Ratings for Dr. A. CORTLAND Taliaferro

the best doctor ,he was so nice to me and the staff also

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I saw Dr. Taliaferro for a goiter, and had an ultrasound, and fine needle biopsy. He was professional, knowledgeable, and helpful, and I got a referral to an endo for symptom management. The efficiency of the office staff, however, needs improvement. One day, I waited almost an hour for my appointment, but really, that wasn't too bad. It was the way they handled notification of my test results that bothered me--I was to call on a certain day, even though the doctor would be on vacation, and get my results. The receptionist couldn't give them to me, however, and kept putting me through to the assistant's voicemail (she also happened to be on vacation), and I never received a call back. This took almost an entire week, and keep in mind, I was waiting to hear if my results were cancerous. I finally had to go down there in person when they opened the following week. They seemed surprised that I had kept calling while they were on vacation, yet, that's exactly what they told me to do! Very frustrating, and inefficient, on their part. Anyway, we have adopted a "wait and see" attitude to the goiter, and I'm supposed to go back for a follow up in 6 months to a year, but you know, I don't think I will. It's too bad, as I think the doctor is good--it's just that office management is lacking.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I had a lump on my neck that Dr Taliaferro looked at one day after I was referred to him, he performed a needle biopsy during that first visit and when the results were negative for cancer he recommended that I have the lump removed upon my return to Canada. I asked him if he would perform the surgery and how soon it could be scheduled and a week later it was done. The tissue pathology resulted in a lymphatic cancer diagnosis. He is an incredibly well skilled specialist and surgeon and I am grateful he performed my surgery.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Dr. Taliaferro is currently treating me for thyroid cancer. I have had excellent care by him and his assistant. I appreciate that he gives me a diagnoses, a treatment plan, and acts. He doesn't sugar coat it and has a positive " let's take care of it" approach.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

I understand the Dr is one of the best, but the office staff is terrible. The medical assistant does not return calls even when I indicate it is important. They postponed my surgery twice, but did not notify me until the last minute, and then, only when I pestered them. When I got to my pre-opt apt. at the hospital, they had not sent over the paperwork, even though they had scheduled it.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

Best doctor ever. Nice person, smart doctor. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

Do NOT recommend at all. Staff very unprofessional and when my mother got in THEY decided she didn't need to see the doctor.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2011

Hey. He is a really good doctor. He fixed my congestive system very quick.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

Failed to provide prescripton renewal in the face of persistent symptoms for 48 hours. The office continually said, "He is in a meeting." Finally he did renew prescription. But since we had called persistently, his office indicated he would no longer see us.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

the docter and his staff are very helful and great personalities couldnt have treated me better i highley recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. A. CORTLAND Taliaferro's Credentials

• Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med, Tampa Fl 33612 (Grad. 1988)

• BCBS Massachusetts