Ratings for Dr. Deborah L. Ottenheimer

Office is horrible at returning test results. Don't go here if you don't want to wait over a month and don't want to have to call repeatedly while dealing with a rude staff.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2011

Dr. Ottenheimer gives off a bit of an intellectual vibe but she is nonetheless relatable and very considerate of her patients' feelings. She manages to walk the line between utmost professionalism and the ability to relate to her patients. She's just an interesting, good person, and a very, very capable doctor. She fully explained everything to me, answered all questions, and was all-around supportive. I went in for a small procedure and I have a bunch of friends who've had the same thing done by different gynecologists, and my experience sounds like one of the best. The only annoying aspect of going to this office is that they take your credit card info when you call to deduct if you miss your appointment. I totally understand the need for doctors to reduce the number of no-shows, but the policy seems rather stark to me. There's a wait, but not too excessive. Staff was nice. As far as Dr. Ottenheimer herself, though, A+.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Ottenheimer for three years. I'll admit there have been one or two times where her staff has had an "off" day and I've had to wait a while, but even then she is well worth the wait. I cannot give her high enough praises for being relaxed, warm, friendly and still very profressional.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

This doctor is incredibly helpful, did not rush, and performs thorough exams. Her manner is caring and no-nonsense. My insurance claims have always gone through without an issue, contrary to the last rater. I highly recommend her as an OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2008

Guys- save yourself the agony- do not go to her. In our first conversation I asked her questions about what to think about if I want to get pregnant, and she said, everyone says different things- go online and read about it. I was hoping for some advice which is why I came to her. when I had a question, i was told it might take 48 hours for her to get back to me even though it was urgent. The sec was not polite either. when the dr called me, and i told her my disappointment, she said "well, i;m here on the phone now, what do you want?" no apologes or anything. Overall, very disappointing experience and would not recommend her AT ALL.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2008

I agree! I feel like I'm at some urban free clinic, not on 5th Ave. IMHO, the staff acts like they're gov't employees. Rude, huge attitude, no apologies even though they make mistakes, and inflexible. Not client-focused. Twice (of 3 visits) I've waited 45 mins because her staff forgot to tell her that I'd arrived. Then, because her staff filed thee claim wrong (they only have a part-time administrator) they didn't yet have their payment, & thus wouldn't see me. They didn't tell me this until I WAS AT THE OFFICE waiting 20 mins (they acted like I shouldve known, no apology). They're also not discrete. How was the MD? I say she's responsible for the bad staff. She's in private practice because for a rea$on, and she should manage it seriously. As a medical professional, she's just ok. She's probably competent enough and actually pretty sweet. I read the other posts, and with my experience of her, I don't think she's thoughtless or heartless, I think she's just lazy.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2007

THIS DR CHARGES EXCESSIVE, IF INSURANCE DOESN'T COVER IT,OR SHOULD I SAY PUT'S THE CLAIM THROUGH SO THE INSURANCE DOESN'T COVER IT THEREFORE THE BILL IS LEFT TO THE PATIENT,THEN IF THE BILL ISN'T PAID BY 30 DAYS SHE HAS IT TAKEN OUT OF THE PATIENTS CREDIT CARD, KNOW WOUNDER THE HEALTH CARE IS THE WORST IN THE WORLD!!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2007

I ususally have a really hard time with pelvic exams, and Dr. Ottenheimer was very patient and understanding. I've seen her 3 or 4 times, and she has a great bedside manner and is professional and caring. I highly recommend her to anyone with a history of physical abuse. Also, she has a Bronx location where she sees patients on a sliding-scale basis. She really cares about people and knows her stuff!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2007

Used her as a referral for a more complex procedure than could be done at my school. I really disliked her. She was preoccupied and not attentive. She did not answer questions or take history. When i tried to speak to her in depth she put me off until results were in. results were given by secretary. When i asked to speak with the Dr about what that means in terms of my general GYN health Dr. Ottenheimer told me to make another appointment to discuss these things. I declined as this seemed only to be padding my bill. I WOULD NEVER USE THIS DOCTOR AGAIN

flag | Submitted February 15, 2007

It was more the office secretaries since I didn't even get to see the doctor. They told me they take all types of Empire plan over the phone, only to walk in after waiting 3 weeks for an appt. to have the secretary tell me they don't take this particular plan and that it's my fault it wasn't cleared up. No apologies, nothing. They also kept me waiting a very long time to confirm their answer and again, no compassion or even an apologetic smile for the wait. Not to mention their rude indifference. I feel that since so much of a patient's time is spent communicating with the secretaries and nurses, their dispositions should be of utmost importance. I'm not going into a clothing store to buy a t-shirt, I'm going into a doctors office to inquire about my health and my body. To understand what's good and proper for me as a person and a women. These women were disgruntled and angry. A very bad repressentation of a doctor's office.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2007

Dr. Deborah L. Ottenheimer's Credentials

• Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19104 (Grad. 1994)