Ratings for Dr. Dennis G. Vollmer

Dr. Vollmer is an excellent neurosurgeon. He fixed my 3mm frontal lobe cerebral aneurysm in 2004, Hermann Hospital, Houston ,Texas. His PA took over after surgery. I had no problem with that because he had taken care of the main problem. Houston's loss is Colorado'Springs gain of an excellent neurosurgeon. Houston

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

I have had a very good experience with Dr. Vollmer. I had a previous surgery done by a very bad Denver Neurosurgeon who had botched the fusion and my hardware was loose (plus he couldn't figure out what my problem was). Dr. Vollmer detected this immediately after a CT scan and scheduled surgery to correct it. The surgery was successful and I have follow up visits with him often, due to the condition. He is patient, thoughtful and very thorough. I have seen 3 different Neurosurgeons in Denver and Vollmer is by far the best.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Contrary to the two negative reviews, my experience with Dr. Vollmer was completely the opposite. I have no problem with the PA use - that is what PAs are for. My experience from checkin with the office staff, surgery, to eventual release was wonderful. My pain was relieved in my spine, and I was back to work in 3 weeks.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

dr failed to tell type of clip on anneuysm and patient cannot get needed mri

flag | Submitted March 21, 2009

I strongly advise AGAINST using this doctor. While his creditials appear positive, my experience was terrible! He relies entirely too much on his physician's assistant. Neither Vollmer nor his PA listen well to what the patient has to say. In my case, I ended up contracting MRSA (the resistant infection common in large hospitals) and they continued to NOT believe me when I insisted there was something wrong post operatively. Finally, my neurosurgeon had the sense to call in an Infectious Diseases doctor who cultured it proving I was correct all along. Not only this, but I eventually found out the surgery was done incorrectly resulting in my having to endure emergency surgery later to repair the damage he had done. I can only speak for myself, but I rarely saw the man in spite of being hospitalized for many weeks post-op. He didn't even see me when I specifically requested to see him rather than his PA!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2007

Dr. Dennis G. Vollmer's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1979)

AARP