You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Gary M. Flangas

He performed anterior neck surgery on me in 2013 because of severe narrowing of the spinal cord in that area. Less than two years later, I was in pain and went to see another neurosurgeon. I had MRIs and CT scans taken, all of which showed the neck surgery collapsed, and the hardware went thru my discs and bones. I was at 'death's door' once again, just as I was when Flangas operated on me less than two years prior. This next surgery (different surgeon) called for a re-do of anterior, as well as posterior being operated on, and it was done in the fall of 2015. It was the worst operation I've ever had in my life, but Flangas should have strengthened the back of my neck when he operated on the front in 2013. There was nothing he did to support the back of the neck. I am not a gymnast or a dancer. My lifestyle is quite sedentary. I have written to Flangas explaining what happened. In my total ignored letter to him, I wanted to know why this happened - how many other patients were affected this way - that I felt some financial restitution was in order because of what my family and I had to suffer through due to his faulty surgery. This was a man we held in high esteem. This was a man we called by his first name and looked upon as a friend. This is the same man who performed a very inadequate surgery that could have cost me my life. This is the man who chose to bury his head in the sand and not respond to my letter. My sense of disappointment cannot be described in words...and it was totally unnecessary. And one other thing - he used a stainless steel plate (wrong material) to put into the front of my neck, and it had slipped downward. He monitored it for a while and then 'excused' my getting the last set of x-rays because he felt everything was fine. It was anything but fine. I don't care how good of reviews he has from other patients. Stay away from this man, period!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

My experience with with Dr Flangas and his staff were nothing short of the best. I couldn't be happier and my results were excellent after a lumbar fusion at L3,L4,L5 I have my life back. 12 years of back pain , pills and injections, gone.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Very good Dr very smart help full caring for his patints

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Amazing in every way possible. I'm back to 100% Ty so much.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Disappointed with Dr. Flangas. He recommended surgery, sent me to a 2nd opinion who agreed, and then was influenced by insurance. Insurance company told him no surgery and I was dropped like a bad habit. No explanation, no advice, and no compassion. I am still in the same level of pain and have no Dr. To turn to unless I pay cash. (due to insurance) What a disappointment! $$$$$$

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

My husband received a micro lumbar discectomy from this doctor a few weeks ago. The staff at his office are very friendly and nice. After the surgery was over the Dr. personally came out to the waiting room and updated me directly on my Husbands status. I wish I could say the same of the nurses at UMC. I had to constantly bug them to get an update. So far my husband seems in a lot less pain than what he started with but I guess time will tell. Dr. Flangas was very informative and polite and I hope that this is the first step in my husband becoming pain free.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

Gary Flangas and his entire medical staff is spot-on perfect in every area of concern. He is a fine doctor and a superb gentleman. You will get all the time you need with him during your consult, during pre-op and post-op. You will understand what is going to be done and why. All questions will be answered. He assuaged all of my concerns and gave me a peace that surpasses all understanding regarding my back surgery in May of 2011. I had bad stenosis and needed two discs fused. The same is true of my neck which he will operate on this year 2012. Gary Flangas is the best of the best!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

DR. FLANGAS AND STAFF ARE EXCELLENT. I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF A WORK INJURY AND HE HAS BEEN INFORMATIVE AND HELPFUL. STILL UNSURE IF SURGERY IS NEEDED, BUT HE HAS BEEN THERE TO LISTEN AND EXPLAIN EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. I AM CONFIDENT IN HIS DECISIONS AND KNOW THAT I WILL HEAL.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

Dr. Flangas was able to fix my problem that I have had for 2 years. I sought help from many other doctors that could not help me, I highly recommend him... Natalie and Theresa were amazing :).

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

Dr. Gary M. Flangas's Credentials

• University Of Nevada School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "He performed anterior neck surgery on me in 2013 because of severe narrowing of the spinal cord in that area. Less than two years later, I was in pain and went..."

April 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with with Dr Flangas and his staff were nothing short of the best. I couldn't be happier and my results were excellent after a lumbar fusion at L3..."

October 14, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Very good Dr very smart help full caring for his patints"

August 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Outstanding, ethical spine neurosurgeon. There is a culture of compassion and patient focus through his office."

March 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing in every way possible. I'm back to 100% Ty so much."

February 19, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Gary" to "Gary M."

October 20, 2013