Ratings for Dr. Jonathan B. Warach

Very caring. Ask many questions and listens. I feel like he is very thourough.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

flag | Submitted September 18, 2010

Dr. Warach is a good Neurologist. If it weren't for him my problem would not have been caught...Yes he can be dry humor, and he asks lots of questions, if you think he isn't listening...well he is...When you call about something to do with your condition, there is a followup call from him within the hour. I find him to be very professional, knowledgeable and I don't don't care if he is alittle dry...I trust him and I hold him high in confidence. He is no nonsense...If there is something wrong he will help...be upfront with him. Don't be fooled by his dry sense of humor... He does smile..rare, but he does...He is who he is and he is great! Don't judge a book by its cover. He is my hero...Without his help and diagnosis of seizures and the proper medicine I don't know what would have happened to me. One doctor told me just concussion, and Dr. Warach took over and is helping and will continue to treat me...Can't say enough about him....

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Diagnosed my lamictal allergy over the phone. I wound up air lifted in critical condition a week later. Kudos to vet school flunkies.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2010

He was recommended to me with a warning about his HORRIBLE bedside manner. Good news: He discovered an undiagnosed seizure disorder. Bad: I had a neurological episode which landed me in 2 separate ERs in 2 days, which they couldn't diagnose. When I called him, he seemed unconcerned and questioned why the ER hadn't run specific tests. I was obviously unable to answer those questions and scheduled an appointment. He did not fit me in until 5 days after the initial event. I had extreme difficulty speaking, walking, and processing information. I had a nurse escort me into the office, essentially holding me up straight. He asked me to walk for him to see; I fell into the counter and he had to catch me to keep me off the floor. He then stated that since I can walk, I'm fine. Arguing with him that I couldn't walk and that I wasn't fine was met with silence. He shooed me out and that was that. Even the nurse who walked me in was baffled. Needless to say, I've changed neurologists.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2009

Difficult to know how to relate to this doctor. I had to wait two hours in the waiting room past my scheduled appointment time and once I was seen, I felt rushed.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2009

The jury is still out on this doctor. I've only seen him once and came out more confused then when I went in. He fired off questions and was onto the next question before I had time to answer his 1st question. I didn't think he even heard some of my responses, but he did, and was thorough. I didn't like the fact that he asked me if I wanted to go through some nerve testing, rather then recommend that I should. He did order some blood work and recommended that I see if my situation worsens at which time I could come back in to have the testing. I've got a good sense of humor and each time I said something funny, he referred to me as gelastic and told me to look it up. When I did, I wasn't sure if I should have been insulted or not.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009

I found the staff extremely friendly,knowledgable & understanding of all my needs.Talking to them I came to understand Dr. Warach LIKE ALMOST EVERY SPECIALIST runs late , BUT after meeting with him,came to realize why....He actually listens to what you have to say,it sounds strange but he is fast yet thorough beyong belief! Once you get to know him has a great sense of humor,not your typical "kiss my butt" type of doctor! He has wisdowm beyond his years .I would recommend him to anyone who wants knowledge & smarts over a "i'll tell you what you want to hear" doctor anyday!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

I wasn't sure about Dr. Warach the first couple of times I saw him. As I once remarked to another physician about how anal he seems, her response was, "Don't you want your neurologist to be anal?" I approved of that response! I have found him to be thorough and pretty knowledgeable. I present as a challenge, so I'm not an easy patient. He communicates with my other physicians. Dr. Warach has also been good with my children, one of whom is ADHD and very busy, able to engage them (and me) with humor and kindness during my visits. I'm glad he hasn't given up on me.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2009

I find Dr. Warrach to have a very dry sense of humor and an acquired 'taste'. I have had a stroke, severe epilepsy and have had a craniotomy due to a subdural hematoma and he was extremely good, patient, compassionate and a caring doctor. If you can get past the dry sense of humor (which is actually pretty funny once you understand him), he is a fantastic doctor.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2008

Dr. Jonathan B. Warach's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

UnitedHealthcare