You may also like

Rate Dr. Anthony Auyeung

Dr. Anthony Auyeung's Ratings

I have nothing but glowing things to say about Dr. Auyeung and my experience at his facility. I am of advanced maternal age and we wasted 3 years at a busy downtown clinic, mired in administrative delays, repeated overtesting, unnecessary/failed procedures, and excessively drawn out timelines. I was with Dr. Auyeung for just under 3 months from consult to discharge, and within the first two months I did a round of cycle monitoring, a round of IVF, and successfully became pregnant. TWO MONTHS. Because of Dr. Auyeung’s skill, efficiency, and attitude, I feel as though my husband and I got our lives back. At Dr. Auyeung’s practice, unlike the previous administrative nightmare, every single step was smooth and easy. We had been led to believe our problem was complex and insurmountable, and Dr. A made it clear that it was totally straightforward. He immediately identified previous errors in treatment and revised our protocol accordingly. Doing a round of IVF with Dr. Auyeung was almost a pleasure! He is kind, affable, funny, and genuinely invested in your comfort and treatment. He does not fleece his patients—the rates are lower than many clinics, and he performs only the services needed and dispenses only the drugs that are absolutely necessary so you are not overcharged (or over-medicated!). He will never engage in excessively long, cookie-cutter protocols that waste your time. His staff are fantastic. I noticed some complaints below, but I think those reviewers misunderstand. Greer, who is lovely and wonderful, and who felt like a friend by the end, has a very dry sense of humour, which perhaps was misinterpreted. Everyone there knows who you are and is familiar with your file. All staff are friendly, competent, helpful, and a pleasure to be around. The atmosphere is laid-back and friendly—they play Jazz FM in the waiting room! Dr. A spends a great deal of time with his patients (our initial consult was about two hours); he makes you feel like a person and not just a patient. If you have come from a previous clinic, he reviews your file carefully and takes into account every salient point before creating a protocol. I saw Dr. A. almost every time I came into the clinic—he will often be present for your ultrasound procedures. He often calls you personally with your results (usually in the evening—he works hard!) and answers the phone at the clinic; checks up on you regularly throughout and after your IVF process; and makes sure you are comfortable, mentally and physically, with all procedures and decisions. He gives you a great deal of detail regarding procedures and results so there is never any confusion, and when there is, he explains everything clearly without dumbing it down. I am incredibly grateful to have found Dr. Auyeung and for the relief and joy he and his team brought to our lives. My only regret is not having come to him sooner. Thank you Dr. Auyeung!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2894441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2015

He helped me get pregnant within two weeks of seeing him he sent me to do a series of tests

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2892990].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2015

Dr. Auyeung helped us conceive our 2nd baby! I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility at a another clinic I was going to for 9 months. Dr. Auyeung was able to isolate the source of the issue and recommended suitable treatment plans. He never pushed a treatment on us, in fact, he always cautioned us to think through each decision. He was knowledgeable, direct, patient and passionate - I felt he genuinely wanted to help us and I never felt like a number there. Also, the wait times were reasonable compared to the last clinic…this helped a lot to juggle my work schedule and Dr appointments. Dr. Auyeung and his staff (Greer and Lily) were welcoming and professional and I can't thank them enough for the miracle growing in my stomach. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2887943].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2015

Dr Auyeung is a very good doc. He knows what he is talking about. Only downside I have about him is his staff.
Main lady is just not very nice to deal with. And the rest of the stuff is ok!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2852279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

He is by far one of the best specialists in Toronto. Him and his staff will treat you really well and you know that when you come in to their clinic, that everyone of them know you, and that you're not just one of those patients. He helped us start a family, and for that I will be forever grateful. Up until now, I cam't stop recommending him to my friends and colleagues and every people I came across to when I know they're having difficulties starting a family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2845530].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I am incredibly thankful to have found D.Auyeung and his clinic. No other doctor will spend more time with you and at his clinic you will not be just another file. He will know you personally and this will ensure nothing critical is missed. After a 5 year struggle, many miscarriages and failed IFV's we finally had a baby boy!!!!
We are now in the process in trying for baby#2 and I would not go anywhere else.
I also wanted to mention that dr.Auyeung does not usually treat immune issues for miscarriages unless you truly have an immune disorder. Other doctors try controversial and unproven treatments and they did not work for us. It was a waste of time and money. I had my baby without any immune treatments just like dr.A recommended.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2713220].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2015

I have been meaning to come on this site to provide feedback on Dr. A. Quick summary of fertility history-spent two years at the Ottawa Fertility Center ("OFC") which mediocre-at-best service (generally involved lots of waiting and being passed off to whoever was on-call, staff ranging from good to disinterested and disengaged). The doctor there spent a whole of 15-20 minutes on the 'consultation (including the physical) and disregarded past medical issues and surgeries (and hence misdiagnosis). After 1.5 years, complete loss of faith in the medical system and thousands of dollars lost-I finally did due diligence and decided to come to Toronto for treatment. I researched several clinics and decided to go with Dr. A. The initial consult was almost three hours-a proper diagnosis was provided (taking into account genetic illness and surgeries on my end), as well as genetic testing was done (overlooked at the other clinic). The results were such that with a VERY minor change in protocol, my egg yield doubled. In the end, I determined to pursue another option not wanting to pass on a potentially serious genetic ailment BUT I have to say I cannot but provide rave reviews for both Dr. A or the staff at his clinic. Dr. A is knowledgeable, thorough, kind, direct, extremely dedicated and hard working. Dr. A was always there (including weekends!) and able to answer any questions. His staff are wonderful-kind, friendly and helpful. If you are seeking a clinic with really personalized, customized 'service', this is the place to go.....and in my experience certainly beats the larger "corporate" clinics with multiple doctors on staff, less personal time with your doctor, rotating nursing staff and long waits.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2700133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

Thank you so much to all the staff and Dr. A. Without their help, we would not have our beautiful twins.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2659892].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2014

Dr. Auyeung and his staff are excellent. My wife and I are older. We struggled to get pregnant and spent several years seeing other physicians unsuccessfully. One of these physicians even elected to perform unnecessary surgery on a supposed blocked tube. He later informed us the procedure was unsuccessful due to damage...which my wife was made to feel was her fault. On a strong recommendation from a friend, we decided to try one more time with Dr. Auyeung. He quickly identified the main issue. A cyst (I like to joke and tell people my wife had a tumor) which tricked my wife's body into thinking she was lactating. Even having to address some other concerns...within 6 months, we became pregnant. Today, we have two beautiful, healthy and clever little girls thanks to Dr. Auyeung, his staff and a considerate friend and her recommendation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2627163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

Dr Auyeung is very knowledgeable, helpful and sensitive/empathetic given the number of patients he sees each day. He doesnt jump to drastic expensive measures. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612863].votes_count ]]