Ratings for Dr. Sylvia Garnis-Jones

Many doctors now practice cosmetic procedures but few really know what they are doing. I have great experiences with Dr Garnis-Jones both with botox and fillers. I asked her why she was so good with these procedures and she said maybe experience as well as having a masters degree in anatomy. I guess if you are putting needles into the muscles of the face it might help to know where exactly the muscles are. I would rather have someone who knows how to do these procedures than have serious staff or long appointments with lots of small talk. If you need such things, maybe better to see a psychiatrist

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

As I can see some of the not so good ratings, that these patients are not so good human beings. I have seen Dr. Garnis-Jones for two separate occasions. Both occasions she diagnosed both spot on and fixed the issues. If you are courteous and polite, you get that back. If you are selfish, ignorant human beings, what may I ask do you expect back? It's the selfish human beings that must rate and rant and rave that they didn't get exactly what they wanted. Shame on you! I would highly recommend this Dr.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

I'm surprised by the comments on the atmosphere of the office. I have always found it to be very friendly and inviting. It's a nice change of pace to see front office staff who are funny and seem happy to be there, rather than the usual grumpy receptionists I've encountered at many other specialist offices. I have been a few times with no issue, and the Doctor has always been kind to me. I recommend.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Wow these ratings are either black or white. My experience with Dr Jones has been positive. I saw her in Welland 10 years ago and once in Maple Ridge where she moved last year. I was happy to see her again because she has always helped me with my psoriasis and I was very encouraged when I had the opportunity to see her again out west. I go by my family doctors opinions of specialists they refer to and she comes highly recommended both in Ontario and BC. I can only imagine that the negative reviews reflect fatigue rather than neglect. She has always been attentive to me but she is extremely busy at times with research and teaching which can make it difficult I guess to always be pleasant 24/7

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I have seen Dr. 3 times. Terrible bed side manner. Asks you questions that are right in the chart. Seems to be in a fog. Will continue with UV treatments, but do not have much confident in her at this point.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

I really like dr garnis-jones. I've seen her for multiple skin issues, and she has always been very good with me. Have nothing but good to say about the doctor and her friendly staff.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

I've been to see Dr. Garnis-Jones 4 times, for moles. First time for analysis of a couple of moles. One of the mole biopsies came back positive for basal carcinoma, BUT I only learned of this diagnosis when I was contacted by my GP - not from Dr. Garnis-Jones office. I was scheduled for an age related mole removal so perhaps the office felt they did not need to contact me about the positive diagnosis on another mole? Really?? When I went for the simple mole removal (non-cancerous) Dr. Garnis-Jones advised me of the first mole diagnosis... saying she got it all in the biopsy, nothing to worry about. My GP had advised me that I must now have a yearly skin scan and asked me to schedule a complete skin scan immediately with Dr. Garnis-Jones. A 15 minute appointment was scheduled... after Dr. G-J indicated her surprise that SHE was requested to do the scan instead of my GP. I went in for my 15 minute skin scan/survey and was out in LESS THAN 5 MINUTES!! The doctor barely gave a cursory glance at my arms, legs, torso, and back - before showing me the door.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Staff smoking right outside the front door when we got there. First met with man who I though was a doctor who said concerning bump was probably cancer. Then Dr. Sylvia came in and said it was an ingrown hair. Made another appointment to have it removed. At that appointment I waited an hour to be seen and right when she was about to stick a needle in the bump she asked me why I was doing this. She then informed me that the procedure probably won't completely take out hair and it will take me a month to heal. I decided to get out of there. Very dirty office, plugged bathroom sink and toilet. I will never go back.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

I am a doctor myself and was referred to Dr Garnis-Jones for removal of a facial skin lesion. She was recommended by a colleague who had heard her speak at a medical conference. I found her to be skillful and knowledgable. I find this site to be very unforgiving of the doctors rated here including myself. She is frequently described as rushed and unable to deal with more than 1 problem. Welcome to modern day medicine. Medical practice is not fast food. Emergencies can appear taking time away from other patients. Also patients often don't show for appointments without canceling. These ratings are biased with unfortunate experiences that are frequently unavoidable. "Staying away" from this doctor's practice is a loss for the patient who wants care from an experienced dermatologist who knows her stuff. Her status as a clinical professor at UBC, formerly at McMaster should say more than the ratings published here

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

STAY AWAY!!!!! This is the most UNprofessional doctors appointment I have ever been to, the girls up front are all related to the doctor and they talk about people, laughing and talking so loud it's ridiculous!! All they did was talk about the Paul McCartney concert they were going to and yelling at each other across the room. I've never witnessed this in any doctors office I my life!! The doctor spent about 1 minute with me. Do NOT waste your time going there request a different specialist!!!!!!

Submitted April 21, 2016