Ratings for Dr. Robert C. Axelrod

Dr. Axelrod wants to see you get better, but you have to be prepared to actually "work" for it. At first I thought he was asking a lot of me, but in the end I see he cared about me changing my unhealthy behavior. If you want to see a psychiatrist who will tell you whatever you want to hear, bill you, and not care if you fix your life, DO NOT see Dr. Axelrod. If you want to improve your mental health and take control of your life, see him. When he worked with me, it was a team effort. I resisted that at first, but with hindsite, it was for the best with me.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

I went to Dr. Axelrod and I too found him impersonable and did not seem to interested. t i was dropped because I forgot an appointment. He does not know his meds, he put me on one that I had been addicted to. READ YOUR CHART DOOGIE!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

I am very upset with the way Dr. Axelrod ended my mother's treatment with him. I realize she didn't follow instructions, but she went into him the very last time she had seen him basically saying that she was ready to die and all he could say because she went against some so called contract that she has no knowledge of signing was "I can no longer treat you". My mother has since then returned to all her medications, but is feeling very suicidal mostly due to his termination, granted there are other things as well. She feels as though she can not be helped, and that that is some of his reasoning for his termination - just to give up on her. She always did feel like he was helping her, but we, her family would have to disagree with her. Unfortunately this situation has been very hard on her, causing her to be more depressed.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

Dr. Robert C. Axelrod's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal