Ratings for Dr. Bruce A. Semon

Dr. Semon saw my son when he was in grade school. He had already been diagnosed with Autism by two other independent Doctors, but we were interested in trying alternative treatments, since at the time there were very few options available to us for treatment locally. We were also doing ABA therapy at the time. My son was given a mild medication and a diet to follow. Neither had any side-effects. The diet wasn't easy, but it did seem to help enough that my son eventually felt well enough to self-monitor himself on the diet. His condition has considerably improved, and now as an adult he is nearly normal, talks well, gets good grades as a Senior in High School, and has friends. I am recommending him to other people who are interested in alternative treatments for Autism.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

I am really surprised that A doctor with this "experience" could diagnose my son with "Autism" just by looking at him. He never ran a test, never talked to the kid, or even read the report that was written by his office partner who saw the kid a week earlier "dr. Tiptoskie" who said:"no signs of autism". My son is 4 yrs old now and thank god he is ok. He goes to 4K and talks normally, in a good mental and physical condition. The real dotor said about dr. Semon's diagnosis: "this is not even a theory, it is a bad guess". I will post a comment every years and update ya, Dr. Semon.Thanks

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

I will NEVER, EVER recommend this man to any family. I was sent to him once several years ago now to be diagnosed with ADD. My mother and I had one session with him. Afterwards he wrote my mother a letter stating that not only did I NOT have ADHD, but everything that was wrong with me was "all her fault" (quoting from the letter). I just ran across this letter again which is why I'm reviewing so long after the fact. I did end up being diagnosed with ADD by another doctor and made MAJOR behavioral improvements after being medicated. That makes Dr. Semon not only inappropriate (from the letter he wrote) but wrong as well.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

I was puzzled by the review of Dr. Semon regarding Autism, clearly from a person who has difficulty with information. My experience was just the opposite. He was able to discern that a child had autism when nobody else would diagnose. He was the only doctor who helped. Sometimes getting difficult information does make a family "sad," but sadness can lead to enormous benefits. When a child is not talking, this is a major problem and Dr. Semon is one of the few doctors who is willing to do something besides "wait and see." Dr. Semon is an expert in his field, both in child and adolescent psychiatry and in nutrition. He is board certified in Child and Adolescent and Adult psychiatry, and he has a PhD in nutrition. He is a real expert with years of experience. It is unfortunate that this patient had such a bad experience. Dr. Semon offers the diet as a choice, because it is easy to do and better than drugs. It works in the long run.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

Dr. Semon made us a sad family 4 no reason.We took our only son to him as a Psychiatric The kid was babling with unknown words, and he play alone. Dr. Semon decided the boy is Autistic, and he will completely lose the ability to talk at age 3. He said his son has the same problem, and our son is at the point where his son started, babling, then nothing. So, he said he can help if we put the kid on a very very strict diet, the Yieast diet he designated himself. He said I do not need to run the test on your son, I see an obvious Autistic child. His partnter at he office (who we met with a week before, assured us that the boy is not Autistic at all). We simply decided to have another ipinion, but lived untill then the hardest time in our lives. Then we visited the second Doctor, who said the boy is not Autistic, and ran the test and assured us that Autism has different syptoms.6months later,we thnk god we didn believe him andconsulted Dr. Crisco who even educated us on Autism.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

Dr. Bruce A. Semon's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1984)

Oxford