Ratings for Dr. Ian M. Purcell

Dr. Purcell has got to be the most careig, nicest Dr. I have EVER met! He genuanly cares about his patients! He has cure everyone I have sent from Vertigo including my hubby. I recomend him 100%!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Very bright and compassionate doctor and caring staff.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Dr. Purcell is awesome. He will spend all the it takes for you to understand what he is saying. There is never a wait and his staff is incredible. I can't say enough good things about him.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Brilliant doctor, one-of-a-kind from his bedside manner to his knowledge of his field.just amazing.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I saw 3 other doctors here in San Diego and they told me there was nothing wrong with me. I had bad vertigo every time I laid down in bed foe the last year. Dr Purcell fixed me with his vertigo chair and finally I have my life back. Overall he is the one who understands vertigo.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Wonderful office the pa and assistamt I saw were spot on hendric caught a mistake with another diagnosis and now I feel 100%

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

I would recommend seeing Dr Purcell. My experience with Purcell itself was so so however the treatment I received was amazing. It worked. The guy that treated me on the I call it loopy chair explained things in a way I could understand and felt safe using it. Hendricks was courteous and knowledgeable and most of all patient. The front office girls are always helpful when I call in and are patient with me while I figure my schedule out. Brenna used to see me but now I'm with another provider there and she is just as good. Dizzy? Go here.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Very aggressive doc that forces you to go his way. Some of his prescription drug practices are questionable - pricey drugs are ordered on your behalf

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

Our adult son suffered acute vertigo and headaches. He saw some of the best known specialists in the area and since they could not find the problem, insisted there wasn't one. Upon hearing of Dr. Purcell, we had to battle to get authorization for an "out of plan" referral. After months of tests and little hope, Dr. Purcell assured us that something was physically wrong and that it would be found. He determined that our son had Superior Canal Dehisence Syndrome, a conditon that was only discovered in 1995 by researchers at Johns Hopkins. With the help and encouragement of Dr. Purcell, we were able to again go "out of plan" and fly to Baltimore where we met and our son was examined by the doctor who discovered the condition. After two cranial surgeries over the course of 12 months and another year or so to heal and adjust our son has resumed a normal life without constant vertigo. In every way, Dr. Ian Purcell was light years ahead of the other specialists we saw and a great guy!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

I was diagnosed with a rare balance condition and was extremely confused why I wasn't getting any better. I was frustrated by all the neurologists I saw beforehand who didn't know what they were talking about. I finally found Dr. Purcells clinic and went and saw them. After the first visit I felt really at ease knowing that they really knew what they were doing there. They thoroughly explained my problem to me and the long term affects and did numerous tests to back up what their original hypothesis was. They put me on therapy and gave me exercises I should be doing. It really helped out a lot. Even though I still have problems, and always will, I am greatly improved from when I first saw his clinic. Dizziness and unbalance can be a really frustrating problem, but Dr. Purcell is there to help you out.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

Dr. Ian M. Purcell's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 2000)