Ratings for Dr. Steven A. Weisblatt

Consultation with this Dr. was unprofessional. He was rude, impatient and arrogant. Made no attempt to listen and connect with you. Often rolled his eyes and voiced annoyance at your answers. Challenged you to change your responses to fit into some "pre-conceived " category. Answered personal calls during the meeting. More concerned with criticizing the medical profession & presented a power point filled with charts, stats, etc. in the middle of the session. He ended the meeting with no specific information except that an immediate treatment was required and to call him. All this based on a short list of questions and answers. Overall, left the meeting offended with the Dr.'s self-centered behavior during the entire time.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Brutal. Run for the hills. Avoid him like the plague. Very smart. Totally manipulative, self serving, greedy, and close minded. Basically he is the devil. Outside of that he is really cool.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

Absolutely horrible. Worst Dr. I ever went to. He screwed me up big time. He had me on 9 different medications. He misdiagnosed me. I gained weight. It was the worst time of my life. I'm much better now and I only take 1 antidepressant lowest dosage now. I saw that idiot for over a year. I would never recommend him to anyone. Stay away from him. Far away.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Same as other comments I went to Weisquack with outside issues and factors having very adverse effect on my life. He diagnosed my bi-polar and began a med treatment that even had my pharmacist frightened . Although I gave his treatment a chance I left after gaining 60 lbs with no noticeable change aside of loosing complete s£x drive and walking around numb and feeling like a zombie. After leaving his practice I actual received reliefs from my symptoms of anxiety with talk therapy and s more healthy lifestyle. I'm now on zero medication and have no symptoms whatsoever of his bi-polar diagnosis. He is adanger to the profession with an arrogant money hungry narcosis tic attitude and a reckless approach to patient care. Avoid him and his pathetic one man, no staff practice by every means necessary!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

A REAL CREEP, DIAGNOSED ME WITH BI POLAR IN 10 MINUTES, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH ADD AND LOST MY OTHER DR., RUN AWAY- HE IS RUDE AND DOES NOT EVEN LET YOU TALK RATHER TELLS YOU WHAT HE KNOW IS WRONG WITH YOU, TELLING MY THE DR. I HAD BEFORE WAS A JACKASS AND KNEW NOTHING. TRIED TO CONVINCE ME I NEEDED TO SEE HIM EVERY WEEK AT 235- GUESS HE NEEDS YET MORE MONEY TO RE FINISH HIS DWELLING

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I had been referred to the Dr. by a friend who had good results. Though I saw these ratings, I still decided to try the doc out. In fact, he was thorough, caring and incredibly helpful. I wonder if the people writing negative reviews simply didn't like the diagnosis and are knocking his work.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

Starting with staff, he has none. He runs two practices, one in PA and one in NYC, by himself. That alone should tell you something. He is spread too thin, and often gives you the feeling that you're wasting his time, the time I might add that you pay dearly for. No staff means no billing department which means he does not accept insurance so you have to pay him in full and then bill your insurance provider on your own time. It also means no receptionist to screen his call so he answers both his office phone and his cellphone in the middle of sessions VERY VERY frequently. He does not have a lot of patience for questions or talk of feelings. He doesn't take you into account just your blood levels and your bipolar symptoms. You will gain weight and loose sleep on your drugs. He diagnosed 3 of my family members with bipolar disorder and had me convinced that my kids would suffer the same fate. He is extremely disrespectful to everyone & does not apologize for being arrogant and abrasive.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

I am writing a review to let people know that when I went to see Dr. Weisblatt I was in need of a correct diagnosis. Not only did I feel verbally attacked when he spoke to me but I left unhappy and more confused about what was wrong with me. I was also diagnosed by him as having soft bipolar which I did not feel was correct. I seeked a second opinion and was diagnosed by a different psychiatrist who told me that I have classic signs of OCD. My psychiatrist told me that if I was to be put on lithium the way dr. weisblatt wanted to treat me that it would have made my OCD Worse! Also my therapist told me there is no such thing as soft bipolar. I really don't understand how he is getting away with this!

Submitted August 16, 2010

Please look carefully for a mental health professional. We could not find anyone to provide service for a family member. He is as others have suggested, smug and arrogant. He makes his client and his/her family feel inferior and in several instances resulted in some verbal bullying when engaged in discussions about treatment plans/medications. We are still trying to regroup after spending a number of sessions with this individual. Thank goodness we were finally able to see through the junk he was handing us. Think about it: a bipolar diagnosis with 100% certainty after an initial 15 minute interview??? On a personal level, I am still trying to deal with my decision making in taking someone I love dearly to this individual. The signs were there, yet I missed them. Please do your homework when looking for a mental health provider, even if it means waiting a time for an appointment.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

We saw Dr. Weisblatt one time for 90 minutes during which we considered his bipolar diagnosis and his treatment plan involving doses of Lithium and the very potent drug Zyprexa. During the session he criticized our present psychiatrist without giving specifics, critiqued his PA colleagues as misdiagnosing, and noted that he was called in to remedy the horrendous situation in PA. He presented a PowerPoint slide show explaining his diagnosis, and as other contributors have noted, he took several phone calls during the session. After only one session, I cannot conclude with confidence that he tries to shoehorn most of his patients into his favorite diagnosis (bipolar disorder) and his favored treatment (heavy medication), but the corroboration for that hypotheses from approximately 20 reviewers on websites is overwhelming. With a few exceptions the reviewers comment on his arrogance, quick diagnosis, heavy medication, and high fees. Our experience supports the negative reviews.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

Dr. Steven A. Weisblatt's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1984)