Ratings for Dr. Ingrid Thie

The other people here make me laugh. Dr. Thie has had numerous times where she could of pushed more procedure on me for extra money, but would often tell me it's not needed - or ask my opinion on a cheaper option. I have benefits , so almost everything is covered 80%. If you don't have insurance , I would advise taking better care of your teeth. Also, maybe try making more money so you're not penny pinching when it comes to your oral health. Growing up I had a few crooked teeth. Instead of opting me in for braces, Dr. Thie suggested it's not really necessary, and my teeth would straighten as my jaw grew - she was right. When it comes to hardcore dental surgery, she has no problem referring you to specialty clinics. Showing she doesn't care who gets your $, as long as you're healthy. P.S All the assistants are wonderful, and she has the best receptionists .

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr. Thie has been my dentist since 1995. She is always punctual, and her staff is always pleasant. I visit Dr. Thie every 6 months. I am self employed and therefore pay directly. Her pricing is very fair. I highly recommend Dr. Thie.. Mark Laskey... #1 fan..

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

I recommend booking an appointment for early morning. The receptionists don't enter the waiting area until 8:00AM, so if you come beforehand you can stare at the large painting they have behind the desk. It is a depiction of an ocean beach scene from the point of view of someone staying at a beach villa. If you look on the bottom right side of the picture, you will notice a small red and white boat. In my opinion, it was a great painting, but as someone who has sailed myself I thought the painting lost a bit of realism due to how much of the length of the boat was still in the water, despite there being no passengers on the boat. Nautical enthusiasts will always ensure these types of personal water crafts are either tied or completely on the sand so they do not float out to sea. Other than that, I thought the painting was very intriguing and it is something I enjoyed staring at. I had two other people in the waiting room with me, a 40-something male and 40-something female. The male chose to use his cell phone while waiting, and the female chose to read a magazine, Canadian living. The television in the lobby broadcasts the daily news. I learned today that North Korea is doing some more nuclear tests, but I feel like I've heard about them doing that my entire life. We don't take them seriously anymore, perhaps we will regret that decision later. Going back to the painting in the lobby, unfortunately it is situated right behind the 2 receptionists, so when they are seated it makes it hard to stare at without seeming like a serial killer. That's why I recommended booking an 8AM appointment and showing up a bit early to take it all in. I've never liked going to the dentist in my life, but this dentist office is alright. The one hygienist I've had a couple times, Rhiannon, gets the job done quick. I am not one for small talk, but if you are the type that likes to chat up your dental hygienist amidst having your teeth scraped, I think Ingrid's hygienists would afford some good conversation. I thought that the way that the artist portrayed the blown sand on the beach was very lifelike. I also thought that the choice to portray the scene as only "slightly sunny" instead of a full blown sunny day was a good touch. I've had many days where the weather has been lousy or chilly but I have still gone to the empty beach that is otherwise crowded on nicer days. For me, there is something magical about visiting a place that is usually crowded and busy when there are no people there. I used to work in a busy market in Calgary and started at 6AM somedays. I would show up for work when there wasn't another soul anywhere near me, and by the late morning the market was filled with people. I enjoyed watching the transition and at the same time being a part of it.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Dr.thie is an excellent dentist!!! She has a great staff and I would recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

She is a good dentist as far as her actual dental work, but she is all about money. She will use your insurance to the max everytime! She is a huge xray pusher, she says you have to have them at least every 2 years legally which is a lie! I called the dental college to check and it is 100% not true, they informed me it has to be based per person, it is possible for someone to go 5 years without xrays and there is nothing that legally says that is wrong! Also she pushes that my kids have to been seen by her at 6months JUST because my insurance says they can, I feel like she is a money scammer so my family an I will be leaving this practice.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Very rude and condescending. Will lie to you about the condition of your teeth just to make some extra money. Avoid at all costs.

Submitted December 2, 2015

Awesome dentist overall, staff very professional and will go to extremes to help in any aspect that they can. I believe staff and dentist are right on top of optimal care with all the latest advances of dentistry.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

Rude and rushed for all staff. -- that about sums it up.

Submitted October 9, 2014

All staff is friendly, professional and knowledgeable!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

The best at what she does. Very thorough. Staff extremely friendly. Fees seemed on par with what others charge.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014