Ratings for Dr. Andrew G. Mahaffey

Last time I saw Dr.Mahaffey, I came about 15 minutes early to fill out my forms. I was quickly called in and helped, and my entire checkup lasted less than five minutes! I waited in the room afterwards for probably an additional five minutes and Dr.Mahaffey sat down and asked if I had any questions. He didn't make me feel dumb and was quick to give me an easy to understand answer! I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

I switched to Dr. Mahaffey because my family and I were moving to Georgetown at 31 weeks weeks pregnant. Leaving Austin Regional Clinic (the place I went to most of my life and first pregnancy) unsure if I was making the right decision. But I sure as heck did. This man treats me like im the queen of the castle and is always optimistic. While im craby one. He always has a smile on his face. You can really tell he loves his job and also knows what he is doing. I cant wait for the day he delivers my lil girl because I know im in good hands. content://media/external/file/1923

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

He was amazing when I was pregnant with my daughter in 2013. And now that I'm pregnant with my second, he is the only doctor I will go to.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

He delivered my son in 2013. Been seeing him since 2011. Very kind. He always made me feel comfortable. I was a high risk pregnancy. Had some complications but he always reassured me everything will be okay and that I was doing great. Best doctor ever!!!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I first learned I had a risk of cervical cancer at this clinic and went on to have an abnormal pap. One of the nurses or med staff took it upon themselves to send me a letter of reminder to revisit. Only this was the most outrageous, ridiculous letters I never thought would be mailed from a doctor's office. It simply stated," it is time for your next pap. Due to your abnormal pap last visit you must come back for another exam or you will face cancer and die." How awful. Who does that? Hopefully Dr Mahaffey has corrected this flaw within his office. He was a delightful obstetrician and gynecologist but his staff's beside manners have yet to be examined. For this reason alone I will never go back. He was my cherished obgyn, but more than what I stated earlier about his staff has given me more than enough reasons to completely avoid his practice. In my opinion it takes your whole team to represent what you stand for and to hold tight to a good name. BTW, cancer free.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Dr. Mahaffey delivered my daughter almost 20 years ago and I have continued going to him every year for my annual well-woman exam. He has never changed in his attention to detail and always, always makes me feel like I am the only patient he has!! He is truly a blessing!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

From rachel silva the best dr.in texas love dr.mahaffey.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

The absolute WORST OB/GYN ever! I would NOT recommend him to anyone! I have told the birth center I went to (who agreed w/ me) & my current ob for my current pregnancy about the HORRIBLE birth experience I had with this man! He scheduled me for an induction on my first pregnancy, rushed me through labor (which I had only been in for 10 hours), broke my water W/OUT my consent(I didn't want my membranes broken & for my child to be born en caul unless my water broke naturally) & attempted to send me for a C-section. I had to fight tooth and nail for a natural delivery as NOTHING was wrong with the health or well being of my child or myself. He also used FORCEPS during my delivery which I was uneducated about until after giving birth. Not 15 minutes after I gave birth did he shake my husband's hand and tell us he was leaving for vacation. This sorry excuse of a human being put myself and my child in harms way & severe pain for his own personal gain. DO NOT USE HIM FOR YOUR OB!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

Dr. Mahaffey was my OB while living in Texas. I absolutely love Dr Mahaffey. I did have bad experiences with losses, which could have been prevented if he hadn't been out of town. The in call Doctor had me wishing Dr. Mahaffey would show up at any minute. I do believe i wouldn't have had 2 second trimester losses had Mahaffey been there to help instead of the on call doctor.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

Dr. Mahaffey has been my OB throughout a very high risk pregnancy. I started seeing him at twenty weeks after I first moved to Texas. The set of OB's I had before him I HATED, I was overly anxious and always worrying. He has always been very thorough, with a great bedside manner and made sure I left every visit feeling calmer and more positive. If there has been any complications or worries he has been quick to fit me in and answer any questions I have, never making me feel like I have a dumb question or stupid worry, as a first time mom I truly appreciate that. I feel comfortable and less nervous knowing he will be the one delivering my child. I really trust him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

Dr. Andrew G. Mahaffey's Credentials

• Texas A & M University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)