You may also like

Rate Dr. Leo D. Galland

Dr. Leo D. Galland's Ratings

Dr. Galland is a special kind of doctor. Aside from his vast knowledge and ability to think outside what the "experts" and textbooks tell you, he can effectively combine traditional and natural approaches for a whole wellness approach. I completely disagree with the previous poster as Galland spent a fair amount of time with me learning about my particular situation. I'm on a 2nd synergistic regimen that's become very effective at dealing with chronic lyme and co-infections. If you want to take your life into your own hands just go onto your medical plan website and pick a doctor out of a hat they're pretty much a dime a dozen in my experiences. If you have something hard to treat that needs a specialist it's going to cost you but what in this world is more important than your health?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2891059].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2015

Overrated and EXPENSIVE. Doesn't take the time, he churns through patients in 20 minute appointments (and is always late - which is a slap in the face when he requires a 4 business day cancellation to not be charged!) His staff can be outright rude. As for care, he prescribes one-size-fits-all approaches from his background as an integrated nutritionist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2839334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Overrated and EXPENSIVE. He churns through people in 20 minute sessions and really only prescribes one-size-fits-all approaches... Disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2839316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I was so fortunate to my parents and Dr Leo Galland...you change my life I was gravely ill went to doctor to doctor to doctor....he listens and helps but you must help yourself....if you want to depend on medical drugs it has side effects that's your choice if you wish to find out how your body functions and how to treat it to avoid negative medical situations Dr Galland can find the way...I was dating someone and a doctor told him he was gravely ill and told him he had many issues I sent him to Dr Galan he called me to tell me immediately of how wonderful he was and in the end he didn't have any problems but they made him think he had problems....I myself was unaware of my food allergies and is method of finding out what foods you are allergic to a more accurate...today I'm a very healthy person...and yesterday I was not healthy person...I saw everything he tells me to do I've had to visited him in my lifetime and if I need to I call him for office is it on the phone with our busy schedules....but he's always there to help me and I'm always grateful that my mother and father found him...I strongly recommend him and his excellent approach to healing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2807408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

After struggling with health issues for more than a year, it was suggested by a neighbor of mine, to get in touch with Dr. Galland. By this time my unusual symptoms were not getting better, I had been to other doctors and was not getting anywhere. Dr. Galland's fees were enormous-- over a thousand for the first visit and following that $600.00 for 20 minutes of his time and $200.00 for 10 minutes of his time. But, when you're seriously unwell you'll do just about anything, including emptying your savings account, especially the doctor is known to be an amazing healer. Well, I'm glad to read that he's successfully helped others but that was not the case with me. In fact, he seemed to only understand part of the issues I am going through. Perhaps, if I'd seen him in person rather than speaking to him over the phone (that's how he handles patients in summer) he would have given me more time, effort and consideration. I was often left waiting and waiting for our scheduled call-- it seems that every time we were scheduled to speak he was a half hour to over an hour late. This was not my only disapointment-- after giving me a treatment which only made one of my symptoms dramatically worse, he sent me off to another specialist because he said he didn't know how to help me. This is the best thing he did as far as I'm concerned. I am now in the care of two wonderful doctors-- Dr. Falk and Dr. Teich who are kind, patient, thoughtful and are not charging ludicrous fees.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2665374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

Dr. Galland has made a huge and unmeasurable difference in my life and the life of my family. After years of searching for a diagnosis, Dr. Galland correctly diagnosed my daughter, my sister, and me --- all of us having complicated and different autoimmune diseases caused by Lyme disease. Dr. Galland was the only doctor to seriously and empathetically listen to my daughter each and every time she went t him. It took her four years to fully recover, and Dr. Galland never gave up on her, always searching for the root causes of her illness. He is in great demand and therefore a very busy man, but he always got back to me by te end of the day if I called and always took my call if it was an emergency, even when he was on vacation. He treats me as a partner in developing a treatment, demonstrating respect and compassion. I feel so fortunate my family found him and he continues to treat me to this day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2644943].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2014

I had a a great experience with an endochrine issue in my teenage daughter that Galland helped us clear up without drugs or surgery
He used common sense to halp her get better instead of jumping to severe means.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588894].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Saved my daughter's health!!! She was in constant pain, had been to many doctors that prescribed heavy duty drugs. She is doing extremely well now and not taking any medications!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2537405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

I suffered for months with troubling neurological symptoms including vertigo, headaches, memory problems, and overall brain fog. I saw top specialists in NYC, none of whom could diagnose me, and ended up being told, by exclusion, that I had a migraine disorder. As a last resort I came to Dr. Galland. He's expensive, and the additional tests can be costly, but it is completely worth every penny. After taking a more sophisticated test for Lyme disease (I had tested negative on the traditional antibody test ordered by my primary care doctor) we found that I did, in fact, have the disease. I expect recovery from late-stage Lyme will take time, but I have every confidence in Dr. Galland's capable hands. If you are suffering with complicated symptoms and keep getting unsatisfactory answers, Dr. Galland is absolutely the person to see.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1740961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2013

I have been getting treated for late-stage Lyme. I can tell you that Dr.Galland is amazing. He has taken my tearful calls on weekends, in the middle of the night and seen me in his office immediately when I needed it. While expensive, he has tried every way to keep costs down and has even gone so far to partner with a dr. that takes my insurance so I get quality care under his guidance. I find him extremely personable and not cold or aloof as others have mentioned. I find him extremely empathic and Sandra, on his staff, is always concerned and caring when I call or visit. If you have a complicated problem, particularly something like Lyme, I can't recommend him enough.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1740960].votes_count ]]