Ratings for Dr. ALLA Lerner-Brandon

I have been seeing Dr. Lerner Brandon for over 7 yrs and she's the greatest thing that ever happened to me. A psychiatrist doesn't need to be all warm and fuzzy in order to treat you successfully. She is extremely knowledgable and very good at what she does. At one point she called me from home because I was having a major break down. She has since moved from Commonwealth Counselling and is at Memorial Regional Medical Center which is almost an hour from my house but I would follow her anywhere!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

After reading these other comments (granted they are 3-5 years old) I am shocked. I have seen Dr. Lerner-Brandon about 4 times in the past three months. She is very knowledgable and helped me understand my conditions and explained why she was choosing a specific treatment plan and wanted my opinion on it to ensure I was comfortable with it. However she mainly deals with medications. She listens to my issues and concerns but has told me that once we get myself stable on medications that I need to start counseling as well. No, she is not overly friendly but you have to keep in mind that she is Russian and their demeanor differs from the typical American. She strives for patient satisfaction and urges me to call her if there any changes with my condition. I live a mile from her current office but she is moving to Memorial Regional all the way in Mechanicsville and I will most definitely follow her to her new office.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

My own experience with Dr. Lerner-Brandon has been positive. She sometimes is a little distant, but she has also shown concern over getting my condition under control. I think her focus is on the medical side of the Mental Health issue, and people need to bear that in mind...if you're wanting to talk through personal issues (beyond how they may be impacting your symptoms) you need to seek counseling. She is on top of changes in my condition, continually tells me to get in contact with her if my condition worsens, and her focus is on getting my condition stabilized. I'm very satisfied with her as a doctor. Staff has been pleasant, not overly friendly, but certainly competent.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Lerner-Brandon for about 6 months and my only regret is not having seen her sooner. I found her from my insurance and for me she works. I find her to be interested in what's going on with me and stays on top of my medicines. She is also understanding about my appts due to pay.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

Have been seeing her for about a year and the comments about her are true. She is neither compassionate nor sympathetic but that did not matter to me, I have a therapist and she is everything that Dr. Lerner-Brandon is not. Today, however, Dr.Lerner-Brandon acted very passive-agressive towards me and got defensive when I asked about the frequency of visits. She told me I could go elsewhere. I told her money was an issue and she suggested a free clinic. A conversation I had with her desk staff was miscommunicated to her and they said that I said the visits were a "waste of my time," I never spoke these words or even inferred this. I told her as much and she brushed it off. When I still felt as if the air was not clear I said, "I feel misrepresented here" and she asked "What's the problem?" Today she treated me with a lack of respect and worst than that, she couldn't have an honest, direct, adult conversation with me about something that bothered her. My trust in her is gone.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

I visited her a few weeks ago for the first time. I did not find her rude, but she wasn't warm and friendly. I had an hour appt. with her and she sat behind her desk the entire time writing down every word I said. I did feel like she was listening to me, but VERY distant. She never cracked a smile, so this made me uncomfortable. However, being a medical professional myself, I did find her competent and her medical and pharmaceutical knowledge spot on. She is not a counselor, but I felt like she is steering me in the right direction. I prefer someone who is a little more interactive and compassionate, but I have my counselor for that.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011

She was not nice or compassionate the first time but not rude. The second times I was shocked. She was downright rude, sarcastic, and I have never dealt with anyone like this before. She degrades you right to your face. I held my hand out and said nice to meet you and she refused to shake my hand. She acted like she was superior to everyone. I have never seen anyone this arrogant before. She was wearing a pair of jeans and a rhinestone jacket. She was an embarrassment to the profession dressed like that but I still gave her a chance again and again. She had her hair dyed two different colors and looked like a lady of the evening. But in all honesty, it did not matter had she been polite, friendly, efficient and not demeaning. Had she lacked any compassion, bedside manner, was not arrogant, etc., the dress would not have been any issue.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

First visit negative. Thought it could have been partially me so I saw her a 2nd time. I still did not feel comfortable with her manner. When I checked in at the 3rd visit the receptionist told me I was late and owed a late fee (I was five minutes early for what I had down as the time for the appt). The dr came out and told me she did not have time to see me and if i could prove my appt was scheduled for the time i said the appt was for (15 min after what they said my scheduled appt was for) i would not be charged the fee. That was a very cold response and did not show any concern for me as a patient who showed up for an appt. What if I had had a flat tire on the way to the appt? Would I still be charged a fee? Very disappointed and would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

I have had terrible experiences with Dr. Lerner - Brandon. She is cold and lacks compassion.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009

This doctor is not very friendly. I was a new patient this week. If you need someone with any bedside manner, you need to find a different doctor!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2007