Ratings for Dr. Sandra A. Takai

Overall great experience and will recommend their office for future.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2012

The Doctors are great in this practice but the nurses really don't know what the heck they are doing. Don't bother calling the advice nurses because they will not tell you anything anyone with common sense knows already and give you an attitude about it.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

flag | Submitted October 8, 2011

Dr. Takai was very condescending and snappy. She talked down to me when i asked her to take a blood sample for my 8 month old baby, who recently had a surgery and had a low fever for a month subsequent to that. Here is what she said at the end of the conversation: "I do not care how adamant you are about asking for the blood test. I do not think your child had a fever, and i will not do the blood test." Her response does not seem reasonable, as we requested simple blood test, not an unnecessary surgery.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

Have been with Dr. Takai's practice since it opened, easily 20 years now, and am on a first name basis with some of the desk staff and nurses as a result. I would highly recommend Dr. Takai as she has cared for and about my four children over the years, asking about one when I am there with another child because she had become so familiar with my children's issues and family dynamics. It is my hope that my grandchildren will become her patients, too. She diagnosed a very rare condition in one of my children when doctors at Shady Grove Hospital had failed to do so even though my daughter spent days in their care. Wonderful, wonderful woman and doctor.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Great response in emergencies. Responsible and well-mannered staff. Knowledgeable doctors.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Most of the nurses and stuff are awful- very rough and ice cold attitude. the practice got bigger and overly crowded and caring went downhill last several years. Barely will use any time on the children, waiting time often exceeds 40 mins.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2009

All the doctors I've seen at this practice are just wonderful. Love the sick and well child waiting rooms. The on-call nurses are great with answering my first-time-mom questions without my having to take my son in. They call me for reminders for my well-baby visits. Wonderful practice!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

23 years ago I took my 6 week old daughter to Dr. Takai because she kept vomiting and losing weight. We had taken her to a few other doctors, and no one was able to diagnose her condition (which turned out to be pyloric stenosis). Dr. Takai diagnosed this condition within minutes of examining my daughter at her office. Because of my daughter's condition becoming more and more critical by the hour, she was rushed to the hospital where she had surgery. Today my daughter is happy and healthy, and expecting her own child in September...As far as we are concerned, Dr. Takai saved our daughter's life.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

I've been coming to this doctor for over 10 years and they are the best when it comes to children, punctuality and knowledge. I would recommend all parents.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2007

Dr. Sandra A. Takai's Credentials

• Univ Of Md Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21201 (Grad. 1980)

AHC