Dr. Joseph E. Pena

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Joseph E. Pena

Dr. Pena and his staff have been pleasant to work with. Infertility diagnosis and treatment can be a draining process. Dr. Pena is very informative and helps guide you through your options, but ultimately allows you to make the decisions that are right for you. Be ready and friendly for the many early mornings! I can happily say that after two rounds of IUI we are expecting our first child!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

I CAN NOT say enough wonderful things about this Dr & staff!! They are so kind & knowledgeable. They take the time to explain things to you and really care for you and what you are going thru. After one round of IVF we are so happy to say we are pregnant. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Pena & staff 100 times over !!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr. Pena and his staff and friendly and understanding. I was lucky enough to become pregnant on my first round of IUI in his office, his methods are well thought out and effective. My daughter is nearly one year old now and I am looking forward to working with Dr. Pena again to give her a little brother or sister. I have a girlfriend who has been undergoing fertility treatments in Manhattan for over a year with no success, I have finally convinced her that the reverse commute will be entirely worth it to see Dr. Pena and start her family.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

Dr. Pena & Staff are some of the friendliest, honest & Kindest people I could have asked for during one of the toughest challenges of my life. Dr. Pena & staff makes you feel welcomed & explains all of your options for the treatment of infertility in detail as well as what may or may not be covered by insurance & the financial options available to help you achieve your goal of becoming a parent. Staff will go above & beyond if you are having trouble with insurance or receiving medications in a timely manner as well. I am thoroughly pleased with the medical care and attention I received & highly recommend Dr. Pena (& his staff) to anyone who is struggling with infertility.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Staff is very kind and helpful, you get to know them well after going there many mornings. With all their help and dedication, we are happy to say that we are pregnant after going there for 3 months and trying on our own for over a year! Thank you Dr. Pena and your amazing staff!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

Words can't even express how grateful I am for Dr. Pena. He and his staff are extremely knowledgeable, warm and welcoming. I have been struggling to get pregnant for 4 years after having my daughter. I have PCOS, and with the hormonal imbalance, i was lucky to have conceived on our own. After I had my daughter, We finally got pregnant again 2 years later, but had a miscarriage. So after trying on our own for another 2 years... I decided it was time to get some help, and made that phone call to Long Island IVF. I was nervous, skeptical .. but hopeful. I am so happy I met Dr Pena. He made all my worries go away and changed my life.. after my first and only IUI, we are pregnant !!!!!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

We started our infertility treatment at another, well-known clinic in Manhattan. Unfortunately, we had a negative experience there, including two unnecessary surgeries. We began treatment with Dr. Pena and his wonderful LI IVF team at W. Islip . After one round of IVF, I am pregnant! Dr. Pena is kind, knowledgeable, and incredibly accessible. He answers my (frequent, sometimes panicked!) emails within an hour. The entire office runs smoothly, and there is great communication from the nurses, financial staff, and techs. Dr. Pena and his staff truly guide you through this difficult process, and we had amazing results with him.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

After several failed IUIs at another practice we chose Dr.Peña’soffice and got pregnant on our driest cycle. The office staff is wonderful and Dr. Peña was patient and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2018

After a year and a half of trying my husband and I started our infertility journey in June of 2017 with Dr. Peña in the West Islip office after being highly recommended from a close family friend. From our very first consultation appointment Dr. Peña made us feel extremely comfortable and well informed with the journey ahead of us. My husband and I left our first appointment knowing we found the Dr. who would help us finally get our miracle. After our first IUI didn’t work Dr. Peña reassured us there was still hope. We found ourselves pregnant after our second IUI and couldn’t be happier. I also cannot forget to mention how wonderful the head nurse Jessica is. She is always there when you need her. Jessica has always been sweet and had an answer to any questions or concerns I had. Lorraine from the Melville location did both of our IUI procedures. Both times she was always concerned about my comfort and made me feel like I was in good hands. My husband and I are extremely thankful for Dr. Peña and his staff at both the West Islip and Melville location. We know we couldn’t have got pregnant without them and they will always be highly recommended from us.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

Dr. Pena, Jessica, and staff are efficient, informative, and treat every patient like family. My wife and I initially chose Dr Pena because of the convenience of his W Islip office. We soon discovered that Dr Pena was more than just convenient. He's extremely knowledgeable and thorough, calm and assuring. I'd highly recommend Dr. Pena and his staff at LI IVF-W Islip to anyone looking for a positive experience and successful journey.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Dr. Joseph E. Pena's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Joseph Peña graduated with a B.S. Degree in Biology, summa cum laude from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York. Recipient of the prestigious Roland Walker Prize for outstanding academic achievement and promise of a successful career," Dr. Peña received his medical degree from the New York University School of Medicine in New York. He completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the esteemed oldest hospital in the United States, Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia, where he also served as Administrative Chief Resident. Dr. Peña then completed his fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the prestigious Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, where he so greatly impressed, he stayed on as faculty as Assistant Professor at the highly regarded Center for Women’s Reproductive Care at Columbia University before joining East Coast Fertility in 2004. Dr. Peña is board-certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility, and has numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals. For Dr. Peña, the field of reproductive medicine is a good day-to-day mix of office infertility practice, surgery, and reproductive endocrinology using the most advanced technologies to help patients resolve their family-building challenges.

• Tagalog

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1996)