Ratings for Dr. Ian M. Purcell

I was really looking forward to meeting Dr. Purcell and getting his take on a diagnosis of Menier's disease from another doctor at Scripps Hospital. Unfortunately, I could not get past Brian whom I spoke with on the phone in his office today Nov 16 at 1:15. I got the appt., but when I asked if he could send me the paperwork to fill in my insurance etc. and have the records sent over there from Scripps, he said that it didn't work that way that they would be put in RECYCLING (exact words) because I hadn't be seen there before. I told him I would send him the filled out paperwork with insurance, etc. for their records and then send then request the records from Scripps sent over. He said I absolutely could not do that. I asked to speak to the office manager, he said he was. If they have an office manager that says your personal records would be thrown into recycling if they received records from another doctor when they were expecting you and had an appt set up for you — then there's something wrong. I told him to cancel my appt and I would make a review saying that I couldn't even get to the appt, and I would send a note to Dr. Percell to let him know he had a potential, hopeful patient who could not get past the initial call to make an appt. Really bummed - he sounds like just the doctor I needed, unfortunately hi staff was really lacking.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Dr. Purcell has got to be the most careig, nicest Dr. I have EVER met! He genuanly cares about his patients! He has cure everyone I have sent from Vertigo including my hubby. I recomend him 100%!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Very bright and compassionate doctor and caring staff.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Dr. Purcell is awesome. He will spend all the it takes for you to understand what he is saying. There is never a wait and his staff is incredible. I can't say enough good things about him.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Brilliant doctor, one-of-a-kind from his bedside manner to his knowledge of his field.just amazing.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I saw 3 other doctors here in San Diego and they told me there was nothing wrong with me. I had bad vertigo every time I laid down in bed foe the last year. Dr Purcell fixed me with his vertigo chair and finally I have my life back. Overall he is the one who understands vertigo.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Wonderful office the pa and assistamt I saw were spot on hendric caught a mistake with another diagnosis and now I feel 100%

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

I would recommend seeing Dr Purcell. My experience with Purcell itself was so so however the treatment I received was amazing. It worked. The guy that treated me on the I call it loopy chair explained things in a way I could understand and felt safe using it. Hendricks was courteous and knowledgeable and most of all patient. The front office girls are always helpful when I call in and are patient with me while I figure my schedule out. Brenna used to see me but now I'm with another provider there and she is just as good. Dizzy? Go here.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Very aggressive doc that forces you to go his way. Some of his prescription drug practices are questionable - pricey drugs are ordered on your behalf

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

Our adult son suffered acute vertigo and headaches. He saw some of the best known specialists in the area and since they could not find the problem, insisted there wasn't one. Upon hearing of Dr. Purcell, we had to battle to get authorization for an "out of plan" referral. After months of tests and little hope, Dr. Purcell assured us that something was physically wrong and that it would be found. He determined that our son had Superior Canal Dehisence Syndrome, a conditon that was only discovered in 1995 by researchers at Johns Hopkins. With the help and encouragement of Dr. Purcell, we were able to again go "out of plan" and fly to Baltimore where we met and our son was examined by the doctor who discovered the condition. After two cranial surgeries over the course of 12 months and another year or so to heal and adjust our son has resumed a normal life without constant vertigo. In every way, Dr. Ian Purcell was light years ahead of the other specialists we saw and a great guy!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

Dr. Ian M. Purcell's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 2000)

Avmed