Ratings for Dr. Randall B. Steinhaus

My son had seen Dr Steinhaus for several years. We changed our insurance company so before making an appointment, I called his office to verify coverage and they told me he was on our plan. Turns out that the location that we saw him at was not covered and so the doctor billed us at the out-of-network rate. The other locations that he practices from are in-network but we were not aware of it. His office did not inform us of this fact. We asked if he could re-bill us at the in-network rate or at least give us a discount since my son had been a patient for a long, long time. He would not do it. Through his nurse, he told us that we should make all future appointments with him at his other locations. Had we known that his primary location was not in-network we would have driven the 40 miles to see him but we did not know. I feel like this doctor could have seen fit to bill us the in-network rate. We were misinformed by his office in the first place and as such has lost our business.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

Dr Steinhaus was very helpful. He related well to our son (age 17) and got him off of some potentially dangerous medicines. We had seen a lot of doctors, psychologists and therapists before we finally were referred here. Thank you Dr. Steinhaus!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

Don't waste your time with Dr. Steinhaus unless you enjoy paying $250 to be seen by a guy who spends the whole time chatting you up about his own life. I likened him to a drug dealer since the only reason I saw him was to get my medication, which I need. His office staff was cold, impolite and rude--not exactly a winning combination when you're dealing with psychiatric patients!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

Dr. Randall B. Steinhaus's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1985)