Ratings for Dr. Ellen H. Frankel

I have been going to see Dr. Frankel for over 15 years and have had to wait long periods of time to see her. She spends very little time with you and for the past two years she has cancelled my appointments two any three times before I can see her. My latest appointment has already been cancelled and I WON'T be going back to see her.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Terrible!! Don't go!! I have no idea what she said!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

very confused about my situation. sought secoound opinion with a better plan

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

I have been calling for 2 weeks and no one will get back to me to let me know whether I have cancer. Not only is it a bad practice to make patients chase you for test results, but the overall lack of responsibility on the doctors office is worthy of a lawsuit. Good luck if you have cancer. They don't care and are in no rush to let you know.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Dr. Ellen Frankel is a wonderful person who truly cares about her patients. She is confident, bright, funny and really knows her dermatology. She has gone over the top to help cure me. Her staff is wonderful too. They truly care. Thank you Dr. Frankel!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

I'd recommend Dr. Frankel to anyone who wants the best in terms of care/treatment/bedside manner. Forget what past doctors have told you because Dr. Frankel doesn’t give up like 99% of the others. She WILL help you. Dr. Frankel's recognition/awards as being ranked one of the TOP RHODE ISLAND DOCTORS is well-deserved. Making the patient her #1 priority is simply her nature. In 2006, I succumbed to an aggressive Internal Medicine doctor, who I called on as a pharmaceutical rep. She performed a chemical peel, followed by a microdermabrasion on my sensitive skin. I woke up with 500 pimples (CYSTIC acne) and purple/red blotches all over my face. I visited a dermatologist in MA who prescribed me Accutane, which thankfully did cause the zits to dry up. However, I was left with scarring/discoloration. He told me that nothing could be done. My dad asked his doctor for the best dermatologist he knew. That's how I met Dr. Frankel. It's the ONLY reason I've had amazing results :)

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

Dr. Frankel is the best dermatologist in Providence area. I have been seen with other doctors, but no one helped. Dr. Frankel got the right diagnosis in the first 10 seconds and prescribed the correct medication to use. In the next two days I was 100% better. I am very appreciating her knowledge and professional skills. Also if I have any questions, she will always provide me with the correct answer and the best recommendation. I highly recommend Dr. Frankel for any patient in need for dermatologist assistance.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Frankel for over 17 years. You can’t begin to appreciate her skill, diagnostic capability and great bedside manner until you have been treated by other dermatologists. Her years of practice, taking part in clinical trials, continued education, publishing papers, guest speaker invitations and everything else this woman does to stay on the forefront of state-of-the-art dermatology is EXCEPTIONAL! Since Dr. Frankel rises before the sun, my advice is to schedule early morning appointments to avoid possible wait time. Warning! Be ready to experience a hefty scent of bleach because the floors/examining rooms are disinfected EVERY morning to maintain a clean and safe patient/employee environment. If you are looking for a direct, highly competent, skillful diagnostician, impeccably attired and truly committed to her patients, where there may be an unforeseeable and medically justified wait based upon exigent patient circumstances then Dr. Frankel is the physician for you. If not then seek alternative care.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Frankel for a couple of years and found her to be extremely knowledgeable and easy to speak with. When I have a question about something I ask it and she more than willingly will provide me a detailed answer. Her use of cutting edge treatments has been a huge benefit to me. As for the wait times others have mentioned, does it happen from time to time yes. But I have yet to see a doctors office were it doesn't happen and I certainly wouldn't choose to see someone because they got me in faster at the expense of being a great doctor. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009

Dr. Ellen H. Frankel's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Kaiser-Permanente
Providence
Tufts

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to see Dr. Frankel for over 15 years and have had to wait long periods of time to see her. She spends very little time with you and for the p..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Terrible!! Don't go!! I have no idea what she said!"

October 5, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "This office is a joke. The staff is extremely rude and they are always running ridiculously late. Switching dermatologist today. "

May 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "very confused about my situation. sought secoound opinion with a better plan"

December 13, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have been calling for 2 weeks and no one will get back to me to let me know whether I have cancer. Not only is it a bad practice to make patients chase you f..."

November 12, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Ellen" to "Ellen H."

October 20, 2013