Ratings for Dr. David M. Schwartz

We had an awful experience w/ Dr. David Schwartz. My son had some awful ear pain. I was thinking it could be an ear infection, as he has suffered from multiple ear infections. Dr. D. Schwartz insisted it was not an ear infection.. prior to even looking inside his ears. Sure enough it was an ear infection, as a concerned mom I asked ?s & was told by Dr Schwartz I am annoying... Dr Dave has also made my son feel like he lacks intelligence. I would hate for anyone else to be treated this way.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Contacting their Roselle office over phone is a nightmare. We have called multiple times at their office number and each time we have been placed on a minimum 15 mins hold by default. When our call is finally answered we are told "the nurse is busy" if we need to speak to the nurse for any questions. For billing questions, the answer is "the billing person is on leave" or "the billing person is busy and cannot take calls" after a 15 min hold again. We tried contacting their billing person over a span of 4 weeks (3 calls each week) and never had our call returned or our queries answered!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Seems very friendly at first but ultimately made poor medical decisions that could have had serious consequence for our child. Two other doctors strongly disagreed with the course of treatment he elected, without any explanation of parental consent, and was arrogant, rude and unapologetic when politely confronted. His incompetence, lack of communication and poor medical judgment boarder on medical malpractice. We are still in shock at the treatment we received. Also, his communication skills are pathetic, which is troubling considering his profession. He will actually try to make you feel small and stupid, even if you are highly educated, polite and open with him. To top it off, the office staff gave us baby formula sample that was several months past expiration date. When we brought it back and politely suggested they must have had a mix up with the formula, they just shrugged it off as if nothing happened. They seemed to be perfectly comfortable with you feeding your newborn a formula that is SEVERAL months expired. We just couldn't believe it.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

I have been taking my two children to see Dr. Schwartz since they were toddlers and have repeatedly recommended him to my friends over the years. Dr Schwartz is a rare find these days; he is smart, well-informed and a compassionate listener who clearly loves what he does.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012

If your looking for a patient, understanding,compassionate doctor do not go here. Dr. Dave is incredibly rude, arrogant, and just plain mean.I took my 8 yr old son who has special needs there for a possible UTI. My son is very cautious and not very comfortable being touched/looked at in his private areas as he should be since we have drilled it into his head since he was little. Dr. Dave said directly to my son him that he doesn't have time for games and if he is going to be a pain don't bother coming back again. Words cannot begin to describe how angry and frustrated I am. As if my son who has emotional and behavioral problems needs another reason to be guarded and not trust. Needless to say we will NEVER return there.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2010

Dr. Dave and Dr. Sam both are competant doctors for normal-needs children. Been taking my 3 yo son there since birth, and now taking my newborn daughter. My son prefers Dr. Dave. I'm surprised by some of the negative comments here. Never been ordered an unnecessary test, bedside manner is OK. Dr. Dave used to get a little impatient when my son was a colicky infant and would scream his head off during the visit, but that noise was so horrible I can't fault anyone for getting frazzled by it. These doctors are both good about not over-prescribing antibiotics. Only complaints are, the office is TERRIBLE about over-booking patients, they have a same-day sick visit policy but the result is I often wait for 45+ minutes and totally destroy my children's patience and nap schedule. Also some of the staff in Bartlett have such thick accents that I can barely understand them. I prefer the Schaumburg office even though they don't have well/sick waiting rooms there.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

The staff are great and I like Dr. Sam, Dave's brother but Dr. Dave is very rude and impatient with children.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

I was not pleased by this office. I didn't appreciate the bedside manners of Dr. Dave. My child did not look foward to his visits there with good reason. I had him there for about 2 months.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Does too many lab tests that did not appear to be needed as far as the symptoms were indicating. Was unempathetic to parents. I personally don't feel that holding a 10 month old child down to a table and not letting the parents be over there while they try to get a urine sample is good practice. We left their practice after that.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Will never go back to him. Has own lab on premises and loves to order tests to run the bill up. Put my 3 month old baby thru too many tests. Went to another doctor and had a diagnosis in 10 minutes for what turned out to be a simple problem. He should not be practicing medicine. Do not bring your baby or child here unless you like them to be subject to many tests and needles.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2008

Dr. David M. Schwartz's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1985)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bartlett, IL