposcopy revealed it's all normal. I really felt that Dr. S was ordering endless repeat PAPs to boost her revenue! 4) She ordered me to go for an untrasound exam supposedly to check about fibroids or other issues, I never heard ANY info/results from her or her staff after the ultrasound. Assuming that the test results were all normal, don't you think the dr/office should let the patient know the outcome? I find that the whole office was ran very unprofessionally, and there were many questionable practices at the office.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Extremely thorough, efficient, and compassionate doctor. Been with her for 20+ years. Never had a negative experience.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2012

She has been my doctor for fifteen years. She delivered my daughter. I would recommend her to any woman. I even sent my mother to her. She is compassionate, caring and tough. She is highly knowledgeable and a wonderful woman. She is an example of what many doctors nowadays are lacking.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

I've been with Dr. S for 8 years. I haven't had any problems with her. We've been through a lot. She found a cyst and sent me for an ultra sound where nothing came up wrong. She always asks me (probably because I'm young and unmarried) if I'm using birth control, etc. <break> I wish the intake area was a little more private. Otherwise, I'll keep using her. Right now we are looking into potential low estrogen. These are scary things for me, but she's sending me for blood tests and took some fear out of a potentially life changing status. Who else can say in one breath that you may have trouble having kids one day but it will be okay....I actually felt okay. I would recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

I can't remember the year of my last visit to Dr. S but I do remember I was the last appt. of the morning. After they put me in a room and had me put on the paper gown I heard the receptionist taking lunch orders. I patiently waited for my turn. When I heard the pizza man make the delivery and heard the chatter coming from the doctors office a few doors down, I knew they had no clue I was there. I enjoyed sticking my head into their office and seeing the look of shock on their faces. I will never return to Dr. S. office.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

I was told if anything irregular showed up in my pap smear, I would be contacted immediately & have it explained. Just when I thought I was in the clear, I get a LETTER IN THE MAIL with a prescription and NO EXPLANATION of what it was for. I had to decipher the messy handwriting and use google as well as the knowledge of my pharmacist to find out what the medication was and what it was for because by the time I got home and read the mail, her office was closed!! This lack of professionalism and etiquette is the reason I will not be back.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

This DR is very thorough in explanation and friendly too. My friend travels 35 miles to see this DR. I would recommend her to evey women i know.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2008

I think she is a very good doctor. I have been with her for almost ten years now and she is very knowledgeable and caring. The woman who wrote the negative comments is bitter.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2007

very good doctor. patient and knowledgable and extremely well informed. the woman below this comment is bitter.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2007

Her bed side manners were lacking in compassion, understanding and empathy. She was my doctor for two years and failed to recognize a condition that had been apparent for years (as per my new doctor). Not only was it not properly diagnosed, when it was located, she provided me with some inaccurate and incomplete information. I had done my own research, and located a doctor who was compassionate to my worries, knowledgable with my condition and patient with my questions.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2007

Dr. Nirmala D. Sanakkayala's Credentials

• Guntur Med Coll, Univ Of Hlth Sci, Guntur, Ap, India (Grad. 1970)

Delta Dental