Dr. Janet M. Dougherty

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Janet M. Dougherty

Dr. Dougherty was curt and not friendly; I never felt that way with a doctor before. I had been going to another doctor who used to be in this practice who was better. The overall practice is concerned about making money and several in the staff are quite rude. It increasingly goes down hill. First I could see the doctor for more than 1 thing. Once I got charged for an extended visit because I asked a few questions not specifically related to my visit. Next time I asked about something outside the main visit purpose & was told to schedule another appt because I didn't tell them ahead of time so they could schedule in a longer time slot. Next time, I tried to schedule for 2 things and was told had to schedule 2 separate visits! I have never had any other doctor have all these rules about what can and cannot be discussed again. The staff acts like they are the customer doing YOU a favor. I've found another doctor who doesn't play all these games and their office staff is very nice.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

Fantastic doctor! I was looking for a new primary physician because my previous doctor moved. I found this practice in Burke and I had my annual physical there very recently. The staff was very polite; the nurse was absolutely charismatic and very kind. Finally I met Dr. Dougherty. She was very knowledgeable; she spent enough time discussing questions and concerns. I think Dr. Dougherty is the type of doctor we all should have.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

Dr. Dougherty is my primary care physician. She is great and has always listened and eased any concerns I have had. I am no longer required to use a primary care physician with my new insurance policy, but I continue to use her because I trust her judgement and have found that she is extremely knowledgable on a variety of different issues.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2009

Excellent bedside manner, very pleasant to work with!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

Dr. Dougherty is great. She's very empathetic and caring. She goes over all your symptoms and takes time to listen. Her staff is also just as helpful.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2007

Dr. Janet M. Dougherty's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

HealthPartners