Ratings for Dr. Rebecca C. Amaru

TERRIBLE experience- - I showed up early but had to wait 40 min past the scheduled time before I saw Dr. Amaru. She then went on a rant claiming that women only get waxed because they are pressured by men who are misogynists and want women to look prepubescent. This was so inappropriate!!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

She's really good- knowledgeable as well as will work with you and explain things very succinctly.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

Dr.Amaru delivered my first baby eight years ago and was very good. I came to her with complications. She made me feel calm.I'm going to her for my second she has so much experience and reaches out to other specialists to help. She is very proactive on behalf of her patients. During my first delivery, she was so attentive!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

I like Dr Amaru but during her pregnancy I had horrid pain in my belly , the Dr on call told me to put heat on it. She was dry and uncaring ! I do not remember which of the other two it was. I continued in pain so I called another Dr that I knew and she told me to have a pregnancy test. It was a miscarriage and Dr. Amarus team unfortunately did not recognize the symptoms. Dr Amaru is a nice person but since she does not take any insurance anymore I will have to find somebody new. She also recommended me someone from Mount Sinai for surgerty which turned out to be an unprofessional doctor, so do your research on your own!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

Dr. Amaru is wonderful! I had gone to another OBGYN who was rude and dissmissive and then thankfully found Amaru. I had been suffering with an ovarian cyst for a number of months and Dr. Amaru was great with explaining what my options were. She was able to fit me in for surgery last minute after I experienced increased pain. She was really calming throughout the experience and I would recommend her to anyone. Her practice does not accept insurance but if you are able to get at least a portion reimbursed, it is worth it!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

I read a bad review, and I tend to disagree. Dr. Brasner is fine - but Dr. Blumberg and Dr. Amaru are wonderful. They remember everything, and they are caring, they field all your questions and concerns (no matter how many), I cannot say enough good things about them.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

All 3 doctors in this practice are adequate but do not exhibit any sort of intellectual rigor. This ties into other people's complaints that this practice is not suited for anything but run of the mill pregnancies. If your delivery or post-delivery winds up with any sort of complication-the doctors are not equipped to deal with them. The responses range from disinterested, forgetful, complacent and I could go on. I think Amaru and Blumberg are nice women. Shari Brasner is egotistical. None of these doctors bring their A game. They dial it in. I would not recommend using this practice for obstetrics.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2010

I started seeing Dr. Amaru a few years prior to my first pregnancy, and always had a very positive experience. It was comfortable speaking to her, she was attentive and thorough and very down to earth. After getting pregnant, she seemed to let the ball drop (she ordered a retest for the wrong genetic disease, forgot to tell me to make an appointment at 9 weeks for a neuchal transparancy test, forgot to return to the exam room to read the results of my non-stress test, etc.) She switched practices during my pregnancy, and I could not be more thrilled with her partners (Brasner & Blumberg). They are superb. True professionals, superior doctors, excellent bedside manners. Dr. Amaru's bedside manner has diminished since switching practices, and she can be curt and dismissive. I hope she gets to read this feedback, because I am now pregnant with my second child and am a bit nervous about her treating me again. I hope my experience with her improves over the last one.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

Dr. Amaru will be delivering my first child and the experience thus far has been excellent. I love all the doctors but Dr. Amaru explains everything and answers all my questions. She also has a great personality and is extremely thorough. I cant wait to meet my son and have her deliver my baby!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

Horrid and rude, plus this group does not deal with complicated pregnancies

flag | Submitted January 29, 2009

Dr. Rebecca C. Amaru's Credentials

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of The City Univ Of Ny, New York Ny 10029 (Grad. 1999)