Ratings for Dr. Ikar J. Kalogjera

I have been under Dr. Kalogjera's care for several years and am thankful to have him as my psychiatrist. He is professional, thoughtful, and caring towards his patients and their family members. I am glad to see that others receive the same high quality care under his care.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

I saw Dr. Kalogjera for 10 months after my insurance pre-approved my appointments. He quickly was able to make a difficult diagnosis and worked aggressively to find the right medication combination. He kept checking my blood levels to make sure I was not having not having metabolic side effects from the medications. I had a bad reaction to one of the medications but my symptoms were not a typical presentation of that reaction and Dr. Kalogjera recognized it anyway in the first visit after it started. Then my insurance informed me that they were retroactively denying my prior authorizations (yes, they can actually do that) and that I owed the doctor about $1000. I was going to file a grievance with the insurance company but Dr. Kalogjera told me not to worry about it and wrote off the debt. I didn't pay a dime and neither did the insurance company. I wrote him a thank you letter but was never able to thank him in person, as I was no longer able to see him under my insurance. If I ever have the opportunity to see him again I will do it in a heartbeat. One of, if not the best psychiatrist I have ever seen - and there have been a lot!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

he would rather keep married people together rather than apart now that he, the husband, and/or the wife should know better; maybe it's a Catholic thing on his part

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

Dr. Ikar J. Kalogjera's Credentials

• Univ Of Zagreb, Med Fak, Zagreb, Croatia (Grad. 1970)

GHI