Ratings for Dr. Joseph S. Eastern

Disregard outdated reviews regarding wait times - that issue is much improved - and you're seeing a DOCTOR, not a PA like everywhere else. I'll wait to see a real, board-certified doctor and so should you. He's the best in the whole area, no question.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Never on time. 920am appt. He walked into the office at 930am. It's 1120am I'm still waiting to be seen.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

I agree with others here who have bemoaned the ridiculous wait times. It seems like the minimum wait time is an hour. Then he rushes through the appointment without giving details about your problem unless you ask a bunch of questions. The whole experience smacks of his disrespect for his patients and their time. He is overbooking, resulting in long wait times and rushed service. I went to him for four visits for an issue with my daughter and a separate issue with myself. I will not be returning to his practice.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

The wait is horrible!!! I understand you have to wait a short time not 2 hours only to be seen for 5 minutes.. He has no respect for people's time. It's not like he's seeing me for free I'm paying for a service. Then once your seen he gives you no explanation of what's wrong with you just a prescription. The meds he gave me didn't work on my problem at all. It's just a waste of my time. I can understand you wait once in awhile but not every single time you come. I definitely would not recommend this place at all.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Yes, admitedly there is a long wait but honestly believe it will improve. The staff is extremely cordial. Dr Eastern spends the time necessary to offer a proper diagnosis and prescribe treatment. His scripts are pre-typed...this offers expediency and avoids errors at the pharmacy.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Long waiting times, has no respect for patients. You are lucky if you can get to talk to him for a min after 2 hours waiting! Doesn't approve refill unless you make another visit to office, that means you have to waste more time, wait another 2 hours and pay for an another office visit. Doesn't answer your questions, hands out printed scripts about your condition. You get more information on google than Dr Eastern and at least you don't waste hours waiting!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

During a previous vist I had to leave to get to work because Dr. Eastern kept me waiting too long. This time I called at least a month in advance and asked how to avoid waiting so long. I was told to schedule and 8:00 am appt, on a Friday. I did that. I was the first patient in the office at 7:45. They took me in at about 8:20 (what takes so long?) and I then waited in the examining room until 9:20 when I finially had to leave yet again to get to work. If a Doctor has so little respect for my time and for me as a patient then I am concerned about his overall quality of care.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

I've gone multiple times and it's always the same story. Long wait times (2 hours last time) with a consultation lasting a minute or two. No real explanation for what your receiving or what your afflicted by. Unless you have no job and the freedom to spend half a day at a dermatologist I would advise to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

If you want to waste your time this is the doctor to see... I know everyone has a different needs, I did not mind the two hours wait, but the doctor comes would not even touch you and just hand you a paper you have to be kidding me. Not that i have any open wounds or anything but if its such a concern put on your hazard precaution and maybe you will spend more than a minute on me. What a shame. The clinic needs some cleaning too. Clean those suction machine. Go somewhere else!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Dr. Eastern was my derma for 5 YEARS. Treated acne, suspicious moles, nonspecific patchy dry skin. First thing is first, wait is absurd. Seems to pack in more appointments than he can take in one day, and then everybody waits. One time nurse took me into an exam room, as I walked by his office, saw him sitting there reading a magazine. I was stunned. Do that on your own time! On a good day, I only have to wait 1.5 hours in the waiting room, then 15-20 mins for a nurse in an exam room and another 20 mins to finally see the doctor for all of 3 mins. I spend more time talking to the nurse! Doc never looks at me, never swabs - only looks at my FILE and picks a prewritten scrip off the wall. Had me on the same course of antibiotics for two straight years, led to me getting antibiotic-resistant gram-negative folliculitis which seems can ONLY be treated with accutane. Thanks a lot, doc, was trying to avoid accutane. Nurses are good but his receptionists are RUDE. They've even HUNG UP on me!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

Dr. Joseph S. Eastern's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, San Francisco, Sch Of Med, San Francisco Ca 94143 (Grad. 1977)

Workers Comp