Ratings for Dr. Sylvia Garnis-Jones

Worst Dr. I've ever seen. I saw her back in 2012 and still eye-roll about the experience and just stumbled upon this profile. Thought it was worth adding my two cents. First of all, she's extremely miserable and rude. She didn't say hello upon entering the room and she didn't make eye contact with me once when speaking to me. I had a long-term cyst that I was at my wits end with and wanted to see about a cortisone shot. She said she'd do it and didn't explain anything about it. I asked if it would leave a scar and she made a face as if I was completely stupid and said, "Yes!" as if I should have known. I asked if there were any other options. She gave me samples of a topical gel that I noticed were WAY expired upon returning home. Might I also add that the following day, my cyst finally burst and with my own treatment, healed beautifully without scarring. She doesn't care about her patients outcome. She's just an old battle axe who needs to retire. It's also worth mentioning that it doesn't look like she takes very good care of her own skin. Would you trust a dentist with terrible teeth?

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

I was NOT impressed with this doctor. I went in to have milia removed. She charged me $75 and only did some of it. I had to point out obvious spots but thought she, with her light, would be able to do a good job without my help. On my way home, I realized that she missed so many. I called the next day and asked if I could have a followup. The receptionist said yes, but I'd have to pay another $75. She should have done it right in the first place but I found her to be very eager to send me to her other cash-cow clinic to talk to her "beautician" about other treatments for my skin. I don't need a "beautician." I need a competent dermatologist who can do the job right the first time. I will not be going back. The profession of Dermatology should not be mixing with the beauty industry.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

I have been seeing doctor garnis jones for over a year. I think she is great! I appreciate her honesty, and her staff are very accommodating to my schedule. She is a great dermo, with a no bs attitude..

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

I waited for several months to see dr garnis jones for a persistent rash/acne that hasn't responded to any treatments from my gp. I was in and out of her office in less than 5 minutes, ten if the waiting room time is included. She barely looked at my face and said that while I'm nursing there isn't much she can do for me.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Saw Dr. Garnis-Jones in 2004 when she practiced in Ottawa. I had mild-moderate acne outbreak during that time and was prescribed a steroid-antiobiotic cream. I was provided no instructions or a follow-up appointment to monitor its effectiveness. As a result, after nearly a year of use, my face became resistant to the cream and I developed a fungal based reaction, which to this day has been hard to manage. I agree with most on this web-site, that dermatologists like Dr. Garnis-Jones are more into the high-margin business of cosmetic dermatology. Avoid her if you have a skin disease.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

More than 45 minutes late without any apology let alone acknowledgement. Dismissive and short. Despite waiting for months for an appointment (not her fault the system is burdened) and obviously needing the services of a specialist, I will ask for an alternative referral.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

The positive comments below are clearly from her office staff trying to improve the ratings. She was an hour late for my appointment which I waited three months for. I totally understand that there can be emergencies with specialists however I feel like this is more a case of over booking since there are so many complaints about her punctuality. I had been breaking out in hives but wasn't at the time, so I showed her a picture. She said "this looks complicated, I think I will refer you to someone else". I really got the feeling that if I wasn't there for botox, fillers, or laser treatment then she wasn't interested whatsoever with me.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Extremely late. Terrible communications skills, brushes things off and does not take the time to listen like other doctors I have been to. Will not come back again.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Terrible in every possible way. Gotta laugh at the reviews below serving as advertisements for cosmetic treatments. Try not to make it so obvious you are reviewing yourself next time.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

The doctor was so late and staff so rude that I do not recommend seeing this doctor. She had paitents scheduled 5 minutes apart. What a waist of time..

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016