Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey S. Lodge

Dr. Lodge has been in practice for a couple of decades & has a strong medical practice. He doesn't rotate through many multiple "call-partners" and is a genuine man. He has a very easy bedside manner unlike other doctors I've been to. (Ever try to relate to a Neurologist? NO personality on practically ANY of them!) He tries to set patients at ease considering most would rather go to the dentist than be spread eagle in front of a man with a cold metal instrument & plastic stick in hand! If you are looking for a real prude for a doctor, find a female doctor in Nashville who won't give you the time of day. They often work part-time because they have a family who comes first before you & your baby. There are Dozens & dozens available for you. If you want a genuine carrying doctor who tries to put your mind at ease about the very personal and invasive exam all women must endure annually, then he's definitely the guy. He saved my life by questioning something my previous doctor labeled as a "normal change" which it was NOT. He is VERY through & I as a mother of 4 am so thankful he didn't blow off this situation. If you're looking for a therapist to pay by the hour to sit and hold your hand, no OB/GYN will meet your high expectations. If you are looking for high quality care from a truly caring doctor, one who actually believes in continuing education & learning about the latest cutting edge, treatment modalities, then Dr. Jeff Lodge is the right choice. BTW, unless it's your first baby, you probably have some romantic idea that your doctor will remain at your bedside until the birth. That is simply a complete misunderstanding. A high-quality doctor stays in contact with the patient's labor nurse and is there for any and all critical needs requiring medical attention rather than playing the role of the nurse. Getting a realistic picture of what an OB does & doesn't do might actually help give you realistic expectations! I wanted a man who could handle a crisis without panic, and keep me and my baby safe. Being offended at an attempt to help you relax & feel comfortable sounds like you may need a different kind of doctor to address those particular issues you're going through! Typically, childbirth classes would adequately prepare you with realistic expectations. Dr. Lodge has sat with me & wept with me over losing a baby, NOT a fetus. FEW docs in my past EVER bothered to sit with me in that very painful & uncomfortable situation before! Now ignoring THAT kind of pain is a poor bedside manner, if you are honest with yourself. I give Dr. Lodge & staff 5 stars based on an extensive Ob/Gyn history with him that goes far beyond one comment that would get the feathers ruffled of some. He's a funny, and god-believing man, that is just plain likable. Want a doctor with the knowledge to keep you & your baby safe? Dr. Lodge is my only choice! Ask any experienced mom/woman about him. Besides, it's impossible to please all the people, all the time, ESPECIALLY when you are woken up at ALL hours of the day while keeping the perfect demeanor!! Ask any overly-tired mom running on 2 hours of sleep how patient & kind SHE is at 3 am!! He LOVES dealing with patients and really invests in them.....his practice has been strong enough to provide him with a deserved but very early retirement, and yet he still remains, doing what he LOVES doing! Any newly pregnant mom with any sense would set up interviews to meet their potential doctors BEFORE deciding who to trust. Don't be lazy! Do your due-diligence and stop complaining when you fail to do so! He'll answer any list of questions you throw at him so really, the ball is in YOUR court to choose the right physician. Only fools rush in.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

This doctor is a jerk . My first and last experience with him was horrible ... He says the most inappropriate things and I really wanted to walk away and wish I would have. First thing he and his nurse were obviously busy and let me know as if it's my fault?? Also he then put don't my insurance provider saying he didn't how he was one of the few people that got stuck with this provider !!! Who says this stuff ??? The. Before he leaves the room he tells me to " get naked " um excuse me? Also while he is doing the exam he is commenting on one of my tattoos in a sort of negative way and telling me I can get that thing removed in their laser center. He wasn't very sensitive to my issues concerning being able to get pregnant ... Only when I began to get stern did he start acting right . The guy hates his job and it's obvious . Im hoping he reads these and understands that maybe he can change the way he deals with his patients or just go ahead and retire

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I give Dr. Lodge and his staff 5 stars! I've been seeing him as my OBGYN for years. He's silly, and does whatever he can to lighten the mood in stressful situations. I've seen him for problems as well as routine checkups. No matter what the circumstance, he makes me feel comfortable. Seeing an OBGYN isn't a pleasant experience for most people, but Dr. Lodge makes it an entirely different experience than most.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

I am a new patient to Dr. Lodge and he is a great doctor. He made me feel at ease. He explained all of my lab work in detail, very knowledgeable. Going to the doctor is not so fun but he and his staff did make it better.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Run away! Do not use Dr. Lodge if you are planning on having a baby. His bedside manner is terrible, he says inappropriate comments, doesn't tell you you'll need c-section, and won't show up to your delivery! Just find a doctor that cares about their patients. This man does not!!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2013

Horrible bedside manner...Sent me into labor at 4pm to a hospital that I told him many many times that I didn't want to go to...He didn't even show up until 11am the next day. Once he showed up he was ready to perform a c-section since he said that i was only dialated to a 3 when all of the nurses were saying dialation was at an 8... he simply was ready to be off of his shift that he JUST showed up to.. I was in labor for 22hours and he never checked on me until he delivered and didnt check on me afterwards.

Submitted May 31, 2013

I have been going to Dr.Loged for two years now. Dr.Loged and his staff are wonderful. He just preformed my partial hysterectomy and it went so well.NO COMPLANITS. He is a smart and Great Doctor. I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dr.Maddox's for refering me to Dr.Loged.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Wow, wow,wow Dr. Lodge and Ms. Lodge were amazing! They were both friendly and helpful. I truly believe God has blessed them with the gift of making people smile and putting them at ease. I have never enjoyed going to the doctor, this by far was the most pleasant visit I have every had, in a doctor's office. It was my first visit with them, but it will not be my last. I will be forever grateful to The Lodges and their staff.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

i have gone to Dr. Lodge for 6 years; he has always been so knowelegable with information on anything Ive asked for him. Hes very quick and understanding with any issue and always provides me with the best experience. He delivered my son, who is now 6 years old and has come to be the same doctor for the rest of my family. I feel safe and comfortable, and know I have a well trusted doctor!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

I have had the best experience with Dr. Lodge and the staff at BlueSky. I wanted to lose weight and they staff at BlueSky was so helpful and still helpful when I go in for maintenance for weight loss. love Jennelle, Ashley, Jenny, Tammy and Daphne!! I just recently started the hormone treatment. I am excited to see how this works due to me only being 43 and wanting my energy back. Dr. Lodge is also my Ob and I have been going to himfor years. Very understanding, helpful and has helped me make the decisions that i need to about the "pre" menopausal years to come. This has been one of the best decisions I made and it was with the help of Dr. Lodge.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2012

Dr. Jeffrey S. Lodge's Credentials

• Bowman Gray School Of Medicine Of Wake Forest University (Grad. 1989)

TRICARE