Ratings for Dr. Jeffery S. Gerdes

Dr. Jeffery Gerdes said he removed 90% of my brain tumor but it was later determined at the MAYO that he just did a biopsy. I had to have a second surgery at the MAYO in Rochester, MN because the tumor was not resected like previously stated by this doctor. The Neurosergon Ian Parney had no problem removing the entire tumor. Jeffery Gerdes said that there was infiltration from the tumor left over after surgery. The MAYO removed the entire tumor and deemed it a total gross disection and removed 100% of a non infiltrating tumor. DO NOT TRUST Dr. Jeffery Geredes, with about as much personality as DR. House his skills showed the same lack of concern. He did not take the time necessary to complete a successful total gross resection. The Surgery lasted only 1 hr and 20 minutes which is less time than the average biopsy of 2 hours takes.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2012

He was very helpful in explaining the procedure he was going to perform andexplained everything til it was understanded

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

DOC GERDES IS ONE OF MY BEST DOC,S. HE HAS HELPED ME BEABLE TO FUNCTION FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS. HE JUST TELLS YOU WHAT YOU NEED AND GETS IT DONE. I THINK THE WORLD OF HIM. HE IS ONE OF MY BEST DOCTORS. I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT HIM AND HIS STAFF. VIRGINIA OLSON

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

I had surgery on my back only after two years of physical therapy, rehab medicine, etc.. and after getting 3 opinions. Unfortunately with Dr. Gerdes 1 surgery turned into 5 and has made my life miserable. I now have multi-level adhesive arachnoiditis. Also, after the last surgery, Dr. Gerdes didn't complete the orders for pain medication and the hospital nursing staff decided that I had received enough medicine in the recovery area and refused to contact him for the rest of the order until 3 am. I would like to invite any one of them to have major surgery without pain medication and see what the effect is, the memory tends to remain with you. But Dr. Gerdes strolled in the next morning with no apology and acted like nothing happened, I also had to ask him to please tell the nurses to give me the dose that he ordered since they were only giving half of it. It is still hard to talk about the experience, even after over 4 years, without getting teary eyed and feeling anxious.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Not the most compassionate person. Not helpfull and not very good bedside manner

flag | Submitted February 3, 2008

Dr. Gerdes preformed surgery on me one day and the next morning his assistant came in and wanted to know if I wanted to go home. I hadn't been let out of bed yet!! The space that contains the spinal fluid was slightly cut and patched so I was on 24 hour bed rest. The nurses didn't even know why I had to stay in bed that long without getting up.Oviously the doctors assistant wasn't informed of this either or I wouldn't have been given the option of going home. Dr.Gerdes is probably a good doctor, but I have a few misgivings about him.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2007

Dr. Jeffery S. Gerdes's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)