Dr. Joseph E. Pena

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Joseph E. Pena

I loved Dr. Pena and his staff at the W.Islip location, especially his head nurse Jessica. She was always kind, extremely patient and helpful! I first saw Dr. Pena in May, it is now November and I'm pleased to say that I am 10 weeks pregnant, after the 1st IUI. Dr. Pena was quick to diagnose me with PCOS and start my treatment, as my husband and I have been trying to conceive our 2nd child for almost 2 years now. I'm very sad to be leaving his office now and transferring to my normal OBGYN. I would recommend Dr. Pena to anyone trying to get pregnant.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Less than a year ago, my husband and I walked through the doors at the West Islip IVF office and it was the best decision we ever made. After no success at getting pregnant for years, we met with Dr. Pena. Right from the start at the consultation visit, he made us feel comfortable, spent time explaining the process and was available at any time from that point forward to answer our questions in a timely manner. Dr. Pena is also very lucky to have such a great team of staff to work with; Jessica our head nurse, has been extremely helpful throughout the 2 IUIs and 2 IVF cycles. All of the staff in the office have been very kind as well. We are now 7 weeks pregnant and couldn’t be happier with our experience with Dr. Pena and his staff!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Dr. Pena is knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. He promptly responds to questions and concerns & is by far the best Dr. in the practice. Peggy the office manager of the Patchogue branch is always friendly & a lot of fun..

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

I would like to thank Dr. Pena and the rest of his Long Island IVF staff. There are no words or I should say that I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Pena. We have gone through multiple IUI (5) and IVF (2) cycles with other physicians then we decided to see Dr. Pena. Dr. Pena’s level of professionalism and friendliness to his patients is outstanding. His approach is different, my husband and I felt the most comfortable and we know that we are well taken care of when we started to see him. Going through infertility treatments can be tedious but Dr. Pena was always on top and he always gives us updates on what to do and also he will respond to questions and emails promptly. He also has flexible hours and if he is away he will have awesome attending doctors to see you in case there is an emergency or a medical concern that needs to be addressed. I would highly recommend Dr. Pena if you are trying and having a hard time conceiving a baby. We are finally pregnant with our first “babies“, there are no words on how grateful we are to Dr. Pena and his staff. It took us and other doctors 6 years and it only took Dr. Pena months to figure out on what’s going on. Again Thank you Dr. Pena

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Over the past year, Dr. Pena and the East Patchogue office have become like family to me. His expertise in this field and general manner made me confident in my choice to approach this "obstacle" with a bit more confidence than I normally would. It also helps that the entire staff at the location are courteous, upbeat ,sweet and funny. I have the upmost respect for everyone there and everything they do for SOOO many patients on a regular basis. I would recommend Dr. Pena (and have already) to anyone struggling with infertility issues. There is something really special about him. -Randi

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Dr. Pena is a wonderful physician with extraordinary experience and knowledge. Thought-out my painful 3 year process he provided great recommendations that lead to success. I’m extremely grateful to him!! He provided great care!! and I have recommended him to so many of my friends !!! Also LONG ISLAND IVF have the most amazing staff, Karen the IVF nurse, Jessica RN, Mitch billing, Crystal tech, and Erica front desk , and all the nurses in the other offices that I can’t remember their names were fabulous and amazing!!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Dr. Pena and his staff were amazing to us while we encountered both ups and downs during this journey. I felt that when I had a question or issue, and reached out, my concerns were addressed promptly. I was given my options with explanations and was confident with my decisions when it was time to make them. It is a very personal experience and I was happy to have shared it with Dr. Pena and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Extremely grateful for Dr. Pena and his staff. He took the time to explain our options and always made us feel comfortable and trusting in the process. Nurse Jessica is wonderful, always there to answer my questions and really seemed to care. Would definitely recommend this practice to anyone struggling with infertility.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr. Pena and his staff were great and so knowledgeable. I really felt like they cared about me.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Dr. piña and staff at Long Island IVF were great. They answered all questions we had, returned phone calls promptly and made appointments go smoothly.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2017

Dr. Joseph E. Pena's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Joseph Peña graduated with a B.S. Degree in Biology, summa cum laude from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York. Recipient of the prestigious Roland Walker Prize for outstanding academic achievement and promise of a successful career," Dr. Peña received his medical degree from the New York University School of Medicine in New York. He completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the esteemed oldest hospital in the United States, Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia, where he also served as Administrative Chief Resident. Dr. Peña then completed his fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the prestigious Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, where he so greatly impressed, he stayed on as faculty as Assistant Professor at the highly regarded Center for Women’s Reproductive Care at Columbia University before joining East Coast Fertility in 2004. Dr. Peña is board-certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility, and has numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals. For Dr. Peña, the field of reproductive medicine is a good day-to-day mix of office infertility practice, surgery, and reproductive endocrinology using the most advanced technologies to help patients resolve their family-building challenges.

• Tagalog

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1996)

GHI