Ratings for Dr. Steven A. Weisblatt

My son was depressed due to tragic death of a friend. Steve heavily medicated him and said he was bipolar. He was very unkind and unsympathetic. He pushes meds only. He is a disgrace to the medical profession.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

I cannot imagine this guy hasn't had his license yanked!! TERRIBLE! We paid $1000 for a "competency exam" recommended by our attorney when doing my husband's estate planning/will on Jan. 20 and it is almost June and after several requests for a written report, still don't have one! I am reporting him to the Board of Psychiatry as every one of you that reviewed him should. It has to STOP! Won't return phone calls, and when he finally did, he told my husband to put it on loudspeaker so he didn't have to repeat himself in a SCOLDING tone of voice. All we wanted was either a report or our $1000 back! I don't want him taking advantage of anyone else, so if I have my way...HE"S GOING DOWN!!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

He is a terrible doctor! He's incredibly arrogant. He owes us money back from our account with him, and he refuses to refund us! He misdiagnosed my husband as being Bi Polar. When I went on line, I noticed he diagnoses everyone as Bi Polar! He is a crook! He refuses to pay us back. He took our money and because we chose to go to a more credible doctor, he got mad at my husband and yelled at him. What kind of doctor does that. DO NOT Go to him. He's absolutely terrible! He will miss diagnose you and take your money!!!!!!!! He does not deserve that 1 star!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Consultation with this Dr. was unprofessional. He was rude, impatient and arrogant. Made no attempt to listen and connect with you. Often rolled his eyes and voiced annoyance at your answers. Challenged you to change your responses to fit into some "pre-conceived " category. Answered personal calls during the meeting. More concerned with criticizing the medical profession & presented a power point filled with charts, stats, etc. in the middle of the session. He ended the meeting with no specific information except that an immediate treatment was required and to call him. All this based on a short list of questions and answers. Overall, left the meeting offended with the Dr.'s self-centered behavior during the entire time.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Brutal. Run for the hills. Avoid him like the plague. Very smart. Totally manipulative, self serving, greedy, and close minded. Basically he is the devil. Outside of that he is really cool.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

Absolutely horrible. Worst Dr. I ever went to. He screwed me up big time. He had me on 9 different medications. He misdiagnosed me. I gained weight. It was the worst time of my life. I'm much better now and I only take 1 antidepressant lowest dosage now. I saw that idiot for over a year. I would never recommend him to anyone. Stay away from him. Far away.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Same as other comments I went to Weisquack with outside issues and factors having very adverse effect on my life. He diagnosed my bi-polar and began a med treatment that even had my pharmacist frightened . Although I gave his treatment a chance I left after gaining 60 lbs with no noticeable change aside of loosing complete s£x drive and walking around numb and feeling like a zombie. After leaving his practice I actual received reliefs from my symptoms of anxiety with talk therapy and s more healthy lifestyle. I'm now on zero medication and have no symptoms whatsoever of his bi-polar diagnosis. He is adanger to the profession with an arrogant money hungry narcosis tic attitude and a reckless approach to patient care. Avoid him and his pathetic one man, no staff practice by every means necessary!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

A REAL CREEP, DIAGNOSED ME WITH BI POLAR IN 10 MINUTES, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH ADD AND LOST MY OTHER DR., RUN AWAY- HE IS RUDE AND DOES NOT EVEN LET YOU TALK RATHER TELLS YOU WHAT HE KNOW IS WRONG WITH YOU, TELLING MY THE DR. I HAD BEFORE WAS A JACKASS AND KNEW NOTHING. TRIED TO CONVINCE ME I NEEDED TO SEE HIM EVERY WEEK AT 235- GUESS HE NEEDS YET MORE MONEY TO RE FINISH HIS DWELLING

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I had been referred to the Dr. by a friend who had good results. Though I saw these ratings, I still decided to try the doc out. In fact, he was thorough, caring and incredibly helpful. I wonder if the people writing negative reviews simply didn't like the diagnosis and are knocking his work.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

Starting with staff, he has none. He runs two practices, one in PA and one in NYC, by himself. That alone should tell you something. He is spread too thin, and often gives you the feeling that you're wasting his time, the time I might add that you pay dearly for. No staff means no billing department which means he does not accept insurance so you have to pay him in full and then bill your insurance provider on your own time. It also means no receptionist to screen his call so he answers both his office phone and his cellphone in the middle of sessions VERY VERY frequently. He does not have a lot of patience for questions or talk of feelings. He doesn't take you into account just your blood levels and your bipolar symptoms. You will gain weight and loose sleep on your drugs. He diagnosed 3 of my family members with bipolar disorder and had me convinced that my kids would suffer the same fate. He is extremely disrespectful to everyone & does not apologize for being arrogant and abrasive.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

Dr. Steven A. Weisblatt's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1984)