Ratings for Dr. Jacquelyn Ball

I saw a terrible review somewhere and I decided to leave a review here. My ex husband was/is her patient for over 2 years. Things turned out really bad and I think the treatment she has been giving to him has a problem. I knew besides talking about my ex husband’s depression and anxiety, they were talking about our marriage. I remember one day, after my ex had a session with her, he came back and asked for a divorce. My husband moved out and filed a divorced and now we are not married anymore. For the past two years she was "trying to" treat my husband, but she never really do but basically stepping in my marriage and keep manipulating "your wife is not good for you." " I feel bad she didn't understand what you think. " She kept prescribing different kinds of drugs and my ex husband's depression and anxiety got worse. And went drinking crazily and smoking cigarettes and pots! And she wouldn't try to stop him or suggested him to see psychologist, guess she doesn't want to lose a business. The third time I met her( the previous times were with my ex, each time were so uncomfortable and I always feel accused by her “professional judgement”), my ex husband already asked for a divorce. I was so sad and I thought a session might help. Turned out it was crazy for what she would comment: 1) She thinks moving from Asia to US is like moving from another state to Seattle. Really? Have you been to Asia? It is tough but I get through it. I need time to adjust but I am okay, and she looked down on me and thinking I cannot adjust my life here properly and let my husband down. 2) only met me the third time and judging me that she knows our marriage more than me as she believes in divorce. She only heard my husband's side of our marriage but never hear my side while I am a mental healthy, positive and a happy teacher. She thinks it is me to make his depression get worse. Hello?!?! Moving a closed family member our of his life and let your patient be alone? I thought a family member should stay by the depressed person no matter what. We don’t have a family here, we were still kind of newly wed and I am a new immigrant.i felt so unwelcome when she keep commenting about my marriage , how I didn’t help my ex to let him talk to me. 3) my ex husband's depression and anxiety was getting worse, of course I knew, however, I wanted to approach a talk and he later drew himself into booze and pots. I was worried and she thought I didn't see it. She even prescribed drugs to make him continue drinking. I was so surprised in a way she kept prescribing different kinds of medications to him and he would act weird to a few kind. She never teach him to open up himself and talk to me or go to see a real psychologist ( I knew she claimed she can do both practice which I didn’t see it as she relied on medicine too much) . 4) she is a divorced person and she believes it and she is trying to sink in this idea to the patients, that is bad. Your believe and your past don't mean to drag other people to be with you. When I remember how she directed my ex to believe he didn't marry a right person by asking some questions, one particular that I still remember: “ is "my name" your best friend?" And my ex said no , and she asked , then who. And my ex replied with two guys names. And she looked at me and said " see?!" What the hell? And she jumped into a conclusion that we should go seek “end marriage counseling “, I was shocked! If you want to be treated humanly, morally, not only rely on medication, and would help the whole family get educated and get through the process as a family, you should definitely go to see someone else. I don't trust her at all and I believe she is part of the reason that our marriage end as she would manipulate and sink in her thought to patients. She was always in the middle of it and of course my husband would trust her as she is professional.( I know at this point, my ex should trust the wife more but you know, he is not mentally healthy.. so who took the blame?) Misconduct! Disgusting! Manipulating!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

I saw Dr. Ball for about a year. She absolutely changed the way I view the world. She has an amazing ability to identify root cause and provide tools to allow improvement. There is no judgment and I totally felt comfortable sharing. Every time i saw her I learned new skills that I use every day. If you want help and are willing to work then this is the doctor for you.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr. Ball is amazing! I have been to see several psychologists during the span of my life and decided to see a psychiatrist instead. Jacquelyn was so amazing within just the first session that I decided to pay the additional expenses to continue to seeing her. She is worth every penny. She has done more for me in a few months than all of my 15 plus years of seeing psychologists combined. She is wise beyond her years and she gives you tools to help guide you in life. If you are looking to be overly medicated do not go to Dr. Ball, she strongly believes in getting to the root-cause of her clients issues rather than masking the symptoms. I am so glad I found her.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

She just graduated from her internship and worked at a county mental health faclity before starting a part time practice. She is buddhist and loves the whole "acceptance" and "mindfulness" theory that is popular right now but she lacks the depth of life experience that most adults would expect. A friend or ours who saw her (on my advice) nearly killed herself and then was dropped when she counld't afford to see her twice a week. She also takes days to return phone calls and has very poor billing practices. On the other hand unlike most p-docs she actually does some behavioral based counseling and does seem to genuinely care about her patients. My husband thought that she was still learning her craft and we found a much better psychologist. So if you want counseling go elsewhere but if you need meds and don't mind helping to train someone give it a try. (she doesn't have any staff)

flag | Submitted June 21, 2008

Dr. Jacquelyn Ball's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Coventry Healthcare