Ratings for Dr. Lou J. Nackman

Dr. Nackman is an outstanding physician and has my highest recommendation. He is a real people person and takes time to get to know his patients and their parents.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. Nackman has been my three children's doctor since they were born and has provided wonderful care. Dr. Nackman has been fantastic and has fostered both a trusting and caring rapport with them, always allowing time explain everything to both them and myself. He has proven to be a skilled diagnostician ( with some fairly unusual "conditions") , and make referrals whenever necessary. I could not ask for a better fit for both myself and my children and am very appreciative of his outstanding attention to my children over the last 15 years.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

Our family has been seeing Dr. Nackman for nearly 5 years. He has provided exceptional care for my three children, including my child with special needs who has a more complicated medical history. Dr. Nackman is always on top of the latest research, and has a great deal of knowledge and experience with the medical issues that children with my son's disability commonly experience. I find our appointments to be very informative, and Dr. Nackman always takes as much time as needed to answer all of my questions and explain everything to me. On a personal level, Dr. Nackman has built great relationships with my children, and has gotten to know them well. On the whole, I have had great experiences with Dr. Nackman at Elliot Peds, The staff, the punctuality, and the level of care provided are exceptional. I can always get same-day appointments when needed, and quickly receive prescriptions and referrals as well. I wouldn't take my children anywhere else!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Rolls his eyes every time I talk or even enter the building. Rushes. Does not care very much. Does not show concern. Refused to look at patients past medical records. Never fills prescriptions on time!!! have to call many times to get them to fill a prescription!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Dr. Lou J. Nackman's response
I do not rush thru appointments, I give each patient the time required and have many very loyal patients and families that have followed me from my practice in manchester to first Londonderry and now Windham, NH. They wouldn't follow me if I disrespected them or their concerns. My refills are all done using our electronic medical records system within hours of receiving the requests.

Submitted October 28, 2014

NH Medical Board: http://www.nh.gov/medicine/publications/documents/vol0702.pdf DO NOT USE HIM. He was responsible for the death of a child.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Dr. Lou J. Nackman's response
This is not true. The above link very unfortunately was to an incorrect statement published by the NH board of medicine. I was not responsible for the death of a child and the board did publish a correction! The printed correction can be found on page 4 on the following link: http://www.nh.gov/medicine/publications/documents/winter2003.pdf.

Submitted October 28, 2014

Isn't friendly enough, bad people skills. We would have to wait for him for a long time in a waiting room (with my baby being undressed). Talking to him you feel rushed like he's trying to leave the room ASAP. Doesn't give enough info to put a parent at ease. Answers questions like "That's normal" without any additional info. I had some other new mothers who would hate going to him and, like me, switched to another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2008

Dr. Lou J. Nackman's response
This cannot be true. We never have babies undressed in the waiting room! I pride myself in running on time at least 98% of the time. Are there times when a parent and child has to wait - sure, but that means that I am giving extra attention to another patient that unexpectedly needed it. The same care that I would provide to any other child who requires it.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2007

Dr. Lou J. Nackman's Credentials

• Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med, Gainesville Fl 32610 (Grad. 1992)