Ratings for Dr. Anna Alshansky

My son was suffering for months with chronic motion sickness, sweating, dilated pupils. She had no diagnosis, but sent him to vestibular rehab. He got much worse, terribly ill. When we returned she said 'I didn't really think it would work anyway.'. I was stunned. I was dragging a suffering child to rehab twice a week for 6 weeks for nothing! It was not just what she said, it was the callousness of her demeanor that was so hurtful. She had no recommendations, no referrals, she simply escorted me out and let me know I did not need to come back. ps- My son's condition was finally diagnosed. It IS neurological. She is not only heartless, but a lousy doctor.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

I just want to say my son deserves the best and it hurts when it feels like the doctor is just their to get paid not reallly caring for thier patients. No communication to her patients what so ever, also to find out that she left the state perminantly when i went to an previous appt. just want the best for my son but i wouldnt recomment her at all to anyone . Many people told me yet i didnt listen.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

The worst bedside manner I ever. Office staff canceled my appointment by leaving a message at the wrong number, then was rude to me when we showed up on time to our appointment. When we finally got in, Alshansky was rude to us, rough with my infant son, and had the nerve to respond to one of my questions with "he has brain damage, what do you expect?" We left office in the middle of the appointment and found a new neurologist. I wouldn't bring a dog to see her. It's a shame she is also the pediatric neurologist associated with Danbury hospital. After a trip to the ER where we found out they were planning on calling her in, we left the hospital rather then see her. An ER staff member actually told us, "I don't blame you!" It is amazing this woman is allowed near children!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

Making an appointment is very difficult. Not once I get someone to answer the call; always needed to leave a message. This office seems more concerning about their appointments than the patients. The doctor and the staff practiced according to a process not with their hearts. I don't feel any passion from them. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

This doctor should not be able to practice medicine.She almost cost me my life.I spent a 2 hour consult with her. She is as rude as she is incompedent. She doesn't listen.Do not put your life in the hands of this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

I felt Dr. Alshansky was dismissive of our comments and she did not benefit my child who we brought to her with concerns of ADHD.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

Extremely helpful for our child who required major head surgery. Took us in with his twin brother when the doctor suspected there was an issue with him immediately. Absolutely love her and would recommend her to anyone, Very reassuring, she may seem brusque but really is not, great with children.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

She was extremly rude and told me the 3 Dr who told me my daughter had RLS were all wrong. Very rude and standoffish. Barely let me speak. I actually told her I didn't want to finish the appointment and left.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2009

poor "bedside manners"; almost rude

flag | Submitted February 3, 2009

Dr. Alshansky could not answer our questions, regarding our son's condition, to my satisfaction. I too, felt the appointment was rushed and not very thorough.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2008

Dr. Anna Alshansky's Credentials

• Leningrad Pediatric Med Inst, Leningrad, Russia (Grad. 1983)