Ratings for Dr. Allyson Adolph

I absolutely love Dr Adolph. She has the most soothing, reassuring voice and gentle eyes that calms you and makes you feel like you're in good hands. Dr Adolph delivered my last baby on August 30th 2017 and i didn't tear or need an episiotomy and i honestly believe it's because she's incredibly experienced in her field and knows what she's doing. I don't believe it would've been the same with any other doctor. I'd love to keep having babies just so i could see her again!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

I had Dr Adolph for both of my children and she delivered one. I absolutely love her to death. She did an amazing job walking me thru everything and she is a very caring doctor. I love the way she smiles every time she hears the baby's heartbeat and when the baby is finally born. Can't say enough great things about this woman. She is truly amazing in her career and you can tell she enjoys what she does.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

She was the on call OB for my third child. She was pushy rude and seemed to not care to consult with us at all. She pushed a csection almost the moment she came in our room and didn't listen or allow me to labour the way I know works for me. The nurses began to follow her lead of pushing her agenda and since it wasn't a busy night we decided to ask for a second opinion which she refused at first. I would never see her again for anything.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr. Adolph did my laparoscopic tubal ligation eleven years ago. She tried to talk me out of it, being that I was so young (I was only seventeen) even sending me to a colleague of hers (Dr. Stan Davey) to see if he could make me change my mind. I'm grateful for this effort, for had I not been certain of what I wanted, this would have made all the difference. It also gave me a surreal chance to meet the man who delivered me from my mother via emergency cesarian section eighteen years prior. Her staff were super friendly, she was extremely knowledgeable and punctual, and she was kind and compassionate. It was especially wonderful to have an OBGYN that actually has a vagina. I don't mean to be sexist- but that really does make all the difference. There are times today, at 28 years old, I observe my friends' toddler smearing faeces from her diaper on the rest of her body, or where I see a defiant child in Wal-Mart have a total meltdown, and, Dr. Adolph, if you're reading this, when these things happen, I just want to hug you, and thank you for going ahead with the procedure. I really just despise children, and I have no business being a mom. I get such a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that it will happen to me, that I can rest assured that at no point in my life will I ever have to wrestle with a small, angry version of myself to get a hot wheels car out of my hand as she shrieks maniacally. It makes me so unbelievably thankful to know that I will never have to clean up anybody else's vomit but my own. I am elated at the fact that I will dictate my own sleep schedule for the entirety of my life, and that I will never have to re-learn the things I learned in elementary school one day ahead of a child. Hats off to you, Dr. Allyson Adolph, thankyou for letting me look at the gift of motherhood and scribble "return to sender" on it. I am eternally in your debt. Seriously though. Fantastic doctor, amazing staff, and overall the best experience you could expect from a surgery. I bled more than I expected, it was a tad painful, but the wake up nurses were so kind and the anesthesiologist was great. And a little blood when you're seventeen is far better than being in L&D when you're 18. Thankyou SO MUCH, Dr. Adolph for making my childless dreams a reality. I couldn't be happier.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I have had Dr. Adolph for all 3 of my deliveries - 2 emergency c sections (both for different and completely legitimate reasons), and a vbac between. She was wonderful, and I trust her completely.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

I had Dr Adolph for my first pregnancy and although she was great, I found with my second pregnancy (2.5yrs later) her attitude had completely changed. With my first, I ended up with a c section after a long labor and she came to see me in the hospital even though she didn't perform the c section. She said (with my first) that I should try for a vbac with the second baby if I were to have another. Fast forward 2.5 years later, I went in for my initial visit and was prepped / researched on labour info and what my chances were for a vbac. She said "Well, you could TRY for a vbac but I really think it would be a lot easier with a c section." I knew better and left that office feeling very frustrated. I ended up seeing another OB who was very positive about vbac's and had no concerns. I feel as bough with the limited amount of OB's in Lethbridge, it's almost like she's feeling the pressure and just wants to schedule most deliveries in order to make it easier.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Dr Adolph was my physician for 4 pregnancies and 3 deliveries! She has amazing bedside manners and is a talented and confident doctor!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Very nice doctor.. did amazing job with my csection, very caring. Staff was helpful but I did have to wait for appointments pretty long because she is in call, which makes sense 😊 All with all great doctor

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

There should be a section for "Human/Patient Interaction and I would rate Dr Adolph absolutely disgraceful. I am sure this lady is competent, but my interaction with her was a waste of time, a stressful experience, facing such a cold, uncaring woman. Reading other ladies comments, maybe she had a bad day? I am not a mom to be and maybe she is better with moms and/or pregnant women. I know doctors can be very overdosed with our problems, but Dr Adolph take that to a very cynical level. I will and I do not recommend this doctor to any woman.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Adolph for a sterilization procedure as I do not want children. She was wonderful. It can be hard to find doctors who will perform sterilization on childfree women, but I was very pleased with how Dr. Adolph respected my wishes and that I as an adult woman knew my own mind. She suggested a bilateral salpingectomy in part due to family history and general risk reduction for certain ovarian cancers, which I was happy about as that was my preference anyway for those reasons and in terms of effectiveness.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017